“Hotel Pigeon Forge”

Ranked #68 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
West Virginia
“Hotel Pigeon Forge”
Reviewed August 18, 2009

The Group had a wonderful trip and everyon in the group enjpyed there stay the STAFF was excellent
the room are being updated and the price is reasonable. A nice place to stay for the price.

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank granmagg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Martinsville, Oh
Reviewed July 6, 2009

My husband and I were honeymooning this past week in Gatlingburg and Pigeon Forge. After staying in Gatlinburg for a few days at the Bearskin Lodge we thought it would be nice to go into Pigeon Forge for awhile. We booked Hotel Pigeon Forge at 7:00 p.m on Tuesday night and checked in at noon on Wednesday. The staff was very helpful and nice. We walked into our room to discover a musty smell where at the first sniff my asthma kicked in telling me there was mold in the room. After looking the room over my husband and I found about half an inch of dust on the lamp shades that were also broken, wallpaper peeling off the walls, the smell that was horrible. We discusse our options of staying or leaving. We had only been there for about 15 minutes when my husband said he was going to go and try to get our money back. They wouldn't refund our money because we were told there was a 72 hour cancellation period, which was funny because we hadn't even had the reservations for 72 hours. After he returned we discussed either not getting our money back and going somewhere else or sucking it up and staying. We decided that we could rough it for the night. I was a little chilly in the room so I pulled thecovers back to find large brown spots all over the sheets!!!!! I quickly got up and told him I was not staying here. He went down to the reception area and told them about the sheets and told them he was checking out and not staying. The manager came out of the elevator and told the receptionist to return his money. Meanwhile I was already waiting for him to return to the room so we could leave. Luckily we hadn't unpacked anything. We then drove around Pigeon Forge looking for somewhere to stay. We knew we were going to dinner at the Apple Barn so we wen to the Comfort Inn and Suites right next to it and had an amazing experience. When we returned home on Thursday I immediatley washed all of our clothes and belongings we took with us and our suitcases are still in our barn. I would not recommend staying here AT ALL!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank cbrandenburg7

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

indiana
Reviewed June 19, 2009

definately one of the older hotels in the area. Not a clean environment. Not pleased with the accomadations.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank ts1379
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed June 15, 2009

The staff at this hotel was very friendly and accomodating to our needs. We came to this hotel for a local baseball tournament and the staff went above and beyond our expectations to ensure our needs were met. The baseball tournament inaccurately advertised that this particular hotel had microwaves and refrigerators in EVERY room. This was not the case but since many of us planned on having these luxuries, some of us brought food and drinks that required refrgieration or heating. The staff went out and purchased these appliances for those of us who needed them in our rooms. They kept the pool open later for the guests- specifically the baseball teams, so that they could relax and enjoy themselves after a long hot day in the sun. They were very patient with 8 different teams of rowdy boys ages ranging from 10-12 years old. The beds were a little umcomfortable and the location was a little difficult to enter coming from Sevierville but it was still an enjoyable stay and we will return in the future.

• Stayed June 2009
1 Thank NurseDawgJess
Cincinnati
Reviewed June 15, 2009

The Hotel Pigeon Force Inn & Suites. http://hotel-pigeonforge.com/

Our baseball team stayed at the Hotel Pigeon Forge Inn & Suites. The place was a dump. Our room smelled like an old shoe and the shower curtain was covered in mold. Furniture and carpet were worn and dirty. Matresses were stored in the stair wells and there was a deadbolt on an exit door (I believe that is against fire code). I can’t believe that a hotel is able to operate in that condition. The hotel was not sanitary and should be closed. There is only one word to describe this place: DISGUSTING

DO NOT STAY HERE.

3 Thank Sluggo43
Tennessee
Reviewed June 5, 2009

My stay at Hotel Pigeon Forge was above my expectations. Due to the friendly staff that helped me book all the show tickets at discounted rates, we had a very good time. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Smokies.
Connie Tennessee

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank connieTennessee
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 31, 2009

I recently stayed at this hotel with a group for a softball tournament. The rooms were small and fairly dirty. The second morning my daughter woke to find small brownish red bugs crawling all over her bed... in the sheets. When I told management they told me the exterminator said they were ticks! I know what a tick looks like and that wasn't it! they could only switch my room because i was staying with a group. The next morning my husband woke up covered in red bumps/bites all over his torso. He had laid without a shirt on the bed. This was obviously not a good experience for my family. Now I have to wash everything we brought into that nasty room. I can't even bring it into the house. Disgusting.

• Stayed May 2009