“Okay Stay”

Ranked #56 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Okay Stay”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS

My family and I recently stayed 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Pigeon Forge. Our room with two beds was nice and clean. However the bed itself could have been more comfortable. All hotel staff we encountered was friendly and attentive. Breakfast was free yet nothing to write home about. I do realize that other reviewers have really complemented them on their breakfast but we found it to be just ok. We only had a choice of sausage both mornings and my family doesn't care very much for sausage . We would have much preferred ham or bacon. One carton of milk I got was soured even though it was in date. It also did not seem cold enough. Seemed like the little refrigerator was not keeping it cold enough. Could be the breakfast quality fluctuates with the amount of guests in the hotel? Only one lady kept the bar stocked but she kept it well filled and very clean. She was extremely nice. The lobby and the indoor pool area were attractive and clean.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank NOZIECAT
Desiree S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I have gone to the other management in regard to rotating our meat on the breakfast bar, we do offer bacon, it just wasn't put out when you were here. We have the link and patty sausage, so we are now going to offer the bacon in between the different sausage days. Thank you for bringing that to our attention. The refrigerator in the breakfast bar is set between 38-40 degrees. I wish I had known about the carton of milk when you were here so I could have given it to our supplier, and I apologize for that. If ever you decide to visit with us again and you have any issues, Please bring it to management so we can do our very best to resolve any issues you may have. Sincerly, Desiree Scott, AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Rural Retreat, Virginia
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice and polite staff. Expensive for my taste but normal for this tourist trap. Hotel is clean and in a great location for access to the back roads that will help keeping you away from the parkway traffic jams!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Desiree S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how we are doing, and appreciate your time. We are a friendly bunch around here and do enjoy our jobs, in making our guests comfortable and want to return. Sincerly, Desiree Scott, AGM
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were clean and it was in a nice central location (close to the Convention Center). The trolley stop was also close by and made travel for those of us who don't want to drive after having a few beefs. Nice restaurants within good walking distance.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Desiree S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
We are very proud to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for time to reply and let us know how we are doing. incerly, Dewsiree Scott, AGM
Cadiz, Kentucky, USA
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I really liked this place. My twins are 7 years old and they had a blast! The room was spacious & beds were comfortable. The game room was sparse but entertaining. They enjoyed the playground when weather permitted. We got to swim in the indoor pool or soak in a hot tub after a long day at Dollywood. The breakfast every morning was hot but consistently the same fare but generous. Eggs, biscuits, gravy, cereal, sausage,etc. much more than a typical continental. If I had one disappointment it was the laundry facility. There are 2 washers and 2 dryers for all the 100+ rooms to use. It took me hours just to get my 2 loads in. One of the dryers was not working to peak performance. But hey its a small issue no big deal. We definitely will stay here again

Stayed October 2013
Desiree S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind words, we depend on your replies and feedback to keep us going. We do pride ourselves in our work and really appreciate hearing back from you. I am happy you enjoyed your visit with us and hope you will return to stay with us again. Sincerly, Desiree Scott, AGM
Crossville
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel was clean and quiet. It is off the main drag in Pigeon Forge. However, the beds were super soft and not what we are accustomed to when staying at this brand of hotels. The free breakfast was excellent with an attendant nearby to make sure everything was clean and all the food trays were filled.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda P
Desiree S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Average Room,

Without your survey responses, we wouldn't know how to adjust for your needs, so I thank you sincerly for taking the time and letting us know about your stay. Our breakfast is great and I'm so happy you enjoyed it. We will be glad to have you back with us.

Thank You!!

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I am handicapped and this room was great, very clean, easy to maneuver, and very quiet, would recomend this hotel to any of my friends, breakfast was hot, wide varity and would much rather have this breakfasst than to go out and pay for an overpriced meal.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank darrell2112
Dear Sir,

I am so glad to know your needs were met. It is with great pride that we can make people feel at home and in a safe environment. We are happy to offer the breakfast,as it helps families with convenience and financial demands. We look forward to having you and your family stay with us again soon.

Ohio
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I could go on for hours on the craziness of Pigeon Forge and the surrounding area but I'm talking about the Holiday Inn Express. It's off the main drag and believe me it's a drag to drive it. Just on the edge of the main downtown area of PF. The hotel is clean and for the most part maintained well. Luckily I didn't take any little kids with me. I was a little concerned about the kids playground out in back. I'm not sure I'd let any kid of mine play on it. If it's no longer functioning then remove it.

The room was clean although a little narrow but that's alright. I stay at hotels to sleep. The beds were comfortable and well appointed especially with four pillows on a queen bed. The bathroom was clean except it was evident that someone before me was having fun. They wrote a rather long message on the mirror but you couldn't see it until it got steamed up from the shower. An apparent oversight by the housekeeping staff. Funny all the same.

The breakfast was Holiday Inn fare and plentiful. No problems there. The front staff during the day were cheerful and friendly. The evening staff was...well....let's say he was by himself with a number of people coming in at the same time. Minor to say the least.

Definitely close to the things people go to PF for on a vacation. So location is good. Don't let that stop you from staying here.

The last thing is that, yes, I'd stay there again. Realize that there are parallel streets to the main drag that you can travel on quickly if you want to get out of the maddening traffic in this tourist sham.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nice Place,

I want to thank you for taking time to reply to the survey. Without your feedback we won't know how your stay has been. As for the playground, it has been under renovations. We added new supports, new swings, and a new paint job. It's definately secure. Yes, Pigeon Forge is quite maddening, but people love it and we' d love for you and your family to come and stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pigeon Forge
Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane
Ramada Pigeon Forge North
Ramada Pigeon Forge North
#23 of 91 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood? Share your experiences!