“Not worth the $$”

Ranked #67 of 188 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My family of 5 came for breakfast on an off season Saturday morning. Our orders were pancakes w/ bacon & choc milk, Chopped Ham Scramble (comes with pancakes) & 2 milks, Bacon Egg & Cheese sandwich (came with chips and a pickle) & milk, 2 Baby Bear meals (1 pancakes, 1 egg, 1 bacon) & milk & a juice). Our ticket was $50. It wasn't worth $50. Pancakes were tough and lacked flavor. The eggs were decent, but nothing to brag about for what they were.

I can say that the staff was very friendly and helpful. The place was clean.

We won't be back.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have been counting calories and watching my food intake for almost 5 years now. So when I make the decision to eat pancakes, I really am sacrificing some work for indulgence. Well I was disappointed here! My eggs were cooked perfectly however.....so all was not a loss!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We always come here when we are in town! Always a great meal! My husband gets the meal with the country fried steak and gravy and I always get something different. Staff is great and food is always delivered very quickly! Never had a complaint!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Unfortunately, don't think we'll be returning here. We had complimentary coupons from staying at a nearby hotel. We've eaten here before, but this time I think was the last time. Upon arrival, the lady didn't even get us all the way in the door before asking how many was in our party. She ran off and left us trying to catch up with her figuring out where she was leading us. She really had no personality. My husband had the 3 pancake plate, my daughter had oatmeal and toast, and I chose the biscuits and gravy. It should've been obvious to me when it only took 5 minutes after ordering to get our food. The waitress brought milk to put in my daughter's oatmeal. Good thing. The oatmeal was so thick, I had to keep adding milk to get it thin enough not to choke on. My husband's pancakes looked like pure flour and water, nothing else. It was horrible. He at 1/2 of one and said it felt like he had concrete in the pit of his stomach. The biscuits were not homemade and the gravy was from a packet with no taste. My daughter's sweet tea was the best thing out of the meal :( So sad!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We thought a pancake breakfast would be simple and quick before we were out and about for the day! Were we ever wrong!! There were a few small groups waiting ahead of us so didn't think we would have any problems with a long wait. Our group consisted of 4 adults and a 5 year old. We only had to wait 15-20 minutes to be seated; however, it was approx 15 minutes before our drink orders were taken and another 10-15 minutes before our order was taken. Other tables around us were empty except a few and those customers were having to wait for their bills and then the waitress would have to take their payment. Each time she returned for something at a table she would then disappear for a while. We asked a couple of times about our meal when we would see her and still had not received an answer after waiting ALMOST AN HOUR for our food. We watched as someone served food to a table by us and then proceeded to wipe his nose with his hands on the way back to the kitchen. One of the waitresses was carrying multiple drinks and carrying the cups against her clothing on the way to the table. Due to not having received any of our food by this time, seeing the above mentioned things going on around us and our waitress still not returning to our table, (we ordered pancakes, eggs and grits) we notified the hostess we were leaving due to other people being served before us that were seated WELL AFTER us and she looked shocked by what was going on. Then they seemed interested in trying to see what happened to our order. At that point, we had seen enough and wasted enough of our day, we went a few doors down to Cracker Barrel and were seated immediately and were able to be served and eat a decent meal within 30 minutes. We would not recommend the Smoky Mountain Pancake Restaurant to anyone.

3  Thank R T