“Excellent Place to stay!!”

Econo Lodge Riverside
Ranked #19 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great staff!! Very helpful when my dad became ill during our stay! WE had to check out early because my dad was ill - NO problem ;) Breakfast was great!!
Very reasonalbe rates for October! Super location - On trolly route.

Room Tip: Rooms that don't face the parkway are quieter! I think those rooms are called "courtyard&q...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear goldwinggirl701,

Thank you so much for your great review. We love hearing how our staff goes above and beyond to make certain our guest have a stellar experience with us! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for three nights during a group tour to Pigeon Forge. The property was in a great location and was very comfortable. We were one of 3 groups with tour buses which made it sometimes difficult to navigate the parking lot. There was also construction going on adjacent to their parking lot. The 3 groups at breakfast was challenging but they did a good job. Overall the price was great too.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear marilynbBrookhaven,

We are very pleased to hear that your group chose to stay with us during your trip to Pigeon Forge. Our breakfast staff does a great job with keeping plenty of delicious food out for our guests and we appreciate you nice comments on them. We are extremely excited about our riverbank extension that is just weeks from being completed. I am positive that you will love it when you return. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I travel frequently, so when my sister recommended we stay here I was a little concerned. Really the Econo lodge? But there were so many pluses I was pleasantly surprised. The location is right in the middle of Pigeon Forge next to the Christmas place shop. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. There is a small mini fridge that actually works and a microwave. First, if you want a pool side room, there are only about 7 rooms on the bottom floor. The second floor is the lobby floor. I thought from the website pictures there were balcony's overlooking the pool. There aren't. So don't bother with a pool side room unless you enjoy hearing screaming kids from 9am to 11pm. Also, I wandered around for 5 minutes looking for the ice machines. Some signs directing you there would be nice. We had an issue with our air conditioner. Maintenance showed up within 5 minutes and fixed the problem. The breakfast was fine and more than we expected for a continental breakfast. I would have liked some healthier options like yogurt or fresh fruit, but this is the south. They had biscuits and gravy, waffles and eggs. The dining area is small so we ate in our room. Overall, I would stay here again. Book online and sign up for their rewards program to get an extra discount.

Room Tip: Don't bother with a pool side room unless you get the first or second floor. It will be loud so...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bootboy10
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear bootboy10,

Thank you for being our guest on your recent trip to Pigeon Forge. We are so happy to hear that we exceeded you expectations with our perfect location, clean rooms and comfortable beds. We are also pleased to learn that maintenance fixed the issue with you air conditioner promptly. Thank for the recommendations to our breakfast. We are always working to improve every part of our hotel and will consider your comments. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is an excellent choice for the money. The staff that waited on my group changed our rooms for a better view at the same price after we had booked over the phone. Also, we got a better deal by calling the hotel directly than over the Internet booking sites. The continental breakfast is one of the best free breakfasts I've ever had. The lobby looks a little smaller than the professional pictures, but it's a great value for the money. I would stay there again and recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Teresa H
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Teresa H,

We are very pleased to learn that you felt our hotel was an excellent value! Thank you for the great compliments to our accommodating staff and great breakfast, I will be certain to share these comments with the entire staff. We appreciate your group choosing us on your recent visit to Pigeon Forge.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a little getaway. It was very quiet and clean. I would recommend that you don't forget your soap because theirs doesn't smell good at all. The top cover was very thin but other then that we had a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear JosephandJoan,

Thank you for being our guest on your recent visit to Pigeon Forge. We are pleased to learn that you found our hotel to be nice and clean. We truly appreciate your nice review and look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I am an employee of a Choice hotel and my husband & myself had never stayed in an Econo Lodge, so we chose to do so at the Econo Lodge Riverside,after reviewing the reviews & rating, As it turned out, we were pleasantly pleased with the cleanliness of our room, the superb customer service we received from Jonathan (Front Desk) and overall friendliness of all the staff.
We must also mention the continental breakfast more than adequate & nicely presented.
Overall, will recommend & definitely stay here again on returning trips to Pigeon Forge, TN.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jecnc
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear jecnc,

Thank you for being our guest! We take it as a fantastic compliment that someone that has experience in hotels found our hotel to be very enjoyable. I am pleased to hear you received superb customer service from Jonathan and that our breakfast exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your review and look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I booked my stay with this hotel through Expedia. I didnt feel any different from other guests. I wish there was a more description of where to go. Parking is very limited but expected in July. Will be back for next years trip.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to the river much quieter and pleasant.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Libby M,

Thank you for being our guest. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and feel that our hotel is a good value. Thank you for the review and we look forward to your next visit.