“Expensive and Bland”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
St. Augustine, Florida
“Expensive and Bland”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My daughter & I ordered the only hamburger on the menu to share & it was more than we could eat. Huge but not real flavorful. It was a bit too expensive for me.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Not a good visit at all”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

we arrived at 5:45 and there was a 20 minute wait. many many sweats were available but they were clearly understaffed. when we were seated server took our drink order and food order, and 15 minutes later we still had no drinks. when the server walked by he asked if we needed any thing and said do you need refills and we replied yes we do and if you can bring the drinks too because we never received any. He then stated your food will be right out. server came by the table again and said your food will be right out, I then said are we going to get our salads and he stated they will be right out. after receiving the salad our dinner followed 3 minutes later. what a joke. Everything we ordered was pre-prepaired. I ordered pork chops 1 warm and moist , the other cold and dry. soggy fries, wife and daughter had terri chicken , not even grilled it was like it was boiled with sauce dumped on it, with cold pineapple rings. mac and cheese was soup and we were informed it was dumped out of the bag to soon. real quality for a high end restaurant. Do not order the blue berry cheese cake. its a science project. the blueberry topping was so old and hard its popped off the cheese cake when forked.

Kelly J, Owner at Alamo Steakhouse, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
I am very sorry to read about your visit to the Alamo. I am not sure what happened with your pork chops and teriyaki chicken, but I can ASSURE You that nothing is precooked. Everything is cooked fresh to order. Clearly something fell apart with your service and I want to apologize for that. We strive for excellent food and service and we missed the mark with you. Thanks for the feedback.
Louisville, Kentucky
“Outstanding food”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The wedge salad is the best salad that I have ever had - anywhere. The combination of blue cheese and Catalina dressings really make it. My wife and I come here at least once during our visits to the Smoky Mountains.

The steaks are great and very well cooked. We have never had one that is less than prefect.

This experience was just as good.

On this trip we found out that the same owners also have three other restaurants. We enjoyed the Mama's Farmhouse and Bennett's Pit Barbecue. The Big Daddy's Pizza was not that good.

• Visited October 2013
“Great food! Services was 20 thumbs-ups ”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I'm local and work right next to the Johnson restaurants I send people to them all the time for the great food and service.

My grandfather and me went in there for dinner. The host "with the most " was great very funny and eye candy too ladies! The rolls were delicious! The dinner salad was huge! Omg the salad was enough for my dinner. The steak was GREAT! I called the cook to come over cause it was so good. Our service was great she was on top of everything even in her busy mode we never ask for a refill! 20 thumbs up!!

I work for a hotel and will be sending all my guest here for dinner!

Tampa
“Lunch was very good for the price”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My brother and our wives went for lunch on November 3, 2013. We had a 15% off coupon. The food was average and the service very good and the price was right. We went back later on in our visit to Pigeon Forge for dinner. The steak was very good as was the service. The lettuce wedge salad was outstanding.