RiverStone Resort & Spa
Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$109
Best Western Plaza Inn(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$85
$80
BestWestern.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$109
Ramada Pigeon Forge North(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$59
Creekstone Inn(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge Riverside(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$59
Country Cascades Waterpark Resort(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Clarion Inn Dollywood Area(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$65
$55
Hotels.com
The Inn On The River(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$104
$95
Travelocity
$199
$179
Travelocity
All reviewsbedroom condolazy riverindoor poolriver stonegolf course viewfull kitchenthree bedroomwasher and dryergranite countertopscleaning feescreened in porchfitness centerbeautiful propertydollywood fireworksdixie stampedeopen hoursriver view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The condo was absolutely stunning! The kitchen was gorgeous! The condo was spacious, comfortable and homey. The master suite had a closet larger than my bathroom at home. And the master bathroom was amazing! Just wish I had time to soak in the whirlpool tub. We'll be going back very soon!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Cecilia615
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Cecilia615,

Thank you very much for staying with RiverStone Resort and Spa! I am so happy you had such a wonderful experience here at the resort. I hope next time you will definitely get a chance to soak in the jacuzzi tub and maybe visit our full-service day spa. We look forward to seeing you soon! Thank you!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We were looking for a pet friendly place to stay during our visit to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area of Tennessee The RiverStone Resort had very good ratings so we decided to try it. The cost per night was equal to most 4 or 5 star hotels, and the $25 per day pet fee was a little high, but acceptable. The rooms were good size and even came with a gas fireplace. We enjoyed having a full kitchen so we didn't have to eat every meal out. Our one bedroom unit came with a spa type of shower that was pretty good, but I wouldn't buy one for home. The bed was very comfortable and the entire unit was spotless. The only disappointing part was the couch and chair which are commercial grade and not overly comfortable. There is no daily cleaning, but you can have certain things done for an extra charge. The $40 cleaning charge was also a bit much, but as clean as the room was, it is worth it. They have covered parking and two pools if you go there during the summer, along with a game room for kids.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 429 which overlooks the parking lot and one of the two pools. Its a one bedroom unit.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear TB149,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with RiverStone Resort and Spa! I am very happy you were able to take advantage of one of our pet-friendly units since we have so few. I hope you are able to come back when we have warmer weather to float in our lazy river or have a picninc by the river. Thank you and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed on our anniversary and we just loved it! So clean! So convenient! Quiet! Beautiful! The condo we stayed in was a 2 bedroom. It was so spacious. Didn't feel cramped at all. Beautiful view of the golf course. Master bathroom was huge!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank datdrumma
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Datdrumma,

Thank you for choosing to stay with RiverStone Resort and Spa for your anniversary! We are so happy to hear you had a wonderful time. We hope to see you soon! Thank you!

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here overnight on our way through the area. We were passing through and wanted to see a couple of local attractions the following morning.

The accommodations were clean (not spotless, but nearly), roomy (we had a suite with bathroom, bedroom, kitchen/living room), and comfortable (fireplace in the living room).

We did not take advantage of any hotel amenities (such as 24hr pool, spa service, etc) and the lazy river was closed for the season. However, it was a comfortable place with a good view and easy access to Pigeon Forge attractions.

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Younginitiative

Dear Younginitiative,

Thank you for choosing to stay with RiverStone Resort and Spa! I hope on your next trip you are able to stay longer to hopefully take advantage of the resort amenties you mentioned! Thanks again!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

First of all, as I see it, Riverstone Resort and Spa is not a “resort” or a “spa.” In my opinion this place is no more than timeshare-type condos for rent with a few darkened, and noisy, rooms available were masseuses and manicurists offer their overpriced services. Nonetheless, the two-bedroom condo unit (#461 … “riverside,” which means: overlooking the creek of a river, but also the unattractive and obnoxious view of the parking lot of the Stampede Restaurant, as well other touristy eye-sores) that we stayed in was spacious, and at first glance it appeared to be clean and with well-kept furnishings. As well the condo was decorated nicely for the Christmas holiday, which pleased my wife. However, as one looks closely, one may well see that the cleanliness is only surface clean, e.g., stained furniture and carpets. As well we found that some of the amenities were inoperable, such as the washing machine and the dishwasher. But then, at bedtime, we also discovered that the water heater (located in a small, and locked, storage closet located on the balcony, AND, just outside the master bedroom) made an awful noise, which made sleep impossible. I called to notify the office of the water heater noise, of which the person at the front desk seemed sympathetic and was quick to respond by notifying maintenance – which I was glad to know that someone from maintenance was actually available at such an hour. However, the maintenance person went to the vacant condo unit next door rather than our condo. And he was about to leave when I addressed him on the front balcony to inquire if he had fixed the problem (which he had not, in that the noise was still present). The man from maintenance then came into our unit so I could actually have him hear the noise in the master bedroom. Upon further inspection (which I had to insist that he go out onto the balcony and open the closet door), the maintenance man finally located from where the noise problem stemmed: the water heater “mixing valve.” Even so, the solution was to turn off the electrical power to the water heater mixing valve, of which, concerned me that we would have no hot water in the morning (even though it was then well after midnight). The maintenance man stated that “oh, it [the water] will still be warm.” Of which I countered, “yeah, but there are four of us staying here in the condo that will want to take a shower in the morning.” The maintenance man then replied that, “that’s all I can do.” Nonetheless, the noise problem was solved for the moment, so for the time being I let go the issue. The next day I addressed the noisy water heater issue with the front desk (Anita?), and so once again a maintenance person was sent to the vacant condo unit next door (what the …). So again I had the maintenance person come into the condo in which we were staying in order to hear the noise emanating from the water heater. This maintenance man also stated that “there is nothing I can do about it … not now. I’ll have to let my manager know; but I have too much ...” Incredible as this was, the maintenance man assured me that leaving the power off to the mixing valve would not hamper the availability of hot water, to which, he was correct (I’m still unsure, then, the purpose of the noisy “mixing valve”). I never again heard from the front desk regarding this issue, nor the inconveniences brought about (perhaps then one might presume this show as a complete indifference to the matter, as did I). Now, to get back to the condo itself, and matters of noisy and inconvenience, it seems to me that rest and relaxation would be paramount at a “resort and spa.” Alas, this was not to be in condo #461 during our stay at Riverstone. As I described briefly above, the “riverside” view was more parking lots and rooftops than was river. And emanating from such was the typical clamor of parking lots and highway traffic.
Which included the daily early morning (as early as 5:30am) arrival of the “trash truck dumpster driver from hell” banging away “heavy metal thunder” with the dumpsters located behind the myriad businesses about the strip at Pigeon Forge – relaxation, or sleep, was not to be had. Now having described some of the more unsavory points to our stay at Riverstone Resort and Spa, let me now offer the finest unsavory point. Upon departing from the “resort,” I noticed that the daily amounts we were charged for condo differed from that which I had been quoted, and agreed to, online. However, when I addressed this issue with Anita at the front desk she stated that I “will have to present to April [the assistant General Manager] my copy of my confirmation with the price quotes.” And of course this would be no problem, had I ever been presented with an online, itemized confirmation. The email conformation that I received was not itemized, but instead stated only the total amount, which, by the way, also included taxes and fees of which had not been itemized. And so since I have never been in possession of a confirmation notice with actual agreed on quotes, I cannot hardly provide a copy to management, of which I strongly believe they knew this already. By the way, the difference in daily room prices amounted to about $50, plus whatever the taxes and fees related to this amount (another lesson paid for in the school of life). And so, in my opinion, it appears that Riverstone, and/or some of its employees, operate in a very deceitful manner. So this review, which, of course, is my opinions based on my perceptions of experiences, and presented to offer words of caution to others looking for accommodations in and around Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, but particularly Riverstone Resort and Spa.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank sammy n
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

To say that we are disappointed in how your stay was with us would be an understatement, and we truly apologize that it did not live up to your expectations. As you know, all resorts and spas are unique, and, while many rate ours as one of the best they’ve every stayed at, we can understand how the problems you experienced made your overall experience less than expected. We have addressed each point of your review with our department heads and they with their respective team members in hopes of using this as a well-taught lesson in what we must not let happen again if we are to continue being regarded by most as one of the best places to stay in the Smokies. As for your visit, we would personally like to try to earn your business again. To discuss your stay further, please contact me directly. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.