“Rude "customer service"”

Smoky Mountain Lodging
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Rude "customer service"”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is our 3rd trip to Pigeon Forge, but our first time at staying in a cabin. We stayed at the "Lofty Pines" cabin. I'm not sure what the $45.00 cleaning fee is for because this cabin was filthy. The carpets are so dirty and stains everywhere. There are cobwebs in the bedroom and the faucet in the shower looks like it will fall off any minute. The windows are so dirty you can't see out of them. When we checked into the office, the girls working were not friendly at all. After we got to the cabin, we had trouble with the tv and I had some questions about the fireplace. I called the office, the girl said I needed to read our rental agreement, which I already had and it didn't say anything about stripping the bed of sheets before we leave and piling them along with our used towels into the bath tub, which we don't have. If we ever decide to rent a cabin again, it won't be from Smoky Mountain Cabins! The maintenance is obviously very poor.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Boopalicious

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Jonesville, Virginia
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Smokey Mountain Lodging (formally Black Bear Lodging) is my favorite place to stay at during a trip to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg Tn. A cabin is really the best way to go if your trip is more than a day or two and they have cabins all over the Smokey Mountains. My girlfriend and me have stayed with them several times and loved any cabin we have picked to stay at, the two most recent was Bear Footin' and our favorite so far Bear Hugs. We highly recommend them and look forward to our next cabin retreat!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pine Mountain Valley, Georgia, United States
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The cabin patch was a wonderful, beautiful cabin. They fixed all the things that the guy before was complaining about. Its got a excellent view. The staff were very nice and freindly. You do have to pay for air hockey but it was worth it when we played it. It also has lots and lots of space which was excellent for us. It was an overall great experience. We loved the cabin patch. We are actually thinking about staying their next year when we come!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
NC
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I, stayed here. Yes a 4 Bedroom cabin for two of us. Reason being is becouse the resort we originally scheduled was a horror. I have stayed with Black bear Lodging 3 times including this stay. Each time has been A+ for the money. Lets REPEAT THIS, in a normal hotel or resort suite you receive a bed, a bathroom and sometimes if your lucky and ittle bittie kitchen. The night before we arrived the reviews of this cabin made us weary. Well thanks to awful trip advisor travelers we were fooled. This stay for the money was excellent. HOT TUB WORKS GREAT AND CLEAN, Pool table Great, TVS GREAT, Cable GREAT. I honestly dont understand why others would belittle this cabin. We received 10X's the amenities as a resort or hotel offers in their small rooms. Oh and the reviews concerned the scary small road to the cabin, YOUR STAYING IN A CABIN ON A MTN. People use common sense.

Room Tip: In choosing a cabin, make sure you have wifi, in case your unhappy with their cable choices
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stormofnc
Bloomfield, Indiana
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I were planning a trip to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for 4 nights. We had never stayed in a cabin before but had many people tell us is was the way to go. We got on Blackbear Lodgings website and after narrowing down the cabins that fit what we were looking for we settled on "Endless Love". The main things we were looking for in the cabin was Wifi, secluded, outdoor hot tub, kitchen and most important a view. This cabin was billed as having one of the best views of any they had. The cabin was booked for the first night we were going to be in town, so we stayed in a motel that night and checked into the cabin for the other 3 nights. Check in time was 400. We arrived at the office at about 345. The staff was friendly, not overly nice but pleasant enough. After all the paperwork was signed the girl helping us said she had to call housekeeping to get the code for the box our key would be in at the cabin. This was a little after 400 at this point and housekeeping was still at our cabin and said it wasnt ready yet. This was a little annoying since check in is advertised as 400, but we had a seat in the office and about 15 min later was told our cabin was ready. We were then gave the code and driving directions and sent on our way. The directions were very plain and simple. We passed alot of cabins on our way to ours and none had any view of the mountains to really speak of. We started up a very steep, winding, narrow mountain road. It was very nerve racking going up this and finally we found our cabin. It was very beautiful with a great view as promised. I just wish the staff would have gave us a heads up about the drive in. If anyone is going when there may be snow on you may want to ask how the road is into where your cabin is located, as 4 wheel drive may be needed. Entering the cabin we found it be very clean and beautiful. This is an open space cabin so the kitchen, living room and bedroom area are all in a big open space. The bathroom with tub/shower is private, but there is a hot tub by the bed in the open area. The kitchen had plenty of pots and pans and plates, utensils, and glasses. We also had Wifi and Dish Network. There was a porch/deck that wrapped around from the front door to the back with a grill, table and 2 chairs, 2 rocking chairs, porch swing and a 4 person hot tub. The view was AMAZING!! The king size bed was a little hard, but I still managed to get good nights sleep. The only problem we had, which was very minor, was the water in the shower didnt get very warm. Everything in the cabin worked well, it was very peaceful there and was by far our favorite part of the trip. When ever we come back to the area, I would like to rent this cabin again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wishy20
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We have rented from Black Bear Lodging several times and always been very pleased with the cabins. This trip we chose the cabin Bear Necessity and I was less than pleased. While many of my complaints are not necessarily the lodging companies responsibility but more the cabin owners. First off chose this cabin since it did have internet access, the internet or phone did not work and after complaining was told sorry we have to call the owners, never heard back and it did not get fixed during our stay. The cabin itself was in need of some updating and upkeep. The furniture in this cabin was very uncomfortable and the beds were even worse. I would definitly not recommend this particular cabin. The cabin appeared to not have been cleaned in some time, very dusty and floors looked like not been cleaned in some time. Was the worst cabin we have ever stayed in, I was very disappointed with the lodgig companies lack of care that we were not happy and was honestly very shocked at the way they seemed to not really care since we have stayed with this company many times and always very satisfied with the cabin as well as the staff in the office.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lgrantChattanooga_TN
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Had plans to stay here for four nights to celebrate my birthday saved for months so we could have a good time. Stayed in view of the valley and was turned off by the location but ended up loving it. On our third day here after being gone all day on car trails came home to the window busted and everything I had bought myself for my birthday and all that my husband bought was gone (close to 400 dollars worth). We contacted police and a manager was also suppose to show up and we got some maintenance man who looked lost. We're told to go to the main office and all they wanted to do was put us in another cabin that was bigger but dirty and give us a free night. I was not staying in a dirty cabin that was old and run down when mine was clean and new. We ended up leaving and just getting one free night (even though we had two more to stay) and going to the Conner hill motor lodge. DO NOT STAY with this company!!

• Stayed September 2013