“Affordable and...well, that's about it.”

Econo Lodge Riverside
Ranked #17 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed November 7, 2007

First off, my husband and I came here, spent 6 nights and only paid $300 for a king-bed room. Not bad at all.

The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are very neat and clean with a fridge, microwave, closets...like a mini-suite. The rooms are on the small-side, though.

I was not pleased at all with the frequently inconvenient "room service". Everyday at 9 am, the cleaning staff demanded our towels in Spanish. I thought this was unprofessional and rude, and at 9 am, we were just waking up and trying to get ready to leave.

The first couple days we'd come back to our room around 4 pm, and our room was still not serviced! Not only that, but the staff took our towels at 9 am, so we had no towels and an unclean room! When we called the front desk to complain, they'd tell us to come to the front desk to get towels. When you're staying on the third floor on the other side of the hotel, it's very inconvenient, and something I should NOT have to do. That's what staff is for. A fellow neighbor staying in another room shared my problem of inconvenience, as they took all of her towels and never gave her any new ones. Also, I was told that "Stay-over rooms are not first cleaning priority". Um, excuse me, I'm a paying customer, I should be the first priority!

So, the next couple days, they still came and interrupted us for our towels before they serviced our room 6 hours later...a concept I have never dealt with at any of the other hotels I've ever been to.
We came back one day at the same time, around 4 pm...and the cleaning staff JUST got to our room! So, we had to wait outside in the 30 degree weather until our room was clean.

The "DELUXE breakfast" consists of cold cereal, dime-sized muffins, rock-hard bagels and bricks of cream cheese that never seemed to spread. Make it worth your while to pass this tasteless, unappealing amenity and visit some of the local breakfast restaurants.

Overall, I'd never stay here again. It was a bargain at $300 for 6 nights, but...I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ariaiji
Write a ReviewReviews (1,339)

Reviewed October 17, 2007

I have read many reviews about this Hotel and still have mixed feelings. I thought the pool area was very nice. The pool was nice and warm, the Hot tub was small. Only fits 4-5 people. Our room was located on the outside by the main road. There are 14 parking spaces for 32 rooms to share which means you will probably have to park in the VERY BACK! There were 5 of us, 2 adults and children 15,11 and 5. We had a double queen and it was VERY VERY SMALL. There was no out of the way floor room to put our luggage. It had 2 bed and a small table with 2 chairs and a small walkway to the bathroom. It was way to small for all that furniture (and it really wasnt much furniture). The bathroom was so small you could NOT get ready in it. Our carpets were very worn and dingy. The blankets had holes in them. The ironing board was a table top travel board which meant you could not properly iron your closes. I was not impressed and would have rather paid the extra $20 per night for a bigger room at another Hotel!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2007

The hotel is great, didn't get to enjoy the creek too much to do little time. The condo deal meeting ate up two hours we could have done something else. The Great China Circus was a must see no meal, but great action. This hotels room originally had us on the parkway. My son is autistic so my husband said something and put us up by the pool. There was security gates to protect from the pool dangers. Pool/jacuzzi should stay open latter for parents wanting to have some alone time. Breakfast left something to be desired. It was horrible bread all stale, fruit could have been one type not mixed, and cereal was old. Very nice people. Game room 1/2 the games were broken. Laundry room was nice. If we do go back to Pigeon Forge there are lots of nicer cheaper places. The tourism industry is so big there that they compete. All the condo/timeshare people, try to lure you in with giveaways. If you have the time and don't have kids it is worth a listen, just don't buy in.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2007

Stayed with wife and 3 yr. old 8/19 - 8/22. We visit PF 3 or 4 times a year and have considered staying here the last few times. I found this to be the best econolodge we've ever been to. My son really enjoyed the pool area and I must say it's a little nicer than most in the area for the same type hotel. I found the room to be a little on the small side but for the price, it's hard to beat. Our room was on the street side and unlike some of the other post, I didn't notice a lot of road noise. Great location within walking distance to several resturants and shopping.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank dvillecw
Reviewed August 30, 2007

I stayed here for three weeks and overall I was pleased with the econo lodge. The rooms were large and very comfortable for less than $60/night. Each room has a small sink/kitchen area with a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The housekeeping was a little spotty. During my first week the maid did not leave shampoo or soap in my room and consistently forgot to refresh my coffee supply. The maid service during the last two weeks was great, though. There is a washer/dryer on site, but I did not use it. There is also an indoor pool, but it was frequently packed with kids. A river runs behind the hotel and is quite peaceful. They serve a free breakfast, but it is not out until 7am, so I was never able to try it because I left for work at 6:30am. There is wireless internet, but I did not get the opportunity to use it.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2007

Even considering that I stayed at a motel in Mexico for about $5 one night, I think this was the best motel value I've ever received.
The property seems new or nearly new and there's a lovely creek/river behind the motel (though it's a shame the creek is in a commercial area instead of a park-like setting).

• Stayed: April 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 5, 2007

hotel had a lot going for it, but not as great as some other reviews suggested. Good things- nice river in back w/ ducks, laundry room to wash clothes, nice indoor pool. Disappointed with the continental breakfast (got bored with the limited options after 3 days), holey bed linens, small room with too much light coming in at night, tight parking, hard to get to from other side of street.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family