“Nasty Hotel with Rude Staff”
Review of Hotel Pigeon Forge

Hotel Pigeon Forge
Ranked #67 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I went to Pigen Forge and checked in and then went to hit the town with my daughter. We came back close to 11 p.m. and I noticed the room smelled bad but thought we were just sleeping so no big deal. I woke up to use the rest room at 4:30 and found 100's of ants all over the sink and bathroom area (on my toothbrushes / toothpaste / cell phone etc... I checked the beds to make sure we were not sleeping in them. went to the front desk to tell them I wanted moved he was not willing to at first but after explaining the usituation he did. So from 5 a.m. I packed and then moved the items to a new room. I myself wanted to speak to the manager and was told he would be n at 7. So I drank coffee in the lobby while my kids slept. By 9 the manager still had not shown up so I did not go to TN to wait in a hotel lobby so we went sight seeing. I left my number and told him to call me when he came in and I never got a call. I called back to the hotel at 2:30 and was told he would not refund my money because I actually had 2 rooms. I said yeah bt one was full of ants and I never got a good night sleep because I had to remove all my stuff. Then was told well my daughter slept in there, I said yes because I wanted her to get rest so she would not be tired the next day. They ran out of food in the lobby for breakfast also, the female (not pleaset at all) at the front desk said we already put out 2 dozen donuts and not putting out more. Well you probably had 30 rooms booked and2 dozen donuts??? While I was waiting for the manager in the lobby , she had 2 of the donuts and the mainteneance man had 2 alos. so I guess they feed the workers and screw the customers... AWFUL HOTEL AND SERVICE

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank CLTTLC
HotelPigeonForge, Manager at Hotel Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2009

It is strange that this guest never meantioned anything about any smell to the front desk.
This room has new carpet and new mattresses. It is true that unfortunatly this guest encountered sugar ants on the vanity table close to the entrance door. The vanity table is in the hallway and the ants was never in the room it self or close to any beds. The maintenance man has sprayed for ants and also our monthly exterminator company has taken care of any resedue of any sugar ants.
We moved this guest to a different room but his daughter was still sleeping god in the first room they had. We refunded this guest money for half of 1 nights room rent and also sent him a gift certificate for 50% off for future stay.
For the record our Maintenance man has never eaten any of our doughnuts, he do not like them and he has been with the property for 6 years.
This guest must have mistaken an other guest for our maintenance man.
If this guest waited in the lobby from 5:00am to 9:00am and he did not get any doughnuts, that is very strange. We start serving breakfast at 06:00am. he should have been first guest for breakfast that morning.
We tried to please this guest but unfortunatly we did not succeed. It happens that even if you keep a clean hotel or even a clean privat house that the ants can come in and look for food.
In this incident the ants found a partly eaten lollipop that they went after.
The litle ant problem has been taken care of.

Reviewed October 12, 2009

The closer you get the Gatlinburg the nastier and more expensive the rooms get so we always stay in Pigeon Forge.

This Baymont was a very nice hotel. Smelled and looked clean, service was friendly and helpful and there were no bad surprises. Our room was larger then most 'middle of the road' hotel rooms.

We will stay there again, for sure.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IMIUBU
Reviewed September 6, 2009

Oh my, after traveling for hours on the road we came into Pigeon Forge and nowhere to stay as it is a busy weekend. Went to several Hotels in the area and started to head back to Knoxville and saw their sign so we pulled in and got a room and paid 1/2 the price of most hotels in the area. Room was clean, employees were friendly, outdoor pool is salt water and just relaxing. I am so glad we found this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2009

The Group had a wonderful trip and everyon in the group enjpyed there stay the STAFF was excellent
the room are being updated and the price is reasonable. A nice place to stay for the price.

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank granmagg
Reviewed July 6, 2009

My husband and I were honeymooning this past week in Gatlingburg and Pigeon Forge. After staying in Gatlinburg for a few days at the Bearskin Lodge we thought it would be nice to go into Pigeon Forge for awhile. We booked Hotel Pigeon Forge at 7:00 p.m on Tuesday night and checked in at noon on Wednesday. The staff was very helpful and nice. We walked into our room to discover a musty smell where at the first sniff my asthma kicked in telling me there was mold in the room. After looking the room over my husband and I found about half an inch of dust on the lamp shades that were also broken, wallpaper peeling off the walls, the smell that was horrible. We discusse our options of staying or leaving. We had only been there for about 15 minutes when my husband said he was going to go and try to get our money back. They wouldn't refund our money because we were told there was a 72 hour cancellation period, which was funny because we hadn't even had the reservations for 72 hours. After he returned we discussed either not getting our money back and going somewhere else or sucking it up and staying. We decided that we could rough it for the night. I was a little chilly in the room so I pulled thecovers back to find large brown spots all over the sheets!!!!! I quickly got up and told him I was not staying here. He went down to the reception area and told them about the sheets and told them he was checking out and not staying. The manager came out of the elevator and told the receptionist to return his money. Meanwhile I was already waiting for him to return to the room so we could leave. Luckily we hadn't unpacked anything. We then drove around Pigeon Forge looking for somewhere to stay. We knew we were going to dinner at the Apple Barn so we wen to the Comfort Inn and Suites right next to it and had an amazing experience. When we returned home on Thursday I immediatley washed all of our clothes and belongings we took with us and our suitcases are still in our barn. I would not recommend staying here AT ALL!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cbrandenburg7
Reviewed June 19, 2009

definately one of the older hotels in the area. Not a clean environment. Not pleased with the accomadations.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank ts1379
Reviewed June 15, 2009

The staff at this hotel was very friendly and accomodating to our needs. We came to this hotel for a local baseball tournament and the staff went above and beyond our expectations to ensure our needs were met. The baseball tournament inaccurately advertised that this particular hotel had microwaves and refrigerators in EVERY room. This was not the case but since many of us planned on having these luxuries, some of us brought food and drinks that required refrgieration or heating. The staff went out and purchased these appliances for those of us who needed them in our rooms. They kept the pool open later for the guests- specifically the baseball teams, so that they could relax and enjoy themselves after a long hot day in the sun. They were very patient with 8 different teams of rowdy boys ages ranging from 10-12 years old. The beds were a little umcomfortable and the location was a little difficult to enter coming from Sevierville but it was still an enjoyable stay and we will return in the future.

• Stayed: June 2009