“Relaxing spa day”

Princeton, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Relaxing spa day”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The website says two locations, so be sure to get directions. We actually were at Bear Cove. The building was a newer built cabin with multiple levels. Parking was limited. My mother and I were immediately greeted upon entering by friendly smiling faces. After we checked in we were asked to go into the lounge to fill out a one page questionnaire that asked basic information and medical conditions which are discussed to ensure your safety. Within a few minutes we were escorted to our massage rooms. We each had a private restroom to change in. The massage tables are very comfortable and heated. The Swedish massage was so relaxing. After our massages we went back into the lounge where we were given ice water in goblets to drink. We then went downstairs for our pedicures. There was a projection screen television for us to watch. One employee did both of our pedicures which does take longer than if we each had someone. Be sure to ask about that if you are on a schedule. It was a wonderful experience and my mother and I will go back every time we visit the area

Visited June 2013
1 Thank lmarlowe69

Fredonia, Kentucky
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Such a warm , inviting place to go foe a massage or other service. We were greeted and went to our appointment very timely. The cabin is so relaxing in decor and the massage rooms are awesome. Most warm friendly people who go out of their way to make sure you have the best experience. A must go place on every visit now.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Nancy C
Dayton, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Never even made it”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Booked on line for two apple cider pedicures. The website is odd, so after I booked I called. Glad I did because our reservations ended up being at two different locations. The day before our appointment a lady called and said that the apple cider was seasonal and so we agreed to change to a peppermint. It should be taken off the site if it is not available. She then asked if we could change our appointment to 1:00 instead of 10:00 because she did not want to be at the salon all day. We initially agreed, after looking at our itinerary and letting the "I don't want to be at the salon all day" sink in, I called back and left a message saying that 1:00 would not work for us and we would like to cancel. I received no phone call back, just a cancellation email. At no point was there ever an apology. With that kind of attitude and customer service, I am glad we didn't go. Be prepared to change your schedule to theirs, if the time you chose is in convent for their personal life.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank SquishyChicken
Sanibel Island, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Trust Me No Awesome 4 Star - We will Go Back!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I do not trust reviews any longer here, its a coin toss and glad I didn't go by the ones here!

After stumbling across some negative reviews here, I was a little leary of the level of service that I would be getting… BUT I was greatly impressed with the staff at the spa. Everyone was very warm and friendly. We were greeted by a member as soon as we stepped in the door and promptly escorted into the couples suite. I found the cabin to be very clean and inviting.

Our two massage therapists came in before and consulted with us then left the room as we prepared. When they re-entered they were very professional and offered very relaxing swedish technique. My therapist really worked out some tension in my neck and shoulders. After the massage my partner and I enjoyed the tray of cheese and fruits. Everything was great and everyone was so nice and welcoming.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank SusieS1963
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very pleased”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

First of all, I would like to say that my friend and I were immediately greeted when we walked in. We found the staff there to be very pleasant. We also found the cabin to be absolutely charming, and so appropriate for a spa in the mountains. We were there for facials. She was taken in one room and I in the other. My aesthetician instructed me to go in the bathroom, undress, and then climb under the covers onto a very comfortable table with a heating pad. My aesthetician was very concerned that I was comfortable and warm enough. Our facials were very relaxing, which is exactly what we wanted. When we were checking out, I mentioned to the lady at the desk that I read some very negative comments and that I was glad that they did not keep me from going to this spa. She also mentioned that they were under new management. Overall, we were pleased with our services.

1 Thank Kbay17