“Nice Stay”

Ranked #19 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Tennessee
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed here on a quick weekend trip to Pigeon Forge to visit Dollywood. We had a river view room in the back where the ducks are and the kids enjoyed feeding them. Room was very clean. The outside areas were nicely landscaped and the location is great. My only problem with this Econo Lodge is the very slick tile in the pool area. While we were there a small child fell and the adult who went to help also fell. They also do not have a restroom in the pool area and it was quite a distance back to the room to take the kids to the bathroom. Had breakfast the first morning. It was good and the lady working the breakfast room was very nice and did a great job keeping everything full. We skipped it the next morning because the line was out the door. Would stay here again, but probably not go to the pool.

Room Tip: be extremely careful in the pool area
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Kjeanette
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Kjeanette,

Thank you for taking the time out to share some comments about your recent experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a good breakfast with us. Our breakfast staff works extremely hard to make sure that everyone has plenty of delicious food to choose from. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your next visit.

Adam Bailey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I choose this hotel based on the reviews but our stay was far from pleasant. First, this hotel DOES NOT enforce their designated smoking areas. When we walked out of our room it was like walking into fog. The people in the next room had chairs & their ashtray outside the room. I complained twice and nothing was done. We have health issues so we couldn't take being in the area with all the smoke. The table in the room is nice but too large for the area and it blocks the A/C unit so you have to push it back into the corner. Be careful when you step out of the tub. We then had a pest problem in our room so they agreed to move us to another room which ended up being two doors down from the pool. The smell of the chlorine was awful, the A/C put out a very musty smell and didn't cool the room as well as the previous A/C unit. The room also had was an adjoining room and the people that checked in was loud so we ended up leaving the tv on to drown them out so we could sleep. This hotel is in a good location and while the dining area is too small the breakfast was not bad.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank granof03
Dear granof2,

We appreciate you being our guest and for sharing some comments about your experience. It makes me happy to see that our staff was very helpful in accommodating you when you encountered problems but disappointed that you experienced them in the first place. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff as we are always searching for ways to make our hotel more enjoyable. Thank you for staying with us and we would love to have you again.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this motel. The WiFi was not working in the room they gave us so they moved us to a better location. And they where really friendly. The rooms where the cleanest of all the motels we have stayed at in Pigeon Forge. We will definitely stay there again .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Mythreekid
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Mythreekid,

Thank you for sharing some comments about your recent visit with us. I am pleased to hear that our staff was very friendly and that our rooms were the cleanest! I will be sure to share these comments with the staff. Thank you for being our guest!

Palm Harbor, FL
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were looking for a rather inexpensive hotel that had good reviews in the Gatlinburg area. Most hotels online were around $130-150. Fortunately, we came along the Econo Lodge Riverside.

Prior to walking into the lobby, I had checked in on certain application and to my surprise, there was coupon! So I was able to save even more off my reservation.

We checked in around 7pm and there was no line or wait. The gentleman at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. Checkin was a breeze and we were off to our room.

The room was nice and clean, we didn't care for a view or anything as we were just spending the night after a long 12 hour drive. The bed was a king size firm, very comfortable. There was also a mini fridge, microwave and few other items that come standard with rooms.

The hotel grounds are nice, theres a large indoor pool and two hot tubs. Behind the hotel lies the river where you can go and feed ducks (they have corn for sale, $.25 in machines). Just watch out for the duck poop.

Unfortunately, we didn't make it to breakfast but from what I was told, it's a full hot breakfast.

Two things that I noticed that I wouldn't like, one is that there are a lot of children there (which is fine), but the pool is open until 11pm, so if you have one of the rooms facing the pool, it could get annoying as they were all screaming and jumping around.

The other problem is the wifi, which we couldn't even pick up in our room (no problem for us as we tethered my phone). The staff did mention they have new equipment on the way to fix that issue.

There are plenty of food options around the hotel, though most delivery options are just pizza.

Room Tip: Wouldn't recommend a room facing the indoor pool, the noise levels may get annoying.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rogo117
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Rogo117,

We appreciate you taking the time to share comments about your recent experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of some of our great amenities. Maybe on your next visit, you will have time to taste our hot and delicious breakfast that includes waffles, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage and much more! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return

Monett, Missouri
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was a great value for a great stay. While most properties in town seem to be very proud of their rooms by their price, this property was a great deal. In fact, during our eight day road trip it was the cheapest room and one of the best we stayed in. Check-in was a breeze and the desk clerk offered to provide us coupons for lots of attractions. The river behind the hotel with the ducks was a definite highlight. My only concern (which is minor) was the fact that I couldn't figure out how to keep the drain open on the tub while taking a shower. It might have been operator error though. The beds were nice and the room was small, but perfect for our needs. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a river view room for better view and less noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank GSwizzle
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear GSwizzle,

Thank you for being out guest recently! We are very happy that you stayed with us and enjoyed your stay. We most definitely feel that we are the #1 valued hotel in the Smoky Mountain area and are proud of this. Our hotel offers so many amenities at such a great price. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I normally stay in another hotel but thought I would give this one a try. My son's friend got locked in the bathroom. I couldn't get him out nor could my husband. He's in the bathroom screaming and crying. We had to call maintenance to get him out. Then our fridge did not work had to get another one. The tub is so high off the ground someone get get hurt when getting out. I called the manager about my issues and she just said she could move us to another room. Really? I would have liked to have talked to the general manager.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Love197,

Thank you for sharing comments about your recent stay with us. I apologize about the inconveniences that you encountered on your visit with us and I appreciate you bringing them to my attention. After going over the maintenance log, I was happy to see that your difficulties were taking care of promptly. I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you about your stay in more detail if you would please call me at 865-428-1231. Thank you for being our guest!

Greeneville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I currently stayed here with my Church youth group, we have stayed here before and requested pool side rooms this time, which was even better,breakfast was great, and had a good nights rest, the only downfall was the difficulty of opening the door with a credit card type key, other than that i was very pleased :)

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are the best :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear TRednour,

We are so happy that you took the time to write this nice review about us. We love accommodating youth groups as yourselves and appreciate you staying with us. We look forward to you next visit.