“Great place to stay in the smokies”

Econo Lodge Riverside
Ranked #18 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Hickory, North Carolina
“Great place to stay in the smokies”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel in Pigeon Forge. Very clean and recently remodeled. Staff was very friendly . Quiet and peaceful every night. Large indoor pool and simple but good breakfast was provided. We will definitely stay here again. Great value at a reasonable price .

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor at the front of the hotel , but the car noise from the highway was min...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
Jasper
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed here 6-7-12 for 3 nights, it was very clean and the staff was very accommodating, our coffee makers basket was broke on one side and I called the front desk so they would'nt think we broke it, they said someone would bring us a new one and less than 10 minutes later a new coffee maker was delivered. Also the pool was indoors and very clean as well as the hot tub. The river is in the back with very nice picnic areas which we used to grill out one night. The pigeons and ducks were all over the place which made for a lot of fun with the kids we were feeding them out of our hand. The really nice thing is that the hotel is right on the parkway and in the middle of everything. I highly recommend this hotel as a great place to stay when you come to Pigeon Forge Tennessee!!!!

Chicago
Reviewed June 13, 2012

After looking at the pictures and reading the reviews for this hotel my family and I were very excited about our vacation to Pigeon Forge. I have to say that we were very disappointed! The Front desk people seemed like they could care less about their jobs. We needed a few extra towels and things the 2nd day we were there and asked the housekeepers for some more. Don't even bother trying! None of the housekeepers can speak English apparently! The room was O.K., but seemed cramped and the walls are paper thin, so you can get to know your next door neighbors very well! The pool was nice but very crowded. For the price I will definitely find a different hotel if we ever come back to Pigeon Forge!

4 Thank John P
Georgia
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My family and I have stayed at this motel 3 different times within the past year and each time it has been great. The rooms are newly renovated and very clean. I love the fact that each room has a microwave, coffee maker and fridge. The beds are super comfortable. Check in has always been very quick and the staff friendly and helpful. Our favorite room view is the riverfront but we have also stayed in the courtyard view room and it was ok. I personally would not want to stay in a pool view room because it seemed very noisy when the pool was open, which is until 11 pm. I have a small child and I feel it would be a disturbance. The breakfast buffet offered was very good with a nice varity. We will definitly be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank diddle223
Pittsburgh
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We purposely avoid Econolodges because they get poor ratings. Not in Pigeon Forge. I booked this because of all the people that took the time to rate it on Trip Advisor. Thanks to everyone. We loved it. So clean. So updated. Microwave, fridge, comfy beds, plenty of pillows, hot water, clean bathroom, clean carpets. Very nice breakfast. Large room and plenty of tables. There were two ladies maintaining it very well. One made fresh scrambled eggs. No, there are not waffles and yogurts here but there is plenty to fill you up from biscuits, cereals, fruits, donuts and juices. The ladies actually came over and helped elderly travelers by asking if they needed anything and would get them another biscuit or coffee. The back lot is nice - seeing the river and feeding ducks. Didn't do the pool; too tired but it looked very nicely maintained too. it is nicely located; central to everything we needed for days.

1 Thank tamalePittsburgh
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Booked a riverside room early for my weekend getaway with my hubby. I first read the reviews on tripadvisor before booking. I have stayed in Comfort Inn before and thought it would be comparable. The price is great, I have to admit, for Pigeon Forge. They advertise newly renovated rooms. We drove 5 hours to get there and were pretty tired. Check in was a breeze and the employees were very nice. We unloaded and got to our room on 2nd floor corner facing riverside only to discover the room had this horrible smell of smoke. I called the desk to ask to change rooms due to the heavy smell, they said that rooms were all smoke free, but did not have a comparable room by riverside to move me. They did offer to put a machine in the room to suck out air and put new air in, but we'd have to leave for over an hour. Driving that far and then having to go out again, not an option. We tried to stay in the room, had a fan going and door open, but did not help. The manager was very nice and offered to refund the 3-night trip and we were able to leave without a charge. Unfortunately the charge went though my bank immediately, but the refund would take 2-3 business days to show on my account. So I booked across the street at the Spring Hill Marriott and was so thankful. The staff at Econo Lodge was top notch and very nice, but unfortunately the room smell was not. Plus, the room looked like it was in the ghetto and not at all remodeled, not to mention tiny in size. I guess you get what you pay for. I have to say the ducks by the river was very cool though!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hawaiigrandmother
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed here and we have been very pleased both times!! The room was clean with well kept furnishings. The breakfast was great with a wide variety of choices. The staff is friendly and professional. Bonus: You can go out back and fish in the stream, feed the many, many ducks, geese and pigeons &/or you can walk next door to the biggest Christmas shop in town! Oh, and the rates were a bargain!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple