“WIFI a joke”

Econo Lodge Riverside
Ranked #18 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed September 17, 2008

I liked the motel, it was nice, well run and friendly staff. Our rooms were excellent and comfortable except for the pool noise. It was outrageous for two seniors. The room had everything one could want and it all worked perfectly( EXCEPT) for the free WIFI. My room was 25 ft from the lobby where the WIFI equipment was located and I could not get even a hint of a signal at any time of the day or night. I needed to use the computer for business, but could not get online even at 4:30 A.M.. I called the lobby and complained and they had no answers, except bring your computer to the lobby and we are sure you can get online. I did this, only they did not have any wall receptacles to plug my power unit into. Can you believe they have no power receptacles in the lobby. She just said I am sorry and that was that for the week. They are grossly misrepresenting their WIFI availability. This is not unusual for tourist traps to advertise things they can't deliver, but in this day and age, computer access is a must. I will not return for just this one reason.

• Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank Buckeye736
Write a ReviewReviews (1,332)

Reviewed July 6, 2008

Very clean, convenient, friendly, and reasonably priced. We were very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2008

Nice hotel in good location. Clean. We were in a king suite and have two small children. Asked for a cot for one child and they don't have any. Had to stay up really late or get up really early to do any washing. Had only two washer and dryers and one set was broke down the whole time we were there. Pool is too small for the size of the hotel. We never had an oppurtunity to swim as the pool was always full. If at all possible i recommend not letting housekeeping come in to clean. My little girls teddy bear was left in the bed and when we got back that evening it was gone. We spent 4 nites there and the teddy bear went missing the first day. It never showed back up. We reported it but the people at the front desk didn't show any concern. I asked housekeeping people myself and they acted like they couldn't speak English. We filed a missing report the day we checked out and still have not heard a thing. I know it was just a teddy bear but it was very sentimental to my little girl.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank formytwingirls
Reviewed June 15, 2008

i read other reviews about it and i thought it sounded great. indoor pool , hot tub, all rooms with fridge and and kitchenet with microwave.that was awsome to have snacks an cold drinks in room.just behind you can acually fish and feed ducks in a classic tennesse river . its right on the strip and feet away from resturants and the christmas shop. you can go just a walk down and do putt putt ,gocarts, movies. very convenent location. the only negitive thing i could say was i was exspecting more for breakfast. it was fruit an cereal ,juice an milk . but i thought it sounded like it was more.i think for the price ,and i did compare, it was the best deal i found....i tried to book threw hotels.com n it was cheeper going right to the site.if i ever go back thats were ill stay

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank tenaciousc123
Reviewed June 4, 2008

Our family of five stayed in two rooms for five days. The hotel was clean, comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the beds nice. The breakfast has bagels, muffins, cereals, fruit and juices with tea and coffee. The breakfast was always busy, but very well maintained by the kitchen staff. The only downside to the stay was the indoor pool is nice, but an outside pool also would have been fun. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Tripandtravel21
Reviewed May 22, 2008

Well I guess if you stay at a property too many times you are bound to have a bad experience and this one is ours. We travel to Pigeon Forge several times a year because my parents live there. We have stayed at the Econo Lodge Riverside for the past 2 1/2 years or so. We always have had a King size non smoking on the 3rd floor facing the river. No problems. Over this past weekend we were in the area again and decided to stay at another hotel which was GREAT! We decided to stay an extra night and could not stay where we staying so we decided to check into the ELRS. We opted for a non smoking king with a jacuzzi. To say the least I was very disappointed in the whole deal. I was told there were no jacuzzi rooms on the river, so we had to be pool side. The pool was an indoor pool so all of the sounds echoed inside the building until well after midnight. The jacuzzi jets on the tub did not work correctly as only about half of them worked at all. The carpet looked old and needed replacing badly. The bed mattress was just awful and the air conditioner would not stay on. I tried to call the front desk several times and never could get an answer. When we checked out the next day I tried to tell the girl at the desk about all of the problems, she said "Well those things sometime happen in the hotel business - have a good day" Basically end of story - goodbye! Well needless to say I was pretty mad and just want to say I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN! The hotel is going to pot and no one seems to care. take my advise - spend alittle more money and stay somewhere that is worth it.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank realtor64
Reviewed April 12, 2008

We paid only $42.00 a night and it was worth double the price. Nice, clean, excellent indoor pool/kiddie pool/hot tub. A little noisey on the street side, but bearable. We would stay again!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family