“Will be back again!”

Smoky Mountain Lodging
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family and I stayed in Heart to Heart. This was our second time to stay in the cabin, first for our children (5 & 6). As always, the staff is very friendly and you feel like you've known them forever. Cabin was clean. It is on well water I believe, but it did not smell like sulfur at all. When we got there this time, the tv was not on right channel and Direct TV would not work. We left a note for maintenance and they fixed it for us, gave written detailed instructions and even had it on for us, when we got back! We will hopefully be enjoying this cabin for many years to come!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank L B

Reviewed May 30, 2013

A very bad check-in process. had to go out to office in Wears Valley to pick up key and then back to Gatlinburg to cabin. Cabin code was wrong and after 2 hours of trying to contact owners, we had to get a hotel (midnight). This was no easy task on a Holiday Weekend. This basically ruined any plans for the next day since I had to contact Black Bear Lodge for a solution. They were willing to refund my money, but this left me no place to stay. I was at the mercey of the stupidity of a bad service. After some time, they agreed to give me a night back for my trouble and a late check out. We drove from Charleston just to spend 1 full day in the mountains. The cabin was very was big, but no view. Lots of bugs inside the unit as well and a very old matress. hot tub was nice and location was nice, but driveway had a huge pot hole that will ruin sombody's day sometime soon. Too many other companies with a better support crew. I would not waste my time/money here. The bigger companies have a slightly higher price, but much better service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tomcatrulesJax
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in " A Honey Spot" 2 bedroom cabin. The view is great with rocking chairs and a picnic table on teh covered deck overlooking Mount LeConte. It offers easy access to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This cabin is not worth the money you pay! the bed is hard as a rock no rest at all for vacation went home more tried then we was when we went on vacaction,the couch smelt really bad like dirty sinky feet,the recliner was broke,the cabin was dirty,carpet was very dirty if you took your socks off and walked around your feet would get as black as coffee,we had to go buy cups to have something to drink out of,the ice maker didn't work so no ice.We stayed in another cabin a year ago with blackbear and had to fix the chairs before we could set on them. The office staff blew our mines,we went in to get show tickets and the lady was bare footed her hair was all over her head and her child was running wild couldn't hardly hear what the lady was saying,because the child was so loud, don't get me wrong i love children. WE WILL NOT RENT FROM BLACKBEAR AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Gena65
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was a getaway for just my husband and I and we had a great time. Had a rocky start when we couldn't get in the cabin right away but we called to the office and told us the trick to get in and it was exactly as it looked online. There was a very nice heart shaped Jacuzzi tub which we didn't use, it was much more fun soaking the in the Jacuzzi out on the porch and looking up at the sky. The drive into town was very short, so it wasn't a problem getting to Pigeon forge attractions as well as driving up into the Smokey Mtn NF for hiking. The cabin is in the mountains so there is "nature" we saw spiders,other bugs, squirrels, and raccoons. I would say Bring bug repellant, we were getting eaten up at night time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dawn2281
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This place is a complete dump! We drive up picturing the cabin on the website, maybe 20 years ago, looks like the wood is rotting away. We can't get in because black bear have us the wrong code while we are on hold trying to get in we are dive bombed by bumble bees. As we look around the cabin most of the decorations are falling of he wall crocked or from Christmas.... This is April. Every shutter on the main floor is broke. Floor in the upstairs suit leading out onto the private balcony is caving in cabinet doors in this bathroom are missing, main floor suit is beautiful but there's no shower just a jacuzzi with only one jet working and after climbing in that night had nasty sour water sprayed out at us, the hot tub gazebo on the deck is falling apart the hot tub itself is broken and filthy downstairs rooms are so cold you feel like you're in a tundra and you HAVE TO PAY for the air hockey! Really after I just dropped a few thousand to stay in this crap heap!!!! Every morning we got to deal with wasps in the main living area anywhere from 10-15. And every time we left the cabin we were bombed by bumble bees. Little stuff broke every where coffee pot took an hour every morning the fridge smelled sooo bad of fish we had to use a cooler. Although we didn't run out of hot water only one person could run something at a time or there was no water pressure. Please please please save your money and go somewhere else. Yes we complained only thing that got fixed was the hot tub this was after 3 days.

• Stayed: April 2013
11  Thank r3265
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I were planning our "anniversary get-away" celebrating 33 years together. We wanted it to be special. We booked a cabin and in less than 24 hours discovered that some friends of our had stayed there - and they shared that the water had a severe sulfur odor... so I wrote Black Bear Lodging to inquire whether the problem had been fixed. They replied that it had... so we felt comfortable that this place would be a good one for us. Well... They Lied. It was worse than I even thought it could be. Imagine ... showering ... washing your face ... brushing your teeth with an aroma of sulfur... Never again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple