“Great stay!!!”

RiverStone Resort & Spa
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Our three bedroom condo was beautiful and super clean. Well equip kitchen for cooking. The staff around the resort was professional and helpful. We would recommend this resort highly!! Our family had a great time and thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed: May 2013
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Checkpilot767,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at RiverStone Resort & Spa. We appreciate the recommendation! I have shared your feedback with our team, we are very happy to hear that your family had a wonderful time; we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I have been to Riverstone resort a number of times. Years ago with children (teens) and more recently just the two of us. We're never disappointed. The staff is friendly and attentive, Spa services are world class, amenities are top notch. Such a convenient location, but secluded enough to relax! We'll be back! We've rented through the Resort or through VRBO. Expect the typical children's noises coming from the lazy river and the pool is always full of family and children, so just a head's up! Have fun and enjoy! MV Gastonia, NC

Room Tip: One of the top floors, facing the golf course if you want quiet. Any floor facing parking lot, lazy...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear MartineV77,
I love hearing from repeat guests! It really shows me that our team is doing our jobs to provide exceptional service to keep you coming back! RiverStone is great for both families as well as couples with our secluded location and spa services as well as the lazy river and 24 hour indoor pool. Thank you so much for being a loyal visitor; we definitely appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. See you again soon!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was expecting a decent place but this hotel was over the top. The room was clean, spa was great, and staff was friendly. We booked out trip on the river side thinking the river would be nice. It wasnt bad but you are staring at the main road and parking lot of businesses on the main road. I asked the front desk if we could move... they upgraded us (I wasnt complaining or asking for an upgrade) to a room on the other side. Beautiful place.

Room Tip: Stay on the golf side unless you want to stare at the main road.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eric t

Dear Eric t,
Wow! Thank you for sharing your experience and I love the expression that we are “over the top!” I agree, while the river view can be nice and relaxing, the golf course view is very serene and makes you feel like the property is secluded. I’m pleased to hear that our front desk was able to upgrade you to get you the view you wanted for your vacation experience. I will share your feedback with the entire staff, again, thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful review!

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here before and had a great time in a beautiful two bedroom condo. This time only 1 1/2 years later we stayed in a one bedroom condo and had to sleep one night without air condition because it broke and yes it was 80 degree weather! There was a large mildewed area over the tub and the furniture was warn and torn!!!! Don't bother telling management either they apparently don't care if you come back! And yes I even have an email to prove they don't care. Not even a discount for us being unable to sleep during the heat without the air conditioning!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank simplykelly22
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear simplykelly22,
Thank you for being a repeat guest of RiverStone Resort. I apologize that you had A/C issues during this visit, and I understand your frustration. I am glad that we were able to fix your air conditioning the next day and the remaining days of your stay your air conditioning did work. I understand that our Guest Services Manager was able to contact you to resolve your issues. Additionally, we have recently replaced and/or reupholstered all of the worn and torn chairs in the living rooms of condos, so I am confident that during your next stay you will find the furniture in much better and like new condition. Again, thank you for your feedback; we look forward to your next visit at RiverStone Resort!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We visited Riverstone Resort and Spa for one night May 19th/checked out on the 20th. We have been twice before. Once with our two kids, and once for our anniversary, alone. This time we took my parents + our two kids and we got a 2 bedroom condo.

We arrived at 1pm, and knew our condo would not be ready yet. However, they will let you swim before the condo is ready which is a great option if you have kids like I do ! We swam in the lazy river and our condo was ready at 2:30. (They have a nice changing room/bathroom in the indoor pool building).

I had never been in one of the 2 bedroom condos and I was very impressed by how much room there is! All my mom could say was "I'm never leaving!". It was plenty of room for our party of 6. The kids slept on the sleeper sofa bed. The kitchen and living area is huge. There are 2 bedrooms and two full baths (one bedroom is bigger than the other with a bigger bath). Each bedroom has a TV, also. The bigger bedroom had a walk in closet that was almost like another room. Ha. The back balcony was HUGE and overlooked the golf course. The screened in front porch was a really nice feature, as well. My parents LOVED everything. The bedrooms were far enough apart --- no noise whatsoever. We had plenty of room to feel like we had our own space.

The only minor issue we had was that the card reader at the pool building would not work correctly. I had issues with it not working, no matter which card I used. Guests were letting each other in and out frequently. Several guests said they were having the same issue. Even the maintenance man's card would not work.

Other than that, everything was perfect again! Everything was spotless and clean in the room and on the grounds. The beds are still my favorite hotel beds, ever...with fluffy down pillows and down comforters.Quiet and peaceful and beautiful property/flowers/creek/pools/etc.We can't wait to come back again.

This is a top notch place to stay. Go ahead and spoil yourself a little....you deserve it !

Room Tip: Building 3 is in the middle and is equal distance from the pool and lazy river. Building 4 is neares...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear 10ecMom,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with RiverStone Resort and Spa! I agree the 2 bedroom condos are extremely spacious with 1355 square feet and two full bathrooms, a family of six can easily have plenty of room to relax. With all our units we allow early check-in as long as the unit has been cleaned and inspected which I understand can be a huge convenience. I apologize the key card reader was working improperly however; I can assure we have not had any more issues and guests key cards are working correctly now.We look forward to seeing you on your next visit and thank you again for staying with RiverStone Resort and Spa!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed with the Holcombe family at their condo at RiverStone for my birthday and had a wonderful experience. The check in was quick, rooms were clean and the furnishings were top notch. I have absolutely no complaints in regards to my stay. I stayed in condo 299561

• Stayed: July 2012
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Summertime1950,
Thank you for your recent stay at RiverStone Resort & Spa. I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful birthday experience here. We appreciate your feedback, I will make sure to share your positive comments with the entire team. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here last April 26 to 28 in bldg 3 unit 311 as a treat by my siblings. There were 14 people in all- 12 adults and 2 children. The bedrooms were huge particularly the masters bedroom. The ensuite bathroom was spectacular - it has a jacuzzi and separate shower room. Toiletries and towels were also provided. There was also a working kitchen complete with microwave dishwasher, plates, cups, glasses, pots and pans, etc. it even has a laundry room so swimsuits can be rinsed and dried immediately.

Room Tip: Rooms in building 2 will be right across the swimming pool
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank pearlsandwine63

Dear pearlsandwine63,
Thank you for your review and recent visit to RiverStone Resort & Spa. Our 4 bedroom units are perfect for large families and I am glad to hear that you found your accommodations spacious enough for everyone to have their own space on vacation. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with potential future guests; we look forward to your next visit!