“well kept”

Econo Lodge Riverside
Ranked #17 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The motel is clean, well built, easy check in/out. We stayed in a king room on outside corner. Only negative with room location was the hotel laundry was next to our room so every morning, the laundry carts being rolled were loud. The bed could have used a cushion but we would stay again. Breakfast was good, pool is nice, ducks and river was a nice benefit, location good.

Room Tip: Room 167 is ok if you are an early bird.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debra S
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Debra S,

We appreciate you sharing your recent experience with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, found us to be very clean and that check in process was a breeze. Once again I would like to thank you for your kind comments and look forward to seeing you soon.

Adam Bailey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,337)

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I decided to take a chance on this hotel after reading many positive reviews and getting an awesome deal by booking directly through their website. It was a pleasant surprise and absolutely not how I typically associate Econo Lodge. Actually, my husband was very leery and was expecting the worse. Everything, from start to finish, went great and we were all very happy!

Check in was fast. It was late so our room was ready.
Room was more than I expected. Two double beds, a table for two, two closets, flat screen, large dresser, small kitchenette area with microwave, frig, and coffee pot.
Everything was very clean.
The employees were all VERY friendly, speaking to me as I passed them in various parts of the building.
Breakfast is included. It was basic but a nice money saver. There was a beautiful area just outside the breakfast room to sit outside. Nice patio tables, umbrellas, and landscaping!
The pool area was quite smaller than it appears in the pictures, but sufficient for our needs. (There is no outdoor pool.) Pool view rooms literally surround the pool. Pool hours are strictly enforced, but it can be loud. The pool furniture is very nice. Not those white plastic lounge chairs!
We initially had an outdoor "river view" room but our daughter wanted to stay inside by the pool. Switching our room was no problem at all.
There is a small laundry area with 2 washers and 2 dryers. $1.75 per use, but the convenience but better than hauling the clothes off to a laundry mat.
"River view" rooms are rooms on the back side of the building. The parking lot is between you and the river but they are more peaceful than the pool view rooms. The river and parking lot are home to LOTS of ducks, geese, and other birds. There is a small vending machine to purchase food for them. The geese will eat right out of your hand. My daughter loved this, but I can see where it might irritate some as they do not move when you drive near them and with lots of birds comes lots of bird poo! Lots of kids seemed to be enjoying feeding the critters though.
Lastly, the location is quite convenient. It is in the heart of Pigeon Forge with two very nice restaurants right across the street.
I would definitely stay here again and encourage you to try it out if you are looking for a basic, clean, safe environment that is a good value. It was a nice surprise!

Room Tip: Three floors at this hotel. Pool side can be a bit loud but good if you have kids who love to swim...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ImKellyWV1
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear ImKellyWV1,

Thank you very much for sharing comments about your latest stay with us. We defiantly are Worth the Chance! Our EconoLodge Riverside is one of a kind because of its location, cleanliness and service. We recently received a platinum award through Choice Hotels International, which puts us in the top 3% of all EconoLodge’s. I truly appreciate your kind words and your recognition of our hard work. Thank you again and we look forward to having you with us soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Just needed a place to sleep after the days at Dollywood so I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. Nice mountain stream in the back with ducks to feed was as entertaining to the kids as Dollywood. Good location and hot breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank edgj

Dear edgj,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed our riverside views and hot breakfast. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here twice in the last two months. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comforable. The shower was wonderful the first time we stayed but this time on our last day the water was completly cold when my husband got his shower. Needless to say this made for a unhappy hubby!
I was told it may have been because a church group was staying. I think a modern hotel like this one should have enough hot water to accomedate all rooms.
The breakfast room is very nice with a very good breakfast. All of the staff are very friendly and helpful.
I am sure we would stay here again just hope to never run into the cold water problem again.
If you are looking for a nice small but comfortable room for the money I would give this one a try!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Vickie51
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Vickie51,

Thank you for being a repeat guest to EconoLodge Riverside and for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I appreciate your compliments of our clean rooms and will be sure to share them with our hard working housekeeping staff. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Pigeon Forge.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very nice rooms, great breakfast, extremely helpful staff (had a minor room issue that was resolved in under five minutes), and truly a great value. Only one very minor negative: rooms appeared to be very thin-walled, so noise was a problem. Nevertheless, I'd definitely return and recommend this hotel to anybody traveling to Pigeon Forge.

Room Tip: If you can, select a room that is a reasonable distance from the pool - this will cut down on the no...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dobbys_sock
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear dobbys_sock,
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Pigeon Forge and for sharing your recent experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be great because of our extremely helpful staff, great breakfast and nice rooms. We genuinely appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family and parents recently stayed at this hotel. Our room was street view and on the end and theirs was pool side. The poolside room was loud during pool hours and when you walked out of the room, the chlorine smell was very strong. Both rooms were very clean, had comfy beds and plenty of room. Breakfast was awesome. Eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, grits.... My only cons was the Wifi was terrible and when we told the front desk about kids diving off the wall above the pool, into 5 ft water, they replied that they could suggest to them not to do it but they couldn't really enforce it. It was very dangerous and they didn't even come down to check. That was kinda disappointing. But over all, it was a great hotel and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear ncmom73,

We are so pleased that you chose to stay with us on your recent visit to Pigeon Forge. I am pleased to see that you left comments about what you enjoyed as well as some improvements you would like to see. I am glad to hear that the breakfast was awesome and apologize that we fell short of your expectations on supervising the indoor pool area. Please be assured that your comments about the indoor pool will be shared with the staff to ensure that it will not happen in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We arrived on a Thursday night for a one night stay and check in was smooth. The staff were helpful in where to park, location of elevators, location of our room, etc...
We had a inside corridor room and it was easy to access from the side parking lot. The parking is ample and well lit at night. The room was very basic but also very clean. We did not visit for breakfast so I cannot comment on that option. However, my boys loved the creek behind the motel as well as the ducks that frequent that location. Keep on the lookout for the ducks and the "surprise" that they tend to leave behind :)
The location and the property are ideal. The location is close to Sevierville and Gatlinburg and within walking distance to Christmas Village, Mellow Mushroom, Firehouse Golf, among many other places to eat and attractions. The property is beautifully landscaped and maintained well. I will return when I am in the area as the other place(s) that I like as well are getting to be too expensive for just about the same amenities. This is a great value for what you get!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ROLLTIDE8401

Dear ROLLTIDE8401,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at EconoLodge Riverside. Our location does offer many options for different activities. Even though we are centrally located and close to many attractions, shopping and restaurants, we are also sitting on the banks of the peaceful Little Pigeon River. I will be sure to share your experience with our staff. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.