“Very clean! Staff was very helpful!”

Econo Lodge Riverside
Ranked #18 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Minter city
“Very clean! Staff was very helpful!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had never stayed at this hotel before, or another Econolodge for that matter. We were very surprised at how clean every thing was. Even the grout in our bathroom looked clean, it was not discolored as most are. We have stayed at some higher priced hotels before, and this one ranked up there with those, even exceeded them in some cases. During our stay, my son, who has type 1 diabetes, had a very low blood sugar. I was having trouble getting it back up so I went to the front desk and asked if I could get some OJ from them. The desk clerk did not hesitate, she ran downstairs and quickly brought up a large glass of OJ, and told me to call and she would bring more to my room if I needed it. We will stay at this hotel again when visiting Pigeon Forge in the future, and I would recommend it to anyone. Great value,great price! The kids loved the ducks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Brenda D,

Thank you for your kind comments! I am very happy to hear that you were given exceptional service during your stay and that you found our hotel to be one of the cleanest you have encountered. I will be sure to share these comments with our staff. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your next visit!

Adam Bailey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was our first stay here and definitely our last! Our room was located just outside the pool and the smell of chlorine made us sick. The noise level from the pool was unbelievable. We heard screaming kids until really late and this is with the tv on very loud and the air conditioner on high. The rooms are very small and we had to put shoes up against our curtain (right in front of air conditioner and facing out on the busy walkway) because it kept blowing up. Our room had a door dividing rooms and we could hear the people talking. Also the ducks have taken over the parking lot with poop everywhere. If you want a relaxing stay and good nights rest, choose another hotel....

Room Tip: Very noisy and smelly around the pool
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beachbum858
Dear beachbum858,

We appreciate you sharing comments about your recent visit with us and apologize for not meeting your expectations. On a future stay with us, I would recommend requesting a riverside room to avoid the noise from the pool area. Also, remember that we do have staff on property 24 hours a day to help with any service issues you may have. Please let us know immediately of any problems that are occurring and we will correct them promptly. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you again.

Columbia, Mississippi
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I, and our two daughters and their families all stayed at this Econolodge and I have nothing but nice things to say about this hotel. From check in to check out, for 6 nights, we enjoyed our stay. The rooms were very clean, beds were very comfortable. It was cleaned daily, and I only had one problem with a lamp, and they came right on and fixed it! The rooms are kinda small, but was no problem for us! We will definitely be back, and this was our first time staying at the hotel. You won't go wrong staying here for the price, for the comfortable beds and for the cleanliness... we didn't eat breakfast here so cannot say about that, tip is to stay on the riverside of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear MSNANA50,

Thank you for sharing comments about your recent stay with us! We are very pleased to hear nothing but good things from your review. All of our staff works hard every day to provide the cleanest rooms and the best guest service in the Smoky Mountains. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The indoor pool looks beautiful and large from the photo; it is in actuality a very small pool in a small enclosed area. To make matters worse, it was slam full of people when we arrived. Just the sight of it was gross. And the noise was unbelievable. I had foolishly requested a room overlooking the pool (thinking it was pretty and would be fun for the kids). The noise inside the room was barely muffled. There is no way I would have been able to sleep for 10 minutes. And the overwhelming chlorine smell permeated the room so badly it burned our noses. I have not seen such a small hotel room, either. It was so bad that the 4 of us walked into the room and just stood there. Even my 9 and 11 year old children knew it was bad and felt sorry for me over the guilt I had for booking such an awful room. It was 9 pm , but we decided to drive the 4 hours back to Atlanta if we could not find another room somewhere. It was that bad. And, Pigeon Forge was so packed, we almost had to do that. Fortunately, booking.com and the hotel let us out of our 3 day reservation. Someone was there to snap up the room right after we let it go. For the life of me, I can't imagine any normal, middle class family staying somewhere like this. I forgot to mention the ducks. From the photos, it looks like a beautiful, riverside locale with sweet families of ducks. In reality, it is in a busy part of the strip, and the ducks have overtaken the back parking lot. You have to drive slowly to avoid hitting one, but someone before us must have not been so careful. There was a dead duck there, and some people who were angry about what had happened. And the poop was EVERYWHERE. I had my children carry their rolling suitcases, because we couldn't let them roll them through the poop. This place is truly unbelievable. This must be where Hollywood comes to get ideas for how to portray us southerners. For the rest of the country: this is NOT how we are.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, you better avoid a room anywhere near the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Suwaneefamilyof4
Dear Suwaneefamilyof4,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and appreciate your feedback as a way to improve. Here are a few tips to make your stay more enjoyable on your next visit. Our hotel is extremely popular and is very active in the month of July, as is all of Pigeon Forge so booking before or after this time can be helpful if you want to avoid some of the crowds. The pool area does get busy but is open from 9am – 11pm to ensure a quiet period for everyone to rest. In addition, we have a river view that can be requested to ensure a more peaceful and relaxing stay. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to having a chance to provide you with an exceptional visit.

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Loved this hotel stayed here with my family of four. We showed up a day early...Actually I booked my room for the wrong date and the hotel was super helpful. Location is walking distance to all the restaurants on Parkway. The pool and hottub are in doors and awesome for the kids. We are on a LONG road trip across country and they actually had a laundry room for guests to do laundry near the pool I was in parental heaven. Id give it 5 stars if they had a gym.

Dear jfoxworthy,

We are very happy that you chose to be our guest! It is always great to hear that we are doing a great job and our guests are enjoying their stay. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Harriman, Tennessee
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

If you're visiting pigeon Forge and need a good clean place to spend the night, I highly recommend this place. Check-in was a little hectic, but that was the only hiccup. The housekeeping service was above average with fast friendly attendants that readily answered all of my special requests.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Teachcool
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Teachcool,

Thank you for being our guest recently. Our housekeeping staff works extremely hard and I will be sure to share your nice comments with them. We appreciate your comments and look forward to
your next visit.

Tennessee
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed here on a quick weekend trip to Pigeon Forge to visit Dollywood. We had a river view room in the back where the ducks are and the kids enjoyed feeding them. Room was very clean. The outside areas were nicely landscaped and the location is great. My only problem with this Econo Lodge is the very slick tile in the pool area. While we were there a small child fell and the adult who went to help also fell. They also do not have a restroom in the pool area and it was quite a distance back to the room to take the kids to the bathroom. Had breakfast the first morning. It was good and the lady working the breakfast room was very nice and did a great job keeping everything full. We skipped it the next morning because the line was out the door. Would stay here again, but probably not go to the pool.

Room Tip: be extremely careful in the pool area
4 Thank Kjeanette
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Kjeanette,

Thank you for taking the time out to share some comments about your recent experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a good breakfast with us. Our breakfast staff works extremely hard to make sure that everyone has plenty of delicious food to choose from. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your next visit.