“Maintenance needs help”

RiverStone Resort & Spa
Ortonville, MI
“Maintenance needs help”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The condo was cleaned well and all the amenities were great (washers & dryers in the condo). However, the living room furniture was absolutely filthy and tore up. We would not sit on the furniture until we put a sheet on it. The tub was not installed correctly and the shower water just sat on top of the tub area. Which is not good if you owned a unit below. The water has to go some where. The water had the tile floor in the bathroom buckling. The price was not worth what we got. For $220 per night I would expect clean furniture.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 267.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cispro
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear cispro,

Thank you for your recent stay at RiverStone Resort and Spa.

As soon as the current guests check-out of that unit I will definitely get maintenance to look at the bathtub. I will also add this unit to my list to get the carpet and couch steam cleaned. I do apologize we were unable to get this done ahead of time for you as we have had no complaints about either issue from previous guests.Once again, I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for making us aware to check these items carefully. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The apartment was a really good size, however the rug was old and stained, the tv was very old and made a funny noise, the tap in the bathroom was loose, the door on the laundry area was hanging off the hinges...I could go on!. The resort on a whole is nice and the lazy river was lovely but it needs renovation and updating. I was a bit disappointed. I usually stay at Laurel Crest and I think I'll be going back to Laurel Crest next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear gemz1989,

Thank you for staying with RiverStone Resort and Spa!

I am sorry to hear we did not exceed your expectations. RiverStone Resort and Spa is 7 years old and we just got done painting the units and are in the process of ordering new chairs as well for them. Most units have flat screen tv's and if not they do match the style of tv's on the Laurel Crest website. I would love to hear from you about what unit you stayed in and check on the issues you stated above. Please email agm@riverstoneresort.com or you can call me directly at #865-286-1910. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
ohio
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We spent ten nights at this hotel so I can honestly say I got a good feel for how things work around there. We come for the classic car shows. To start with checkin, the man was rude to us when he found out that we had a large vehicle and seemed annoyed that someone that was here for a "car show" would choose to stay at his luxurious spa resort. Guess what buddy! People that are here for the car show are pulling up in vehicles that cost more than your house, so please do not act like we are the scum of the earth. Also to the man at checkin, I would suggest explaining to first time guests how the trash and room cleanings work. You take out your own trash, and they do not clean your room unless you pay a fee. You also have to call the front desk anytime you need towels. It does not happen automatically. Someone staying for a long length of time is probably going to need to know that stuff.....
The room was decent. Dated rugs, carpet, and furniture. I personally
Killed a total of three spiders and one stink bug in our room. The Internet never worked the entire time even after we called and they sent Maintenance to try and fix it. Do not plan on running the washer or dryer before you go to bed, it WILL keep you up with a constant loud beeping. Don't plan on getting a Cart to carry your stuff out when you checkout if its a popular checkout day. I Checked every floor in our building for a cart. Also don't expect the staff to help locate one for you.

The only positive thing about my stay was the spa. I had a wonderful massage. Good Job spa! At least they got one thing right!

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank bbroog
Dear bbroog,
Thank you for your recent stay at RiverStone Resort and Spa!

I wanted to personally thank you for sending such valuable feedback about your recent stay. It is because of guests like yourself we can continually grow, learn, and exceed guests expectations for how we can improve our service and/or product.

I have addressed your comments with the front desk represntatives and have given them more traning and coaching. We have not been able to replicate the washer and dryer or the internet problem. We have found with Apple products such as iphones and ipads the device does need to be powered down and restarted and then works fine as well as sometimes due to the devices firewall it can block the resorts connection. I do apologize you were unable to find a luggage cart right away but am extremely please our staff located one for you and brought it to your door.

Please call me at #865-908-0660 if you would like to discuss any of the issues you have listed.
Have a wonderful day! Thank you.
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Family and even couple friendly. Have stayed as part of family vacay then for romantic getaway. Has nice indoor swimming pool and outdoor lazy river. Adequate kitchens. Nice sized suites with updated contemporary style. Service at front desk was fast and easy. Offers a great military discount.

• Stayed October 2012
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Sweetsinshiny,

Thank you very much for returning to RiverStone Resort and Spa! I am glad you had a great stay this time around as well. Please look into joining The RiverStone Signature Loyalty Rewards Program, it is an added bonus for our repeat guests so you can enjoy extra benefits for staying with us for example; early check-ins, late check-outs, towel exchanges, and free housekeeping to name a few. Have a wonderful day! Thank you again for staying with RiverStone!
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Riverstone Resort is a great place to stay. It is very close to Dollywood and also not far from the Smokies and Gatlinburg. Out room was peaceful though near the small lazy river. We had a deck that faced the Little Pigeon River, which made mornings and evenings quite nice. The lazy river is probably for younger children, but we still enjoyed it. More informative and a bit more courteous front desk staff would have been nice. However, that is the only negative. The showers were large and the kitchens were roomy. This all made for a great trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear jlsixtyeight,

Thank you for choosing to stay with RiverStone Resort and Spa! I am very happy to hear you had a relaxing stay with us and enjoyed the private covered balcony over looking Little Pigeon River. I will definitely remind our front desk staff about the importance of exceeding guest expectations and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. We hope to see you very soon! Thank you again!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Best place to stay in the Smokies. Fantastic location, you don't get better than this. The parking can be tight. Beautiful furniture, view and luxury. It's expensive but worth it. My only complaint was the hot tub was cold.

Room Tip: We stayed in the middle, very peaceful
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Heatherelsea,

Thank you for staying with RiverStone Resort and Spa! I am so happy you had such an enjoyable time with us. I apologize the hot tub was not at the proper temperature and I have had maintenance check on it and it is currently at 102 degrees. Thank you again for staying with RiverStone and we hope to see you on your next visit!
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This property is run perfectly. It's always a great stay. We are very picky when it comes to cleanliness and this property and the condos are immaculate! The kids love the play ground, pools, lazy river and video games. It's by far one of the best places we have stayed in the area! An added bonus after you stay you can get discounts on return visits.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Nrainey,

Thank you very much for staying with RiverStone Resort and Spa! I am so happy to hear you and your family had a wonderful stay and enjoyed so much of the resort amenities. The RiverStone Signature Loyalty Rewards Program is an added bonus for our repeat guests to enjoy extra benefits for staying with us for example; early check-ins, late check-outs, towel exchanges, and free housekeeping to name a few. Thank you again!!