“Hotel was just okay” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #69 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Hotel was just okay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

In order to call a room smoke free.....you need the room across the hall to be smoke free. Our room smelled of smoke even though it was designated no smoking. If smoke doesn't bother you then this hotel is fine. I will say the breakfast was good.

Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Social Circle, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

The staff at the desk were really great. Our room smelled strongly of some cleaning chemical and the staff offered a fan to put in the window to air it out. Eventually changed rooms and the only problem was getting towels replaced and toilet paper replenished. The shower pressure was good, no microwave in our room and the frig was not plugged in, no place to plug into. I don't think the cleaning crew were doing their job.
Don't think about walking the streets because you will need to take your car, that hill is steep! Really beautiful view and friendly staff, breakfast had biscuits and gravy on Sat. and Sun. No refunds if you check out early.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Karen J
Blackshear, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Ths was next to the worst hotel I have ever stayed in for my whole 61 years. My husband and I just got back from Pigeon Forge Vacation where everything was perfect except the HOTEL. We stayed 3 nights and our room was NOT cleaned for 3 days. We had to get our own towels, toliet paper, coffee/condiments, cups, light bulbs etc. We reported to front desk each day and their answer was" I'M SORRY, HOUSEKEEPING IS GONE." The maid signed the worksheet as if she had cleaned the room. This is unexcusable to run a hotel in such a manner. I hope this review will help someone elese not to make the same mistake we did. There are too many beautiful places to stay at Pigeon Forge,so don't get sucked into this.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DIANE D

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Mystic, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Can't say I'm the biggest fan of Pigeon Forge, but this hotel made the experience special. I had an excellent stay with wonderful staff and a comfortable room. I never felt unsafe and I looked forward to returning to my room. It's a very ideal location for those who are looking to see what Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg have to offer. I made trips to Gatlinburg often in my long stay! I never had any complaints; and I am picky when it comes to hotel cleanliness. I plan on recommending this place to friends who may stop by. Plus, there's a pool. I like to swim, don't you? And you can see the mountains. Mountains! With the sunset atop the hill, there's little to top that image.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tasha H
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Hotel Pigeon Forge was such a wonderful experience. The staff was extraordinarily kind and helpful. The location is great for a Dollywood vacation, all of the best pigeon forge attractions, and a short drive to the mountain trails in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Lionlauren12
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at Hotel Pigeon Forge. I lived here for 2 months with a campus ministry and greatly enjoyed what the hotel had to offer. The staff is super friendly and very helpful. The rooms are spacious and have everything you could need. The location is also wonderful, right on the main strip of Pigeon Forge attractions and minutes away from Dollywood. I would recommend Hotel Pigeon Forge to anyone! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Pigeon Forge for two months this summer, and was absolutely amazed by the amount of work put in by the staff. They were always looking to make our stay comfortable and were really good at caring for their guests. The hotel felt like a home, and it was always clean and picked up. I really enjoyed the location because it is set back off the road allowing for more peace and quiet, but it is also right by a lot of the major attractions in the area. I would totally recommend this hotel to people and families that are looking for a place to stay in Pigeon Forge!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family