“Rate was good for the room we got” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Pigeon Forge

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Pigeon Forge
Ranked #69 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Rate was good for the room we got”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The room was clean and the staff was extremely friendly. They helped us withwhatever we asked for, directions, packages for attractions, etc... We went to a show and bought the tickets at the hotel. This saved time and money. Our kids liked the salt water pool. My wife loved the view of the mountains from the pool. We recommend this hotel for everyone traveling to the Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg area.
Mark from Charlotte

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Concord, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

The hotel appears MUCH nicer on the website than it does in reality.
After checking in my room, I noticed there was ice cream left in the trash can, pubic hairs on the toilet seat, long hair in the bath tub, there wasn't any toilet paper and the manager claimed he "forgot to clean the room."
While swimming, I kept noticing the manager standing in one of the rooms looking out of the window while I saw and laid out to tan. That was VERY creepy.
At one point during my stay, they shut the water off for an entire day and it ruined all of my plans that I had made so, I wasted a day of my vacation in a dirty hotel room.

6 Thank kierstyn2011
HotelPigeonForge, Manager at Hotel Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
The Manager does not clean the rooms and he does not care about the 14 year old young lady that was sun bathing by the pool. This girl was her with her grand parents and I do not think she has her story straight.
We unfortunatly had to turn of the water for 1 day and all guest were prenotified about the event.
Some times you can not help if you get a water leak, you have to repair the leak.
I feel sorry for her that she did not like the room and service.
Her grand parents was very nice and liked the room and did not have any complaints at all.
I think the grandparents are returning back next year.
Best Regards,
Manager

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Sevierville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

Upon arrival, you can tell that this is an old hotel. I was afraid of the cleanliness at first glance, but once inside, it's not bad at all. It IS old.. so it needs a bit of updating, but overall it was suitable for a weekend stay. But what was most impressive was the friendliness of all of the staff. They are very eager to help in any way they can, and very warm and welcoming. I would recommend this hotel if you are in the area, but if you're looking for glitz and glam, you better find one a bit newer.

1 Thank lostcajun
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

Ok, Where to begin. This hotel is just old and in desperate need of a renovation. I will say that the staff is super nice. When you arrive and walk in, you sort of feel like you are at a mix between your 90 year old grandmothers house and a funeral home. Hallways are dim with flower arrangements hanging on the walls. So, you think, ok maybe it's not so bad, then you open the door to your room. Shew. Old. Bathroom, shower has water stains all over it. Beds are terrible, cheap mattresses with sheets that won't stay on, there was no blanket on the bed, only the top sheet and comforter, gross. I saw chewing gum wrappers and peanuts in the floor that hadn't been vacuumed from the previous guest. Scratches on walls. Dust on curtains. Dead ladybugs all in the heater at the window. The next morning at breakfast, they did have a decent selection. Gravy and biscuits an donuts, bagels. I pick a bagel with cream cheese, open the cream cheese and it's green! Gross! Sorry folks, but for 80 bucks a night, you can do better in Pigeon Forge. Like I said, the staff was really nice, but that's really all I can say good about this place.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
6 Thank vanomad
Portage, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

We are an Indiana Family of four that was looking to head to the Smoky Mountains in July 2011. Back in June we scheduled our stay at Hotel Pigeon Forge after reading some reviews for this hotel and considering the amazing prices for being in the heart of Pigeon Forge. I wanted to stay at a hotel that had a pool (this is standard), a view (duh, I'm heading to the Smokies for a reason), and all for the right price. Here's my review...

The Best: AWESOME VIEW! - this was the main reason we chose to stay at this hotel, located right of the main drag on a hill with an amazing 180 degree view of mountains. At sunset, the unobstructed view of the mountains in the west allow you to take in the full beauty of why you are there as you watch the beautiful sun crest just behind the ridge.

The Good: Decent pool area (needs a little work but nice view of mountains from the pool), decent weekend breakfast (Fri-Sun = biscuits and gravy), clean room (we had two full beds), elevator, deck overlooking the Smokies, hotel on a hill and not right on the drag (we were close to everything), some of the best hotel prices for the area.

The Bad: No whirlpool (these have become as standard as having a pool), very basic weekday breakfast, air conditioners either not on or not working (in the lobby, elevator, and hallways), outdated rooms and lobby, only one washer and dryer (we opted to use a nearby laundry mat), Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are tourist traps if not careful (beware).

All in all a good stay. One piece of advice; we requested a tour of another room just to have an idea for next time we come and I have to say a family of four would probably be more happy in a room with a King and Sofa Sleeper, because the room with two full beds can get a little small after four nights. Also, one of the nighttime front desk people (can't remember his name) recommended that if you decide to come in the fall; book your room in April or early May. We plan to visit this hotel next fall ourselves!

Room Tip: Clean Rooms, Nice Room Options, Decent Air Conditions, Good Channel Selections, Small Bathrooms, Roo...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank OccasVacationer
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

Greatest Hotel in Pigeon Forge. Have staed in Pigeon Forge since Sept. 1991. Stayed June 24 and 25th 2011. Stay was wonderful. Staff was Great. Clean, friendly and well worth the money. We recommend this hotel to everyone. The Management and staff cares about each person that stays there. Would rate more stars if possible...great hotel great memories. Thank You!!

Room Tip: Clean, Friendly well worth the money.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mountains217
Alexandria,Ky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

I always carry a small black jewelry pouch with me whenever we travel. Whenever we leave the room I always put it in my purse and carry it with me. We were in Pigeon Forge to watch our grandaughters play softball and Saturday morning I changed purses and somehow the little black pouch did not make it into the other bag. Nothing else was gone in the room, nothing else was touched. Just my jewelry was gone.

I'm a behavioral specialist and the most telling statement from the staff was the total lack of surprise! There was not a "we are sorry", I haven't received an email today or a phone call from the manager saying " we are so sorry that happened at our place." NOTHING IT SEEMS TO BE NORMAL- IT ALL SEEMS TO BE NORMAL TO THEM.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple