“Sleaze”

Mountain Melodies Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 8 Pigeon Forge B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Don't need to stay here. My mom and me was just looking for a place to stay for 1 night. Huge mistake staying here. We had to go to the Walmart and get cleaning supplies for the room and clean it ourselves. Mom only had 1 pillow to sleep on, because the other was caked in hair. It was disgusting. We will never be returning to that place ever again. It was a sleaze up one side, down the other, and all the way back around.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nicole F
There are newer reviews for Mountain Melodies Inn & Suites

Reviewed September 2, 2013

When you walk in, they have signs all over NO REFUND!! We booked over the phone, and now I see why they have these signs. I explained to the front desk that my son can NOT have a room that has been smoked in. As soon as we opened the door, that's ALL you smelled. It was SO strong. We didn't even turn on the lights. We turned around and brought all our luggage back down stairs. Finally got another room. The toilet had the most disgusting ring in it. The blankets had HUGE burn holes in them. NOTHING smelled clean or fresh. The carpet looked and felt disgusting. They have NO shampoo, conditioner, etc for you to use. The blowdryer could only be turned on for 2-3 min at a time and it would overheat. The fridge didn't work. When we plugged it in, it smelled HOT!! The balcony door does not lock. We stayed on the 4th Floor. The ONLY ice machines they have on the 3rd and 1st floor. But the 3rd floor was broken. And then the elevator broke. So to get ice you had to go up and down 4 flights of stairs. We booked for 2 nights and almost just left and paid for another place. The free "breakfast" consists of toast, muffins, cereal (non-sugar of course) and some oatmeal packets. My boys wanted to swim so bad; but I said NO way. The pool was gross and the hot tub is a TINY hole in the concrete. I don't even think personal hot tubs for your house come that small. Needless to say, we will NEVER stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelley M
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My daughter and I came through here on our way back home to Florida. We seen this place and decided to give it a try----big mistake. I found out that this place is way over priced for what we got. Everything about this place needs to be updated. There where bugs in the jacuzzi, the sink counter was falling, the fridge did not work, the balcony door didn't lock (not a big deal but my daughter was scared), the bed was so hard i should have just slept on the floor, and the carpet was nasty. Then I went to use the restroom and the toilet was clogged and not from us. I called the front desk to ask for help. I was told to come get a plunger as the desk clerk was busy and she was by herself. I asked if we could just move to another room and was told no there were no more rooms. The clerk had just told me when I checked in that she had plenty of rooms....? I wish I would have read the other reviews before I stayed here....

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 10, 2013

When I called to book the room the desk lady was so nice and helpful. When we got there I noticed the lobby was a little old and drabby. I noticed the walls in the hallways looked scuffed up and just dirty. Then we went to our room, it had an odor to it and it was run down. I didn't want to take my shoes off in the room. I walked around in my flip flops. We paid $117 for this room for 1 night. The next night we went to a different hotel and it was sooo much nicer and it was CHEAPER. Could not believe it. Also, I was a little taken back when I seen one of the desk ladies going down the hall barefooted with a spray bottle in her hand to, I assume, go clean something up. It was just a little strange to me. We booked this last minute, so if you have the time to look I would say keep looking....wowzers...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank K R
Reviewed June 30, 2013

this was my second time staying here,and this was the first time i had issues sleeping on the hard bed,but was very clean,and peaceful.i love the balcony.its nothing fancy,but it was fine for $69....when its gets over $100 its way to much!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jerry M
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We thought we would take a chance on staying at a property where we had never stayed before. I looked at the room package and it had everything that we wanted even though the price was high, i decided to take a chance. Well the first mistake was not booking the hotel from tripadvisor. The room wasn't clean. Carpet was dirty, jacuzzi tub was dirty, remote control didn't work, the fire alarm mount was on the wall but the fire alarm was missing. The room was nothing like the picture and was missing some of the things that the room was supposed to have. When we questioned the staff about it we were told that those things were in another room package even though it was clearly spelled out on our travel documents. The elevator was possessed and opened and closed when it wanted to. The two or three times we were at the front desk there were other guest there with similar complaints. Even at check out, i couldn't get the agent at the desk to print me out a zero balance receipt of our stay because two of the staff members couldn't work the computer. If I had read the reviews here I would have never booked this property. Lesson learned!

Room Tip: Always check out the reviews here @ tripadvisor and you will never go wrong!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chozen1woo
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband & I recently stayed here for a weekend getaway, big mistake! Our first rooms lights didn't work. We decided to upgrade to a jacquzzi suite, thinking surely it would be nicer.. Wrong again! The jacquzzi had a spider & the previous persons hair still in it, it hadn't been cleaned. Our tv only worked half the time we were there, beds were hard, hardley any light in the room..you could barley see, hallways smelt awful. Overall, it was a bad experience. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2013