“Pricey but worth it”

Dolly Parton's Stampede Dinner Attraction
More attraction details
Owner description: Join Dolly Parton's Stampede Dinner Attraction in Pigeon Forge, TN for a family feast and fantastic show fun for all ages. Filled with friendly North and South competition, thrilling horse riding stunts, spectacular special effects, phenomenal musical productions plus a mouth-watering four-course feast complete with a delicious dessert!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our group was aged 25, 23, and 67. While the show was a bit cheesy it was very entertaining. The pre-show was excellent as well. As many have said don't purchase any drinks or popcorn before the show. You will have plenty to eat and drink with the show. The food was good esp the soup, chicken and biscuit. We did not mind eating with our hands (mostly food you eat with your hands anyway). At the end they bring out a warm damp cloth for clean up and wet naps are available at the table. Also be prepared to tip the waitress on top of the cost of admission. You are a bit cramped in the seating though.

Write a ReviewReviews (9,742)
All reviews
in 142 reviews
"audience participation"
in 236 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was a little aprehensive on what the show would be about and it was absolutely fantastic from beginning to end. Fast pace and a lot of variety. My quick-to-bore 6 year old was mesmerized the entire time. I won't give the show away and just say that all of the animals are very well trained, all of the performers are on spot and the food had flavor. I don't regret a single penny of the fee paid, well worth it.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Dolly guarantees it and sure is she right! We went to the 6:00 show on July 17 as part of my birthday week celebration/vacation in Tennessee. We got there at 4:30 to relax and watch the pre-show before entering the main theatre.

They take your photo when you first arrive with your group and show it to you when you are seated in the main theatre before the show starts. We bought it because it came out great and we wanted a souvenir from the experience!

The guys playing at the pre-show were really funny and full of energy! My favorite part was when one of them played the banjo behind his back and started spinning for a long time while doing it and then made a funny joke/comment when he said, "I bet you're thinking man, that must have been tiring for that fat boy! And you're right, it was!" I laughed so hard I think my drink came out my nostrils from my Dolly Boot Mug! Haha!

The main show was even better! All the tricks they do with the horses are simply ENTERTAINING! The show overall was fun, funny and audience participation is key, which was nice. I was surprised when the menu was on the napkin and you ate with your hands! There's no silverware here folks! Don't worry if your a germaphobe like me, they do have sanitizing wipes for you.

Dixie Stampede truly has great talent that work in the show and the servers were great and friendly! The food was pretty darn good! I must admit! My favorite was the whole chicken and dessert, very yummy! But you are mostly paying for the show which is a spectacle and truly worth the experience!

The friendly competition and rivalry was fun. We were on the south side and we WON! We were happy about that haha.

The ending gave me chills and seeing Dolly on the big screen speaking to you and singing is the perfect ending to a great show! She is just awesome! It made me proud to be an American! Great job Dolly!!!

1  Thank Christopher M
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I first felt that $55 (after tax) per adult for lunch was too expensive but am now so glad we went! SO much food that we had leftovers for dinner later! The show was VERY entertaining with professional riders, acrobatics, lights and music. Best part: the pre-show in the saloon!! Come early to hear this very talented three piece band! I highly recommend!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I knew and had read about this show before going. However, my reality was that it was much better and exciting than I expected. The trick riding and horsemanship demonstrated were amazing. The speed at which the horses perform puts the show over the top. We sat in the front row which was awesome as it seemed we were in the show at time. The animals and performers would come right up to our seats and it was really fun. I would go again as the performers work extra hard to make each show fresh and excellent. Diner of chicken was certainly filling but my only complaint was it was impossible to clap for the show while stuffing my face with the excellent meal!!