“Great food, EXCELLENT service”
Review of Alamo Steakhouse

Alamo Steakhouse
Ranked #28 of 188 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We had a late lunch, early supper at this restaurant. The food was delicious, however, my steak was a little overdone. But I am not a big complainer and it still tasted good. When our waiter came over to check on us, he asked about my steak. I hardly had the words out of my mouth when he said, "oh my, that is overdone". He took it back to the kitchen. Immediately returned to ask if he could give me some complimentary soup or shrimp or another potato while I waited. I thanked him and said no, that I was fine. The steak came out shortly, delivered by the manager, I presume, and he waited until I took a bite. It was wonderful. We were so impressed by this service. Next time we are in Pigeon Forge, we will definitely go there. I believe the waiter's name was Jeremy. He was a super waiter. And the creamed spinach was awesome.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,950)

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I always visit here when we are in town. Great food and service every time ! And we will be back!

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to try this place, it was well after lunch but before dinner around 4 pm. No one was really paying attention when we cane in and when they finally did notice us we were seated . The waiters kept changing and no really knew who was suppose to have our table... Finally it ended up with an older guy who kept telling us he didn't really have our table either. Then the food arrived , I had salad or should I say I had only the core of the lettuce salad . It was a frustrating and terrible experience and I got the impression no one really cared so we quietly ate as much had we could of the yucky food and left . Very expensive and very snobby service if you get service at all. We won't be gojng back and God bless all of you who do try this place. Maybe it is better during peak business hours .

1  Thank Alabamasissy
Kelly J, Owner at Alamo Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

I am so sorry to read about this experience. We pride ourselves on delicious food and great service, so I am disappointed to read about the server confusion you experienced and your salad being less than excellent. I fear you are right that the timing was part of the problem. 4pm is often a funny time, between lunch and dinner, and I expect that had something to do it. But no excuses, we should have done better. Thanks for the feedback. We will use it to make us better.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We have found the ALAMO to be the best place so far for steak when we visit. Both locations have been excellent. The service is great. The meals are so good and they are plentiful. We always have doggie bags. So you get your moneys worth. We highly recommend the Alamo if you are looking for a good steak meal.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We always plan for a visit to Alamo when we're in PF! Best prime rib in the area. Always great service and kid friendly!