Tripadvisor
Pigeon Forge

“Outstanding Pizza and Environment”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #22 of 189 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers was founded in 1974 in Atlanta, Georgia.For 41 years, Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers has been serving up fresh, stone-baked pizzas to order in an eclectic, art-filled, and family-friendly environment. Our menu showcases natural flavors and the freshest of ingredients in a creative menu assortment of pizzas, hoagies, salads, calzones, appetizers and vegetarian and vegan options. Gluten free crust and a kids menu are also available. Mellow Mushroom is more than just awesome pizza and craft beer; it is a state of mind.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I understand that Mellow Mushroom has existed as a business for many years. However, having lived west of the Mississippi for most of my life, I had never heard of the place. We visited it for the first time recently after spending a day at Dollywood. Mellow Mushroom provides a very vibrant, inviting, and fun environment. We were a party of 12. They had a booth large enough for all of us. The service was excellent. Most importantly, the pizza was outstanding. It is the best pizza that I have ever eaten, including at places in Chicago. The crust is special and is delicious. We enjoyed it so much that I searched for one at home and found one in Nashville and Franklin, TN. We have been to those about once per week since our first visit in Pigeon Forge. I highly recommend this place.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (3,800)

Reviewed January 15, 2020

My kids ate here when they came for a conference this past weekend. I personally have never eaten at any mellow mushroom. Long story short...my 12 year old left here glasses and we live in Indiana!! She was extremely upset and I didn't want to have to buy another pair. She needs them for reading far away otherwise her eyesight is good. These dang glasses were expensive. We tracked them down to this restaurant. I gave a shot calling them, talked with the kitchen manager, Esteban Rodarte. He went as far as taking pictures of the glasses so I could check and see if they are hers. Then he said he would drop them in the mail for me and told me not to worry about paying for the postage. This fella went above and beyond what I expected. Extremely pleasant and kind. We will be heading back down there in a couple of months with my parents. I plan to eat at this place and see if he is there so my daughter can thank him personally!!My kids ate here when they came for a conference this past weekend. I personally have never eaten at any mellow mushroom. Long story short...my 12 year old left here glasses and we live in Indiana!! She was extremely upset and I didn't want to have to buy another pair. She needs them for reading far away otherwise her eyesight is good. These dang glasses were expensive. We tracked them down to this restaurant. I gave a shot calling them, talked with the kitchen manager, Esteban Rodarte. He went as far as taking pictures of the glasses so I could check and see if they are hers. Then he said he would drop them in the mail for me and told me not to worry about paying for the postage. This fella went above and beyond what I expected. Extremely pleasant and kind. We will be heading back down there in a couple of months with my parents. I plan to eat at this place and see if he is there so my daughter can thank him personally!! My kids ate here when they came for a conference this past weekend. I personally have never eaten at any mellow mushroom. Long story short...my 12 year old left here glasses and we live in Indiana!! She was extremely upset and I didn't want to have to buy another pair. She needs them for reading far away otherwise her eyesight is good. These dang glasses were expensive. We tracked them down to this restaurant. I gave a shot calling them, talked with the kitchen manager, Esteban Rodarte. He went as far as taking pictures of the glasses so I could check and see if they are hers. Then he said he would drop them in the mail for me. This fella went above and beyond what I expected. Extremely pleasant and kind. We will be heading back down there in a couple of months with my parents. I plan to eat at this place and see if he is there so my daughter can thank him personally!!

Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

We ate here upon arriving at the island. The grandkids like the pizza and the wings. It was a bit pricey but goods. Kids enjoyed it.

Reviewed January 8, 2020

I went here while on vacation after a late night show. This was the only place opened until 11pm to get some real food. Because I was solo, I sat at the bar to eat. Ashley was my waitress. She was super friendly and checked on me the entire night to ensure I had everything I needed. Ashley even provided some friendly conversation with me and the other customers at the bar. The customer service was very good. I would have given that a 5 star. I ordered a build your own pizza. It was good. I just didn't like the chicken that was on it. I would have preferred that it would have been more grilled being that it was on a pizza. It tasted more like rotisserie chicken. However, I can't say that it tasted bad. Because I had gotten here late, they were cleaning up, preparing for closing by the time I was in the middle of my meal. Not one time did Ashley or any other staff person rush me out the door. They were very patient and did not appear anxious at all. So because of the excellent customer service, I would definitely eat here again considering I travel to Pigeon Forge a lot throughout the year. I would order something different than the chicken on my pizza.

Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch and it was awesome! I had the buffalo chicken thin crust with a beer. It was so good.