“Poor service!”

Smoky Mountain Lodging
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have stayed with this company before and we had no problems! This time our floors were so dirty that our granddaughter got up in the bed and her little fet were black. Everyone elses were as well. I called the office and they said someone would come out but they never did. I called back to see what time they would be out and they said they were not sure but someone would come. They never did. I was very displeased with this. The sheets and pillow slips were turned wrong side out so that led me to believe that they had not been changed at all! This is a very unsafe cleaning method! If nothing else has been cleaned then I think it is safe to assume that the toliets and showers are not being cleaned either. The beds were also hard making for a poor week of sleep.

1  Thank Jennifers1969

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My family and I stayed with Black Bear Lodging this year, because we had rented with them before and had experienced no problems, however this year was different. The staff at the rental place are very nice and seemed to be willing to help anyway they could, but they promised to send someone out to mop our floors and nobody ever showed up. We stayed there a total of 5 nights, and for 5 nights the bottoms of our feet were black! It looked like we had been walking around in a coal field. We had a three year old with us who enjoys getting down in the floor to play, but because of the floors being so dirty, she couldn't do this. There was no view at the cabin, you couldn't see past the tress growing out in front, our sheets on our beds looked as if they had not been changed out with clean ones, because they were inside out, giving the impression that someone had just flipped them over and put them back on, same with the pillow cases! I'm not sure if we'll ever book with this cabin company again.

1  Thank Brittany C
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was very enjoyable. The only minor issue encountered was a lack of hot water for 3 adults needing to clean up in the evening. Would definitely rent from Black Bear Lodging in the future. The cabin was tastefully decorated and well-stocked. Location was private.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We have rented from BBL for the past 5 years. So far we have loved every experience. I gave 3 stars for this cabin for several reasons. The bed needs replacing, wore out! The bed was so hard, it would have been more comfy sleeping on the floor, felt tired the whole vacation due to lack of sleep. This cabin is pet friendly, although we did not bring our pet this trip, I was looking around and realized there is no grass. There is no where for pets to use the bathroom, cabin is pushed back into the mountain with rocks everywhere, I would not recommend cabin for families with pets. Cabin was located in gated community and it had a pool. Only visited pool once. Between the people that lived there and the renters, pool was way too crowded, couldn't even get a seat to sit in while my daughter swam. We were also located around the corner from the pool, and you could hear adults talking and kids yelling at all times of the day, made it very hard to relax while outside. Cabin was very clean and we had no problems with rental company. Next year we will go back to my favorite cabin Bear Hugs, great cabin, great location, pool all to ourselves! Thanks again BBL for another vacation.

1  Thank SheffieldFamilyNC
Reviewed August 13, 2013

my wife and I stayed here for a week for our honeymoon and it did not disappoint. Looks just like the pictures. Very clean. Hot tub and jacuzzi tub were a plus! Huge bed. Great view out the back. Was on top of the mountain, so I strongly advise taking a car than can handle STEEP hills. Also, try to get here in the daylight for your first time. Turns can be really sharp with no guardrails and a long way to a canyon at the bottom! Located right in between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Really my only complaint about the stay was the shortage of dishes and glassware. There were about 4 plates and 3 glasses. Overall, I recommend this cabin and I will probably return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family and I stayed with Black Bear Lodging in their cabin, Black Bear Hibernation. There were many pros to this unit. It is a beautiful unit and is very close to the parkway in Pigeon Forge. The unit is easily reached and doesn't require driving on any steep inclines or narrow roads. The staff were very polite and professional upon our arrival. Our main complaint was the fact that the hardwood floors were filthy. Sadly, we began noticing that the soles of our feet were covered black with dust/dirt. Upon noticing this, we contacted the office and were told someone would be out to mop the floors. When no one had shown up, we called the office again, were told the cleaning staff was aware of our issue, would show up later and that they were having to do their regular cleanings as well. Regardless, no one ever came out to the cabin. We even checked the floors upon our return after being out on the town and they were still filthy. We were disgusted and very upset that the company had been dishonest with us and had not taken the time to worry about our satisfaction. Also, If you are looking for something with a picturesque view, I suggest you look at another unit. We have stayed with Black Bear Lodging in the past and had not experienced any problems. I seriously hope that what happened to us with this unit, is not common practice for the company.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in "Honey Comb," a one bedroom cabin near Pigeon Forge. The cabin was a good fit for us, and we paid less than $400 for four nights. The bed seemed clean, and hot tub was wonderful. Although there were other cabins near ours, we did not feel crowded. I had a few minor complaints. The carpet looked very dirty and the living room furniture looked dingy. I recommend hard wood floors, tile, or some kind of laminate. All of the vents were rusty and need to be replaced. No major complaints and would recommend this for other couples. The workers at the Black Bear Lodging office were nothing but helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple