“Good place, reasonable price”
Review of Hotel Pigeon Forge

Hotel Pigeon Forge
Ranked #68 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
New Lebanon, Ohio
“Good place, reasonable price”
Reviewed September 25, 2008

Recently stayed at Hotel Pigeon Forge during softball tournament. It may not be a 5-star hotel, but it served its purpose. The pool area is great for kids to play and for parents to enjoy the mountain view. The view from the deck is AWESOME! Area to grill outdoors and picnic. A few minor problems with check-in/rooms, but overall it was a great place. The staff quickly responded to any problems and were very accommodating.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Lack of indoor pool and fitness facility. Needs larger laundry service room for guests
  • Stayed July 2008
2 Thank OHsoftballmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2008

I was looking for a quiet getaway that was still in the city limits and I found it! They have this deck that overlooks the city and the mountains; and let me tell you that when the sun sets, it is a vision from heaven. The beds are perfect for my back and I slept like a baby the whole time.
The staff was very friendly and assisted us with area information and even saved us some money on show tickets. One lady even recommended a great place called Wonderworks that my kids thoroughly enjoyed. The building was built upside down and they thought that was the coolest thing.
The new owners are really trying to spruce up the place and all improvements take time. I will definitely be booking my future stays with them.

• Liked — The quiet surroundings
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank texaswoman2008
Nashville
Reviewed August 21, 2008

This is a great family place to stay. The Staff and owners are very nice and are working hard to make up grades to the property. I would recomend this Hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank happymouse42
ky
Reviewed August 18, 2008

We recently stayed at this hotel for a softball tournament: For the great group rate we received we couldn't beat it. They even left flowers in our room welcoming our softball team. The hotel staff was very nice they got us everything that we ask for. The large deck overlooking the parkway was very peaceful. We all went out there and gathered. They do have breakfast every morning however since we had to be on the ball field early we didn't get to eat there. This hotel is a quite place to stay if you don't want to be right down in the middle of the parkway. I would definetly stay here again.

• Liked — The great price
  • Stayed August 2008
1 Thank KySoftball
Indiana
Reviewed August 15, 2008

3 star hotel NO WAY!!! This is a "no star" hotel. Rooms are filty dirty, we had to put towels over the furniture just to sit down. My 9 year old daughter started crying because she didn't want to sleep there. One night was all we could take. There's more but I think I've shared enough.

• Disliked — Dirty
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank tksksks

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Tennessee
Reviewed July 30, 2008

This hotel has recently changed ownership, along with that the new owners have inherited many problems with this building due to the fact it was neglected for several years.

However all the issues that have been expressed in comments on this site are being addressed but it does take time with a property of this size; (i.e.: carpet, which is scheduled to be replaced sometime in either January or February of next year)

Additional improvements are being made, again however it will take some time before it is all implemented.

On a personal note I have never been a fan of this site having worked in the hospitality industry most of my life. I have many friends that work at hotels in the area and they recieve the same comments on this site. I'm beginning to think that this site is merely for those who are just negative, which to me is not very helpful when planning a trip.

Thank you for your time....

• Stayed July 2008
1 Thank soliloquize
kentucky
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I now understand why when I booked online they didn't just take one night payment for reservation. I definitely wouldn't have stayed the 2nd night if I could have gotten my money back. The carpets were nasty. The only good thing about this hotel was the massaging shower head. Really needed it after sleeping on the hard bed. I know this hotel has just recently changed ownership and they do seem to be trying to fix it up. If a bed and shower is all you want this maybe the place for you. We got up early and stayed out late and it was still hard to sleep there. We decided to stay another night , but went somewhere else.

• Liked — The massaging shower head.
  • Disliked — The nasty carpet
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family