“Great place to stay! Very nice rooms and location!”

Econo Lodge Riverside
Ranked #18 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband, daughter, and a friend of hers stayed two nights here. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was a pleasant surprise. They served biscuits, scrambled eggs, sausage links, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, grits, and the usual morning beverages. The location is good. It is near the intersection of Teastler and Parkway which gave us easy access to everything on the main strip plus a quick backway to Veterans Blvd which is the road to Dollywood. I would definitely stay here again! We paid a total of $244.72 for two nights and feel that it was a great value! We stayed on the riverside which allowed us to watch the ducks, geese, and pigeons. The girls enjoyed feeding them each afternoon when we returned to our room. The little birds in the courtyard were also a joy to feed each morning.

• Stayed: June 2013
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear RedDevilfan,

We are so pleased that you chose to stay with us on your recent visit to Pigeon Forge. The breakfast here is fantastic and this week we added waffles to an already stellar selection. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our riverside with all the wildlife that loves to be fed. Thank for your great review and we will see you next time you are in Pigeon Forge!

Adam Bailey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently as part of a family trip. I booked it online with consideration to price and location. For the price of the hotel, I was very shocked at how NICE it was! The room we were in had a mini fridge and microwave, which was a wonderful way to save money. We were able to put our water and soda in the refridgerator so it was cold for us when we needed/wanted it. We were also able to save money by warming up small soup/ravioli bowls for one of our meals. It was nice to have the breakfast available as well. For a family of 4 at the beginning of a weeks' travel, being able to eat 2 out of 3 meals at the hotel was WONDERFUL! My kids played in the pool the second night we were there for a couple of hours. The other families that were there at the same time were friendly and welcoming. The only thing that I would've liked to see done differently is at check-in. The website I booked from showed check in was 3:00. We arrived at about 3:25 and were ready to relax before going to Dixie Stampede. When we got there, the front desk gal told us our room wasn't quite ready and asked us to come back at 4:00. There were a couple of other people in there at them same time who were told the same thing. We ended up driving down the strip for a few minutes looking at all there was to do, as this was our first visit to Pigeon Forge. We had a bit of a hesitation when we realized the hotel was on a super busy street, but street noise was not a problem at all. Also, didn't hear any neighbors or anyone above us. It was very quiet, which is appreciated! Nice sided rooms, comfy beds...! All in all, it was a good visit. When we go back to PF again, we will definately be staying at Econo Lodge Riverside!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear 92cheryl,

Thank you so much for sharing comments about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your kind words and our pleased to hear that you loved your stay. All of the amenities we have on property do make for an enjoyable stay and taking advantage of our free hot breakfast is a great way to save some money while on vacation. I apologize about the misunderstanding with check in times and appreciate you bringing it to my attention so that I can have it adjusted correctly to 4pm on the website where you booked your reservation. Thank you again for your great review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Even after reading all the positive reviews this hotel was a pleasant surprise! Our room was the cleanest hotel room I can remember ever staying in. Everyone we encountered from the main desk to the cleaning/grounds staff were pleasant, professional and very well groomed. We spent quite a bit of time sitting at one of the picnic table beside the river enjoying watching the ducks, especially the numerous mothers with little ones. There were several children playing in the river with tubes and other water toys and seemed to be having a great time! We parked our motorcycles on Friday evening and didn't ride them again until we left on Sunday morning. There are dozens of restaurants, shopping, miniature golf, go carts, etc. well within walking distance, with a Trolley stop almost directly in front of the hotel. We definitely will stay here anytime we're in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beverly152
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Beverly152,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. The title of what you wrote says it all, “Cleanest Hotel Room Ever”. We have a great housekeeping staff that works extremely hard every day to provide these rooms for our guests and I will be sure to share these comments with them. I am also glad to see that every staff member you came across was professional and courteous to you. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to having you again.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was my first time staying at this motel. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn across the road, but with the summer rates in effect, the government rate was not available. I read the reviews about this place and decided to "try it out". I was surprised! I arrived well before the check in time and was given a room very quickly. I had a king room on the 3rd floor facing the river. It was very nice and very clean and had all of the amenities that I needed. Since I was here for work, I was only able to spend a little time out back with the ducks, guinea hens and just relaxing watching the river. It was wonderful to see families with small children feed the ducks. This is a very family oriented place and I, for one, would return with my family at any time. Every employee that I encountered was very customer oriented and seemed to have a great working relationship with each other.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the river are quieter but if you have children who like to be in the water, choose...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear jvogs,

I appreciate you taking the time to share comments about your recent visit with us. I am happy to hear that you found our riverside peaceful and that our facility pleasantly surprised you. We thank you for your kind comments and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was our 4th stay at this particular hotel. We have never had a negative experience. The location is close to everything, the breakfast is incredible and features eggs, biscuits, gravy, cereal, sausage, ect. As a family of 4 the breakfast saved us a lot of money each day. The rooms are very clean, beds comfortable, and we enjoy the river being in the back and sitting by the water.

Room Tip: It is very nice to get a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brent K
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Brent K,

Thank you so much for sharing comments about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you are a repeat guest that has never encountered a negative experience. We strive to be consistent with our great customer service every day and your experiences prove that we are. I genuinely appreciate you staying with us when you come to the Smoky Mountains and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Tge hotel is your average hotel the pics make it look a lot more fancy upon check in the people walking in where getting a rate 10 dollars cheaper that what I had reserved and they did not even offer ne the lower rate then once I got to my room the ac didn't work. Its an ok place but I have stayed in better for for the same price

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank firerescue420
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear firerescue420,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am disappointed to hear that we did not exceed you expectations and apologize for those shortcomings. Depending on how you make your reservation can affect the rate that you pay. Many third party companies will charge a higher rate than the hotel itself, so to ensure the best available rate it is always best to call the hotel directly when making your reservation. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to having an opportunity to prove that we are one of the top lodging facilities in this area.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I have stayed hear for the past 4 years with my inlaws, we have decided to return in December and bring the kids. We booked the family suite and can't wait for vacation. Super great price, clean rooms and. Great value!!!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jsnichols34
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Jsnichols34,

Thank you so much for being a loyal guest of EconoLodge Riverside! We appreciate your kind words and also can’t wait for you to come back and see us. Your family will love the suite. With all the extra space and bunk beds, I am sure you all will have a fantastic time. I appreciate your comments and will see you in December.