“Excellent property” 5 of 5 bubbles

RiverStone Resort & Spa
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Excellent property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is an excellent property right in the heart of the activitiy yet peaceful & quiet. I have to admit, we rented our unit from a private owner through vrbo but I had to comment on the beautiful property of this resort. Even though we rented from the owner we still had access to the public areas of the resort. The pool & hot tub are nice & it is a great bonus that the pool area is open 24 hrs. It was usually later in the evening when we got back from exploring & it was nice to soak in the hot tub & relax our tired muscles. We did have trouble with our key card & stopped at the front desk to get a new one. The 2 ladies that were there were very friendly. Also, anyone of the employees that we encountered throughout our stay were very nice. The lazy river was open & there were a couple of girls in it but it was a little too cold for our old bodies. Maybe next time when we haven't had such a cold spring. We did have a little trouble here & there with the wifi but not too bad. I can't comment on the inside condition of the units but the outside of the property was well maintained. This is a beautiful property & I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sondra F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were scheduled for 4-26 thru 4-28. We are back home after one night to salvage the rest of our anniversary (4-27). Unfortunately the pictures told a different story from reality which had me very upset. If you want scenic views with a quiet atmosphere, I suggest finding somewhere else. I was so disappointed we left to come home. It is more like an apartment complex in the middle of a tourist trap. The staff was nice, clean rooms (worn furniture) and comfy bed. It is far from a resort, bring your coffee, and expect traffic & noise.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ang9smith
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear ang9smith,

Thank you for your recent stay & review of RiverStone Resort & Spa. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff nice and your condo clean. It concerns me that we were not able to exceed your expectations and ensure you had a wonderful experience at RiverStone. I apologize that you were not able to relax during your anniversary. I would like to investigate your situation further, please contact me directly at 866-908-0660 so that we can resolve the issues you had during your stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

As a travel agent I travel a lot. Hadn't been to Pigeon Forge for years. Selected this property from online search and rave reviews on TA. There were four adults in our family so we each had our own master bed with private bath. I got the true master suite which included balcony overlooking beautiful golf course. My bathroom had a huge walk in tiled shower, jacuzzi tub and huge double vanity. The condo and grounds were spotless and so quiet. Exercise room very nice and clean. We were in building 2 which is directly across from activity building. Game room, pool with kiddie pool and hot tub, and upper level gym overlooking pool. All open 24 hours which was awesome. Our kitchen fully furnished, flat screen TV over electric fireplace. Only bad comments I have....terrible and torn furniture. This is a beautiful place. Get the living room furniture replaced please! All beds were super comfy. Bedroom furniture and closets very spacious. Plenty of outside or underground garage parking. If you want to feel safe and be close to everything then choose this resort!! You will not be disappointed!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TinaWVnurse
Dear TinaWVNurse,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at RiverStone Resort & Spa. I am very pleased to hear that you found your 4 bedroom unit spacious and spotless. Our goal is to provide luxury accommodations to all guests so they have a relaxing, memorable vacation experience. We are aware of the worn furniture and I am pleased to report that we are in the process of working with the owners of each condo to replace or reupholster furniture that is in bad condition. Again, thank you for your review; I will be sharing your comments with all of the management team and entire staff. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences guests have when they visit RiverStone Resort & Spa!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We found this property using Trip Advisor so I wanted to follow up with my review of it to share with other prospective guests. Our stay was great, the condo was a great alternative to the many motels nearby. Having a kitchen, separate bedroom, and laundry were so convenient. The pool was nice sized and the lazy river looks like it would be enjoyable (not open yet for the season during our stay). All hotel staff we encountered were helpful and friendly.

The condos were equipped with an impressive amount of kitchenware, there was dishwasher detergent, dishwashing liquid, and laundry detergent all provided for your stay - such a nice touch.

The spa was under construction so I cannot comment on that. The internet was a frustration because it was very slow our entire stay.

I have no complaints about our stay but I really feel like i should share a few things with potential guests that I wish I had known. None of them would have made me not stay here - I just would have walked in more informed.

I am a marketer, so I know all about pulling out the best attributes of what you're trying to sell. But photos showing the resort on a golf course might lead you to believe this was part of the property. It is not. You are looking at the muny course next door (which is great - we played it). Not all condos have that view. So just know the property is not rolling hills and green spaces. All buildings are situated on either side of a parking lot. The river runs along the other side of the property. There is a nice trail along it, but you cannot walk very far.The pool and game room and fitness center (which is nice sized) are in a separate building as noted by others. And there is not a restaurant or gift shop either. None of those things are needed at all - you are close to the main drag of Pigeon Forge with restaurants and a grocery story very near by. Just know that you have to leave the property for all your meals if you did not bring food with you.

Also a reminder of what others have noted - there is a cleaning fee and no daily maid service. Your towels will run out quickly if you stay more than two days. And remember that these condos are invidually owned so you can never guarantee which unit you will be in based on owners' requests.

Room Tip: Building 1 is right next to a main road that can get backed up. The units are light however. Buildin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank joCChicago
Dear joCChicago,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at RiverStone Resort & Spa. We are glad to hear that you had a great stay and that all staff you encountered was friendly and helpful. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of every guest to ensure that you have a wonderful and memorable vacation experience. We are aware that the wireless internet can be slow, and I am happy to report that we do have plans to upgrade the system in the coming months. Although the golf course is not part of the resort, over half of our condos have a balcony that overlooks the golf course. Guests can specifically request a golf course view when booking their reservations, and we strive to honor all requests if possible. I will be sharing your feedback with the entire team, thank you again for your review!
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Had a very pleasant stay over the Easter holiday in one of the three bedroom units. Facilities were well maintained, the staff was great, the rooms we clean and modern. It is conveiniant to all the local attractions in Pigeon Forge, the Smokies and only a short drive to Gatlinburg. Would recommend to anyone. Remember these are condo's not a hotel, so no continental breakfasts or daily room service. Indoor pool was really nice (it was a little cool during our stay).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank FreqTraveler1086
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear FreqTraveler1086,
Thank you for your recent stay and review of RiverStone Resort & Spa. I am very happy to hear that you had a very pleasant stay and found our staff great and rooms clean and modern. Our location right off of the parkway is ideal for getting around both Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, and the fact that we are nestled between the golf course and Little Pigeon River is a relaxing bonus! I hope you will return and visit us when it is warmer outside so you can enjoy our refreshing lazy river!
De Pere, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed here April, 2013, and really enjoyed it. The room is huge, modern, had everything we needed. Also a nice game room and pool area, beautiful trail along the river. Great place to stay with kids.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank paular358
Dear paular358,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at RiverStone Resort & Spa when you visited us this month. We pride ourselves on providing clean, modern accommodations and exceeding the expectations of all guests is our top priority. Thank you for choosing RiverStone when you visited Pigeon Forge this spring, I sincerely hope that we have the pleasure of serving you again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a 3 bedroom condo in building 4, VERY clean! Great location for Dollywood! Very friendly at front desk, the pool was great, lazy river closed except for May-September. Would give 5 stars, however family room chairs in unit were very worn on the arms, need new ones, and wifi was very hard to pick up...however, maintenance came right over and brought a router to our unit, and that did the trick. Units are very very quiet. looks like the spa is being added to, will try that next time, it was closed due to construction this time around. We WILL go back here!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Coltsfamily
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Coltsfamily,
Thank you for your recent review & stay at RiverStone Resort & Spa. I am pleased to hear that you found your accommodations very clean and our staff friendly. We are aware of the condition of some of the chairs in the condos, and I am pleased to let you know that we are in the process of reupholstering and in some cases replacing the chairs that have worn arms. I am confident that when you return for your next visit all of the chairs that have worn arms will either be reupholstered or replaced. Additionally, we do have plans to upgrade our wireless system in the coming months so that should be fixed soon as well. We would love to have you as our guest again, and look forward to your next visit!