“Excellent Fun!”

Flyaway Indoor Skydiving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Flyaway is a vertical wind tunnel where you can test your skills in the sport of bodyflight. After a quick class, one of our instructors will help you leave the ground and learn how to fly! This may be your once in a lifetime "bucket list" experience or you can purchase packages of flight time and learn to fly like a pro. Flyaway can accomodate all ages and experience levels.
Reviewed July 19, 2008

After passing by this business for years in Pigeon Forge, my family decided to give it a try this year.

We had no idea just how fun it was going to be!

After checking in at the desk (note that there are some weight restrictions), participants are given a lesson to inform them about what to expect, rules, hand signals, etc. Then you are suited up and led into the wind tunnel.

Flights are 3 minutes long each. Other packages are available including one for 15 minutes that our family divided up equally. A DVD of our flight was included in this package.

The wind tunnel is very warm. The instructors (we went twice, two different teachers) were patient. I was impressed with how well they delt with my kids.

There is an observation area to watch your friends and family fly if you aren't participating.

We will be talking about this for years. It is definitely on our do again list next time we come through Pigeon Forge.

5  Thank typicalfamily

Reviewed May 29, 2008

This was something we definitely wanted to try when we were researching things to do in Pigeon Forge, and we're so glad we did. You attend a little class that teaches you everything you need to know before you suit up and then go "skydiving." I wish I could remember our instructor's name, but he had a long red beard and talked REALLY fast. We liked him a lot. Be warned, the air they blow on you in the wind tunnel is very warm. You will be sweating by the time you're done. It was worth every penny, and if there was anything in Pigeon Forge that I would do again it is go to Flyaway. If you do well enough they will take you up about 20 feet or so in the tunnel so that you really feel like you're flying. I may just try the real thing now...

5  Thank ArkansasSpence