“Look no further!”

RiverStone Resort & Spa
Troy, Michigan
“Look no further!”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This is the place to stay! We found Riverstone Resort Condos after searching online for a cabin and finding the smaller ones already booked. We loved this place! Very accomodating staff. The pool is open nearly 24 hours. The lazy river is relaxing and fun. The location is within a short walk (about 15 minutes) to the 50 cent trolley. We used the trolley to get to Splash Country and Dollywood. Also, we did the Dixie Stampede dinner show which is less than a 10 minute walk from Riverstone. The condo was beautiful, peaceful, overlooked the golf course, had a front porch and a balcony. I found it to be marginally more than a decent hotel and offered so much more. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course view, additional toiletries are free at the front desk as maid service is an a...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed August 23, 2011

This resort was excellent. We stayed in a 3 room condo in the 3rd building, and it was beautiful!!! We had a patio hat overlooked the golf course, the room had very nice furnishings as well. My favorite part was the lazy river and the pool, which was open til 2 AM. I didn't want to leave! If I ever get the chance I will definitely be back!!

Murfreesboro, TN
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This is probably the 4th time we've stayed at RiverStone. I have to start with WOW!! We love staying here when we visit because we know that at the end of each day we will be coming home to a beautiful well maintained home. We rented off of VRBO last time and that wasn't as pleasant because you get no support from the onsite staff. This time around check in / out were a breeze and we had one small issue in the bath that was taken care of immediately while we were away at Dollywood.

The condo itself is plush and roomy. Big comfy couches, thick mattresses, flat screen TV's, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. The living room and master bedroom share a covered porch overlooking beautiful manicured greens of the local golf course. The resort is situated right in the edge of Pigeon Forge near the parkway going up to Gatlinburg. Walking distance to both the Dixie Stampede and Krispy Kreme - two of our favorite night time activities!!

We paid around 400 for two nights including taxes and cleaning. For us we always need two hotel rooms when we travel so this is a great deal.

Finally - you can rent these condos on VRBO.com or directly through the resort. My advice? Go through the resort. If you rent off of VRBO.com and you have trouble with your condo - help is not close. Last time we did this we got there at 10pm and the room wouldn't open. The onsite staff will not help you if you do not go through them for the unit.

So - bottom line - rent through the resort and you'll have a wonderful experience.

1 Thank csblinky
Grove City, Ohio
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We have a large, blended family (6 total), and it is often hard to find good-sized accommodations for our family vacations. My wife is excellent at finding good deals and filling this need. RiverStone could not have been better.

She found the 3-bedroom condo overlooking the golf course through a timeshare web site. The condo owner was exceptional to work with via email. When we arrived, my first thought was the room was the poshest place we have ever stayed on vacation. Good sized living space, flat-screen TV in living room, gas fireplace, HUGE balcony, kitchen with high-end appliances, tile floors in bathrooms/showers. It was awesome. To make matters even better, when we arrived there was confusion over the cleaning service, so our linens and beds had not been changed and the room had not been detailed. One call to the owner, and she refunded us 2-nights of our 3-night stay. So we ended up with 3 nights for the price of 1. Excellent.

The location was very close to the main parkway of Pigeon Forge so you could walk to breakfast or lunch. You were better served driving if you wanted to hit the go-karts or other amusements.

The lazy river was nice and chairs were plentiful. The view of the Little Pigeon Forge River were scenic, and the view from my balcony was the perfect way to chill out with a drink before heading to dinner. The fitness room was roomy and the equipment was in good shape. Since this isn't a beach condo (a la Myrtle or what have you), most of the clientele was families or older. No hardbodies pumping iron, so the fitness center was not crowded at all.

Probably my one complaint was that the pool was the typical indoor pool. I didn't swim, but my kids did. It's nice to be outside in the sunshine, but I can understand having it so that swimming can occur year-round.

The drive into Gatlinburg took only minutes.

This was my 2nd trip to the Smokies in about 20 years. First time, stayed in downtown Gatlinburg. It's not be vacation destination of choice, but we wanted to squeeze in a quick vacation between the kid's sports schedules and the start of school.

RiverStone made it well worth the 6 hour drive. If I were to return, I'd stay there again.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New Orleans
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My family and I stayed with you guys from August 1-8, 2011 and were very pleased when we arrived. My kids and I were amazed by the size of the 2 bedroom condo and we all really enjoyed having our own space. At the end of our long days being tourists, my children always ended theirs by going to the lazy river which was perfectly located right outside our kitchen window. My husband and I enjoyed ourselves and a cocktail as well by relaxing on the deck overlooking the lazy river and keeping an eye on them. It was also a prefect location for everything we did. We will definitely stay with you again if our travels take us back to your area.

1 Thank SLZeringue
Coconut Creek, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Resort has potential, way to much traffic horrible location, condo kitchen not equipped well, no daily housekeeping service.

Room Tip: spend your money on a cabin instead
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank krissi s
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Riverstone Resort is a fairly new property with very nice accommodations and decor and sits on the Little Pigeon River about one mile from Dollywood and on the main parkway of Pigeon Forge, a tourist attraction area similar to the old International Drive in Orlando, Florida. Phone reservations went smoothly and agents provided all the information I needed. Also, prior to my arrival, all my email questions were promptly answered. When I arrived, however, I was disappointed by the lack of professional service at the front desk. Two youthful clerks were at the desk and a man was standing in front of me, looking politely impatient. We both stood waiting for one of the clerks to look up and say, "Thank you for waiting, I'll be with you in a moment," but neither did and we waited. As my week-long interactions with the staff went by, it became clear that the youthful members needs better training, which could be provided by example from the competent assistant manager on staff (Misty). Traveling with three teenagers, we stayed in a 3-bedroom condo. Although well-appointed, the kitchen was poorly stocked and with dollar-store type utensils. There was damage to the room, which I documented with the management immediately, because the resort charges for any damages to the units. My parents stayed in a 1-bedroon condo, also well-appointed but with a poorly-chosen 4-foot high kitchen table with chairs they couldn't climb into and which took up the small living space and blocked the view of the attractive kitchen. Although minor, the hangers in the closet were on plastic tabs that kept breaking, something you'd see in a less tasteful hotel. No coffee or cream/sugar is provided in the unit, but coffee is available 24 hours in the lobby. The pool is nice but I had to call the desk to restock the towels, which they did promptly. There is a game room but the kids have to pay to use the machines. I did not use the spa because of the overall impression I had. It is important for travelers to know that there is NO housekeeping at Riverstone (except for a charge) and a cleaning charge is added to the final balance. Also, Pigeon Forge is a dry town, alcohol is served only in the restaurants. The nearest package store is about 10 minutes away in Gatlinburg where one can buy wine, etc. We had a nice comfortable week at Riverstone. Its location near the entrance to the Smoky Mountains National Park is ideal, and its proximity to all the Pigeon Forge attractions is great for families with small children. Gatlinburg seems to be a better choice for adults. The overall feeling we all had was that Riverstone has the potential to be a great resort (nice architecture, clean accommodations, and sitting on a flowing river less than ten minutes from the entrance to Park and near plenty of eateries), but it needs more sophisticated training for its staff, it needs to ensure that its unit-owners are properly stocking and appropriately decorating the units, and it should include housekeeping in its high rates or lower the rental price of the units. I would recommend this condominium for those who wish to stay in Pigeon Forge, have a home away from home, and be near all the tourist attractions, but one could also stay in Gatlinburg and rent a cabin with a view for the same price.

1 Thank boyntonbeach