“Good Hotel Overall”

Econo Lodge Riverside
Ranked #19 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Whenever I look for hotels, I check out Trip Advisor first! After checking out their recommendations, I visit other sites as well. I don't ever go by just one review. I've had some in past that were not bad but reviews stated bad experiences.
We chose this hotel for the indoor pool. Kids like it. It was somewhat cool for us & we got used to it. We really enjoyed the Hot tub! Breakfast was good. They offered biscuit, gravy, hard boiled eggs, muffins, toast, coffee, juice, milk, cold cereal, grits/oats. Overall breakfast was fine. Room was a bit small, but we didn't come for the room. We overlooked the river. They had ducks to feed. We didn't feed them but did see other familes feed them. One negative was that our son dropped some chips on floor during snack & within a few minutes covered with Ants. We left a note for cleaning but didn't do it. Wife went to desk & clerk brought it up & did it himself. Thanks! No more ants!
Overall, we'd stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: River View.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Riverside

Reviewed March 30, 2011

The hotel was nice however I will not stay here again. If you are a light sleeper, bring your ear plugs! The road noise from the main road sounded like we were at Bristol motor speedway. We changed rooms to the back of the hotel and you could still here the traffic , however not as bad. The doors were heavy and everytime someone shut their door coming or going the sound was annoying. The staff were very professional. The hotel was nice and not a dump, however our room reeked of stagnant cigarette smoke. We had a non-smoking room!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I reserved a king room with jacuzzi in Jan for a weekend trip Feb 18th. We checked in and noticed that our room had no jacuzzi. The explanation from the front desk was we were moved to another room due renovations. I was not told this before checking in. Then I was awakened at 7 am to noises of hammering, drilling, and an electric paint gun. The manager tried to move us, but why would I move to a room with two queen beds and still no jacuzzi? I was refunded a night's stay, but this situation could have been prevented. If I would of know it was under renovation or notified of my room change earlier, I would have found another place to stay. So beware of construction noise if you stay there. Oh yeah, the breakfast was anything but deluxe.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Motel room was clean and the jacuzzi was great, but the noise was really bad. The doors are very heavy and they make way too much noise. We were across from the ice machine and the door slammed every few minutes. I could hear everything that was being said in the room next to us and could here the people working on the pool(or I guess that was who it was) coming thru the vent above the sink. It was very unnerving. The motel really needs to have some sort of insukation blown in between the walls. It makes what is supposed to be a relaxing trip...very stressful. The rates were excellent and the people at the front desk went out of their way to accomadate us.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2011

My boyfriend and I went down for a quick getaway and it was great. This is our 2nd trip to gatlinburg area and we stayed in a cabin the first trip. Loved the hotels sight and it was a very clean hotel. The rooms were great even though they apparently are getting a makeover in the upcoming months even though i dont think they need it. There is a river behind the hotel and there is place you can feed the ducks which my boyfriend loved to do and I got great pictures along the river. They also have an indoor pool and hot tub which was great for us cause the weather was unusually cold and snowy. The continental breakfast was just okay, I was hoping for bagels but they had none. Oatmeal, toast, muffins, donuts, juice, milk, 3 cereals, small cinnamon rolls, coffee and biscuits and gravy. Overall we were really impressed with the hotel and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2011

Lovely property on the river. Fun to feed the ducks and other wildlife that gather there. Rooms are a bit small and the continental breakfast is pretty basic but the rates were good and the rooms were clean. Our main complaint was when checking in they flatly refused to accept travellers checks even though they were American Express and we had tons of ID including Choice Hotel Golden member cards. Thank goodness we had enough cash as we did not want to use credit cards but then had to make a trip to bank which took time on a busy Friday and the day of annual Dollywood parade.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2010

My husband, daughter and myself drove up to Pigeon Forge for the Christmas lights and selected this hotel for our one night stay. We very much enjoyed. The hot tub was very nice and the rooms were clean. The decor is outdated but in good shape. We did not use the pools but they looked very clean and clear. We are planning on staying here again in the near future. Would definitely recommend and have!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family