“Nicest in the area!”

RiverStone Resort & Spa
Reviewed December 31, 2008

I have seen this place passing by on my previous trips to Pigeon Forge and decided to give it a try. I booked a 1 bedroom overlooking the river for New Years eve weekend. Check-in was very quick and the clerk was very friendly and helpful. The room is top of the line. They did not skimp on ANY of the furnishings, hardwood floors, 42in LCD TV hung above the beautiful stone fireplace with several HD channels. Fully stocked kitchen, very nice bathroom with an awesome shower. Two shower heads and massaging spray makes for a relaxing shower. The bedroom is very nice with a king bed, another LCD TV and a sitting chair. Good size balcony overlooking the river and Dixie Stampede. Rates were very comparable with hotels in the area and I know from experiences they are no where near this nice. If you are looking for a first class stay in the middle of Pigeon Forge give Riverstone a try, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2008

Very upscale accomadations, brand new property. Overall enjoyed staying here very much with only a couple of complaints. The layout of the 1 bedroom is so that you can hear your neighbors door close all night, not good if you have a sleeping baby. The "heated" lazy river was so cold I can't imagine getting into it. The indoor pool was too cold also. There was no jacuzzi tub in the one bedroom, also not a big deal unless you have a two year old who is scared of the shower, and the shower's water pressure was so bad that I never felt like I had taken a shower. Keep in mind that this is a condo and there is no daily housekeepng service. When we checked in the lady seemed kind of rude and stuck up, she looked at me like I had 2 heads when I said I would be paying with cash... then at check out, the girl had about twenty earrings in her head and probably as many tattoos.

BUT despite the few complaints, it is a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2008

This is seriousl the best place ive ever stayed. The ammenities were excellent. It was really close to everything i might ever want to do there in Pigeon Forge(like shopping, family attractions, Put-Put golf, Golf, go-kart places, arcades, there is to much to even put all of it here). The indoor pool is definately one of the best and the lazy river is absolutely amazing. The lazy River is excelently landscaped with beautiful trees, shrubs, and flowers. I actually know the landscaper and he is excellent. I can not stress what a good time i had my first stay there. My family and I loved it so much, that we go three times a year to stay. It is absolutly beautiful in winter.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I found RiverStone Resort by accident after looking on the web for a place to stay in Gatlinburg. It was a last minute reservation and several other places were booked. Seems like there is always something going on up there that jacks the prices up even on average hotels and that was the case that weekend. The pictures and reviews on this property were impressive so I called to make a reservation. The reservationist was especially friendly. Since it was within a week of my stay, there were no cancellations, but he explained that once you reserve a room at Riverstone - even if you can't stay your reservation can be rebooked for any time in the future. We drove to Pigeon Forge early and arrived at 10am. I called ahead to see if we could drop our bags off. Because our condo was ready, they went ahead and checked us in no extra charge. First impression was WOW. I've never stayed in a suite this nice. Actually they are not suites, they are full size condos. Ours had two bedrooms and two baths. Whirlpool tub and a beautifully tiled shower. Granite counter tops, designer furniture, flat screen TV's. Oh - and the beds were sooooo comfortable. There were down comforters and pillows. There was a full size deck with a beautiful view of the golf course.

This was truly a wonderfully relaxing place to return to from each day's activities. Instead of an outdoor pool there is a great lazy river. The kids love that. Indoor pool and whirpool. The game room is smallish but nice with a few arcade games and billiards / airhockey. The grounds are beautifully kept and they maintain a nature path down by the pigeon river. This really was a great accomodation. Super nice front desk people. Rates on this place are very competitive and you will not get a nicer place for the money in Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg. We paid 229 on fri / sat and 179 on sun night. Keep in mind that this is not a hotel. It is a condo. Each property is owned by an individual and rented out by the management to you. I made sure to respect the furniture and appliances because I felt like a guest in someones beautiful vacation home.

A few of the owners offer their condo's on VRBO.COM. One I saw was 179 a night for a three bedroom. That would be an absolute steal if you had enough people.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank csblinky
Reviewed September 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Riverstone Resort for a 2 night getaway on 9/5-9/7/08. We stayed in a 1bed King condo. We loved it! We stayed river front in the new building. The entrance was great. The decor and furniture was top of the line- all modern and new! The bed was plush and had great sheets! The flat screen tv's where nice. I really loved the kitchen but only used the microwave and fridge! We esspecially loved the walk in tile shower which had full body showers! We will definitely stay there again and probably from now on! The price per night is very reasonable too! Oh and it has a washer and dyer too!

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank JessicaLewis24202
Reviewed August 18, 2008

we are a group of 4 couples who are from the U.K. and i booked this on the strength of their website and pictures. what a brilliant place. the rooms were fantastic-we had room 241 with 4 king beds and all en-suite. the whole condo was top of the range, only drawback was we came last in the room lottery and got last pick of the rooms. never mind , our room was fabulous. we had a walk in closet which we used as a changing and dressing room-it was that big.balcony was looking out onto the 7th fairway of the golf course and we had our morning coffee and sundowners out there. reference the moron who complained about the height of the breakfast stools in a previous review-duh!!!
location was excellent and ideal-Texas Roadhouse was superb for meals within walking distance plus we could get beer and wine. please note that pigeon forge is as dry as the mohave at night and i aint talking rainfall!!! we had a bathroom problem on the second last night but we had 3 others to use but they still gave us $50.00 back. recommended place.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2008

My family just returned from a stay at the Riverstone Resort in Pigeon Forge. In a word this place is Awesome! This is quite honestly the best place we have ever stayed at on vacation. We rented a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom condo and it was so spacious. The decor was unbelievable and top of the line. The grounds were meticulously maintained and everyone we came into contact there was extremely friendly. The lobby is phenomenal. They have a spa there and everyone in our party had spa treatments and they were out of this world. I highly recommend the Eminence Facial. The beds were the most comfortable beds we have ever slept on. The balcony we had overlooked the river and you could have fit 50 people on it. It comes with a table and chairs and additional seating and a ceiling fan. The bathrooms are to die for! A 2 to 3 person shower with numerous shower heads hitting you from all angles. Flat screen tvs in the living room and all bedrooms. Kitchen has stainless steel appliances. There is a front loading modern washer/dryer as well. There is also a gas log fireplace in the living room if you visit during the colder months. They have a lazy river ride that is very nice complete with waterfalls you can float underneath. Huge sunning deck. Our side window in our dining room faced the lazy river. We stayed in condo 466 and I highly recommend this condo. They have an indoor pool and hot tub, exercise facilities, game room and playground for the younger kids. Location is ideal. You are right behind the Dixie Stampede but there's a river that separates you from that. You are one block back from the strip in Pigeon Forge and a block over from the Old Mill Restaurant/Shopping Area. Couldn't ask for a better location. For you golfers you are right on a beautiful golf course. We are already planning our next visit there and will stay here every time we are in the area. We are even seriously thinking about purchasing a condo there, although they are quite expensive. If you have any questions about this place, feel free to email me.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family