“A Nature's Song”

Smoky Mountain Lodging
“A Nature's Song”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We have rented from BBL for the past 5 years. So far we have loved every experience. I gave 3 stars for this cabin for several reasons. The bed needs replacing, wore out! The bed was so hard, it would have been more comfy sleeping on the floor, felt tired the whole vacation due to lack of sleep. This cabin is pet friendly, although we did not bring our pet this trip, I was looking around and realized there is no grass. There is no where for pets to use the bathroom, cabin is pushed back into the mountain with rocks everywhere, I would not recommend cabin for families with pets. Cabin was located in gated community and it had a pool. Only visited pool once. Between the people that lived there and the renters, pool was way too crowded, couldn't even get a seat to sit in while my daughter swam. We were also located around the corner from the pool, and you could hear adults talking and kids yelling at all times of the day, made it very hard to relax while outside. Cabin was very clean and we had no problems with rental company. Next year we will go back to my favorite cabin Bear Hugs, great cabin, great location, pool all to ourselves! Thanks again BBL for another vacation.

1 Thank SheffieldFamilyNC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed August 13, 2013

my wife and I stayed here for a week for our honeymoon and it did not disappoint. Looks just like the pictures. Very clean. Hot tub and jacuzzi tub were a plus! Huge bed. Great view out the back. Was on top of the mountain, so I strongly advise taking a car than can handle STEEP hills. Also, try to get here in the daylight for your first time. Turns can be really sharp with no guardrails and a long way to a canyon at the bottom! Located right in between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Really my only complaint about the stay was the shortage of dishes and glassware. There were about 4 plates and 3 glasses. Overall, I recommend this cabin and I will probably return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Booneville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family and I stayed with Black Bear Lodging in their cabin, Black Bear Hibernation. There were many pros to this unit. It is a beautiful unit and is very close to the parkway in Pigeon Forge. The unit is easily reached and doesn't require driving on any steep inclines or narrow roads. The staff were very polite and professional upon our arrival. Our main complaint was the fact that the hardwood floors were filthy. Sadly, we began noticing that the soles of our feet were covered black with dust/dirt. Upon noticing this, we contacted the office and were told someone would be out to mop the floors. When no one had shown up, we called the office again, were told the cleaning staff was aware of our issue, would show up later and that they were having to do their regular cleanings as well. Regardless, no one ever came out to the cabin. We even checked the floors upon our return after being out on the town and they were still filthy. We were disgusted and very upset that the company had been dishonest with us and had not taken the time to worry about our satisfaction. Also, If you are looking for something with a picturesque view, I suggest you look at another unit. We have stayed with Black Bear Lodging in the past and had not experienced any problems. I seriously hope that what happened to us with this unit, is not common practice for the company.

Fayetteville, West Virginia
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in "Honey Comb," a one bedroom cabin near Pigeon Forge. The cabin was a good fit for us, and we paid less than $400 for four nights. The bed seemed clean, and hot tub was wonderful. Although there were other cabins near ours, we did not feel crowded. I had a few minor complaints. The carpet looked very dirty and the living room furniture looked dingy. I recommend hard wood floors, tile, or some kind of laminate. All of the vents were rusty and need to be replaced. No major complaints and would recommend this for other couples. The workers at the Black Bear Lodging office were nothing but helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Trenton, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We just arrived back home from the worst vacation ever. My extended family planned a relaxing vacation to celebrate my son's 14th birthday. We are familiar with this area as we have been many times. I usually rent from Cove Mountain Rentals which has always been great but decided to change up this time. BIG MISTAKE. We arrived to a cabin that appeared to not have been cleaned in a really long time, like years. A cleaning crew arrived after maybe an hour and did the best they could. My mom had to help them. We couldn't get the Direct TV to work and the maintenance man had to get it plugged back in as well as replace the batteries in the remotes. The TV cabinet door in the bottom queen bedroom was hanging by a thread, so he took the door off. The shower in the lower level bathroom was stopped up and we could not use it until he came back and removed a clump of hair. The laundry room and the lower level bathroom are all in one. That was misleading. The futon and the game room are in a separate building outside. That was misleading. The hot tub was in bad shape and the top was completely messed up. We were told a new one was on order. The water pressure was terrible and we could not wash clothes and take a bath at the same time. We came in from a long day at Splash Country to no water. We were told to turn it on a let it run a while because it came from a mile away. My brother in law was walking outside after we arrived and he stepped on a large nail that went through his shoe and punctured his foot. The people at the office were rude. They only offered us a refund and to stay somewhere else or to stay there and refund the cleaning fee. They said they had no where else to move us. There was blood on the bedspread in the lower level bedroom. There were no closets on the lower level or cabinets to place clothing. The bunk beds were crammed into a very small bedroom with no walking room. The air conditioner did not work when we arrived and we were told to let it run a while. There were so many dead bugs in this place. We were told by the cleaning crew that this was an old barn that was converted to a home and that was why it gets dirty so fast. The driveway was so bumpy. It needs to be fixed ASAP before someone's car gets messed up. The grass was in dire need of a good cutting. I could go on and on. I am so sorry that we stayed here. I will never stray from Cove Mountain again.

5 Thank CandiandRyan1998
Williamstown, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family and I planned a trip to Pigeon Forge, Tn for the second year in a row. Last year the cabin we rented was not big enough for 10 people so we got something bigger this year. We rented from Black Bear Lodging and stayed in the cabin Black Bear. The drive to the cabin was terrible, you have to drive up a mountain to get to the cabin and the road is so narrow if you meet another car one of you has to back up to let the other pass. The cabin was a 3 floor cabin with 2 bedrooms on the lower level. The first bedroom had bodily fluid stains on the comforter, and the other bedroom downstairs it's comforter looked like some one had sprayed red kook- aide all over it not to mention the stains on the mattress cover that looked like urine stains. We were told the cabin had a pool table and a foosball table. Yes it had a pool table, there were 2 pool sticks broken and no chalk. The foosball table was outside on the porch it had cobwebs and rust all over it and there was no ball. When looking at the amenities it also list that Black Bear has cable TV. Which is not accurate, the tv in the living room only got one channel and 3 bedrooms only got 3 or 4 local channels because they were hooked up to converter boxes. The 4th bedroom got no channels whatsoever only black and white fuzz. We were told by housekeeping when they came to change the sheets on the two beds on the lower level that the cable all depended on the owner of the cabin. Amenities for this cabin also state there is a hot tub, which is true. The cover for the hot tub was off the hot tub laying on the deck when we arrived to the cabin. It was so damaged that we could not put it on the hot tub. We were told by the maintenance man that the new cover for the hot tub was ordered 10 days prior to our arrival. Therefore we were unable to use the hot tub because it was so dirty and nasty on the inside we didn't even want to try to turn it on! Black Bear lodging needs to update the amenities list for the cabin Black Bear. Black Bear cabin was very dusty, the carpet needed to be deep cleaned or replaced. You are charged a 90.00 dollar cleaning fee, which would be fine if they would take the 90.00$ and give it a good cleaning! While staying at Black Bear we killed many ants and 2 roaches. This cabin needs some updating and some TLC!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Craig C
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our family of 8 stayed at Always Dreaming and the following was wrong.....

-Knob on dryer broke on us
- The AC froze up twice
- the bedroom on main with jacuzzi the hand towel hanger broke and the tub drains very slow
- the small bathroom by the kitchen and upstairs bathroom toilets were messed up

But with all that said we still LOVED our stay here!!!!
Would stay again!!!! God Bless You!!!

• Stayed June 2013