“Great trip to Tennessee”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Cedar Lodge Condominiums
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was my first time going to Tennessee, my friend from Tennessee wanted me to go to the UT-Georgia game with her and see the area! We packed our days with seeing the Smoky Mountains and local sights. It was such a pleasure to have such a comfortable, "homey" place to return to, somewhere to rejuvenate for the next days adventures. I have not stayed in such a beautiful place - lots of room, fire place, deck looking out on to the river, the little amenities that mean so much like nice cooking equipment, wine classes - that made the whole experience with my friends a cherished lifetime memory! I definitely want to return soon!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
JoyMaples, General Manager at Cedar Lodge Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

WOW! Thank you for such a great review but more importantly, I am so pleased you had a great time on Tennessee and the Smokies! We are truly blessed to live in such a beautiful area and we truly want everyone to "Vacation Easy" & have a stress free vacation. If you have any comments on how we could improve in any area, please email me at info@cedarlodgecondos.com

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I just spent 4 nights and can't wait to go back. Coming from Nebraska I have never stayed in such a wonderful place. With a deck overlooking the river a fireplace in the living room. I couldn't believe how nice our 3 bedroom 3 bathroom condo was. Already planning a trip back for next year

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Friends4everLN

I am thrilled to hear you had a great time in the Smokies and at Cedar Lodge! Our location does make things easier while you are here. You have access to almost everything without sitting in traffic on the main parkway. One side has the pretty mountain views and your balcony has the spacious deck with the sound of our peaceful stream below you.

We truly do love to help make great memories, I think that is what makes this NOT feel like work. We meet great people and make great friends. We hope to see you next visit.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We tried this place after locating it on the internet about 4 years ago and after our first stay we quickly determined we would not stay any where else each time we returned to Pigeon Forge. There are 4 in my family and my parents come with us, so we reserve a 3 bedroom condo which has 3 full baths along with the living room and kitchen. Having a washer/dryer in the unit is priceless not to mention the tranquil sound and view of the river out back. Definitely a nice place to get away and relax especially since it's a street over from the main drag but yet close enough to get where you want quickly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kathy2448

THANK YOU! We love our return friends!
We think about ways to show our appreciation all of the time to all of you. We are very firm believers in taking care of the people who continue to show their loyalty to our properties.

Cedar Lodge is lucky with its location. We have the Parkway, the Mountains & the River..what is not to love?

Again, we continue to thank you and hope we always make vacation easy for you.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Before you book one of these condos, be aware that even with an extreme emergency, they will not refund your first night's deposit. We have four senior ladies traveling and one has a emergency situation and we have to cancel our trip. Cedar Lodge will not refund our $173 for the first night's deposit. I've called two times and been told there are no exceptions. This money will not make or break Cedar Lodge, but it could make a lot of difference in our lives.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sandra D
JoyMaples, General Manager at Cedar Lodge Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Good Morning,

I am surprised by your review, as it is not accurate. I would like to explain why we have the cancellation rules that we do. We are not a hotel, we are a property management company that is made up of condos owned by separate individuals. So, that is why our cancellation policy is not like a hotel.It is standard for all property management companies in all destination markets. It is the same I have to follow when my family goes on vacation each year, if I wish to rent a condo, cabin or beach house. With all this said, you agreed to this at time of your reservation and had no issue then.

When you reserve your unit, that unit is taken out of inventory at that moment and it is not allowed to be available for anyone else during the dates that you reserve. And once you pay that deposit, we honor your reservation by not allowing anyone else to have your unit, it is yours. You have from the day you book up until 14 days to cancel that reservation and not lose your entire deposit (1st night rental and tax). The reason we have no cancellation inside 14 days is because it is very hard to re rent inside 14 days for a high ticket property, as we are not a hotel.

Now, when you called on July 23 (just a few days from arrival) you stated that you had decided that one person in the party had a conflict with dates, but not an emergency. We asked if the rest of your party had issues and you stated no, you just did not want to spend the money.

Now, as we do not like anyone to lose their money, we did offer to give you a gift certificate for the FULL amount of your deposit for a future stay (which is not required but we truly are fair minded people) if we could get the unit re-rented and you responded with ,"No, you will do it my way or I will post about you all over the internet." We sincerely apologized to you, as we do care about all guests and owners. We even called you back a few moments later to make sure that was your decision and you were very clear in your response. We do record incoming phone calls for Quality Assurance reasons and we were disappointed by the threat, but just as we honor all reservations that our guests book, we expect guests to honor them as well. That is good business. We cannot buckle on policies, because people threaten to write misleading and false reviews.

I generally would never discuss details like this, but felt in light of your statements, I needed to give all facts concerning this instance. I am truly sorry that you are upset and I wish you many happy vacations in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife, I and another couple stayed her in March for my birthday. The room was nice and clean and the stay was mostly good. After leaving and arriving home my wife realized she had left her Ipod and dock station(JUST RECEIVED CHRISTMAS PRESENT) behind(our fault). When I called and asked if it had been turned in they immediately said no. I asked for them to check again and call me back. No call back. I called again and they stated it was not in the room or lost and found. I stated then somebody must have picked it up and did not return it. They stated all items left behind get turned in to the office. I then stated (in more exact terms) that somebody was very dishonest. I hope who ever is listening to it is ENJOYING IT!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Terry R

I am so sorry for this review, as this is not an ordinary accusation to our company. We do our best to locate and store and return all lost and found items that people misplace or forget to pack.

I will stand behind the integrity of our staff, as they are long time and valued employees and we have never had an issue like this. With lost and found, sometimes it is difficult to monitor because we have no way of knowing what guest bring with them.I can say I have seen laptops, iPhones, iPads, Kindles and all sorts of high end electronics left behind and all returned to the proper guest. We have also had many guests report left behind items and weeks and sometimes months later call and say that turned up after all.

So, I am truly sorry you had an issue several months ago and I absolutely offer you a sincere apology and hope you continue to visit the Smokies in the future. I can assure you that we do not employ dishonest people and we absolutely do not tolerate it under any conditions. I am truly sorry for this experience.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed at Cedar Lodge May 20 thru May 22. Originally planed to stay until May 23 but thunder storms hit Pigeon Forge and the heavy rain shorted out the elevator. Staff told us it would be out for two days. We had a unit on fourth floor and had a handicapped person in our party that can't climb stars. No units were available on first floor but they called Whispering Pines Condos that are owned by the same company and transferred us there. Excellent staff service for helping us. They even offered to carry our bags down. The only thing we didn't like with the unit we rented was the furniture was old and smelled, noticed when entering the door. Other than that, everything was clean. Can't blame them for the storms so overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank mitch6062
JoyMaples, General Manager at Cedar Lodge Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

I am so sorry that you had the experience of the elevator being down. We did have severe storms and there was nothing that we could have done to speed up the process of repairing the damage.

I am sorry you felt that way about our properties at Whispering Pines and we are looking into the furniture issue, this is the first we are hearing of it. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience that you had, but we did all we could to make sure you had accommodations and did not have to look elsewhere that would have made additional stress to take away anymore time from your vacation. Again, we apologize, as it is never our intent for people to leave unhappy.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We visited Cedar Lodge last year for our family vacation and all agreed this was the place to spend this year's as well. Our unit was large and very clean. Two bedrooms with King beds in each. Comfortable mattresses, large closets. A full kitchen, two bathrooms, a Jacuzzi in one. A six person dining table, large living room with two sofas (each unit is different). French doors open onto a balcony overlooking the Little Pigeon River. Plenty of parking. Located just a block off the Parkway and convenient to everything. Krispy Kreme is across the Parkway. You also receive a card for free movie rentals and some attractions.
Be sure to check in on time or have the office phone number to call for alternate check in procedure.

Room Tip: The higher the unit, the quieter, less street noise and parking garage noise, you get. The lower the...