“Our Fall Vacation”

Golfview Vacation Rentals at GolfView Resort
Johnsonville, Sc
“Our Fall Vacation”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The condo was a great place for the 4 of us adults. It had plenty of towels and extra pillows and blankets. It is just minutes from the Parkway and Dollywood. The condo was very clean and fairly well stocked. Check in was quick and easy.This was our 4th time staying at Golfview Resort and we love it every time. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: It would be nice if there could be a few coffee filters and trash bags for those (like us) that forg...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Blacksburg, Virginia, Usa
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We rented a two-bedroom for two nights. The condo was very nice and clean and close to the action. We spent one day in the National Park and one day riding Go-Karts. The indoor pool was a big hit also. The water was the warmest pool water I have ever felt (and that's a good thing). We will definitely consider staying here again on our next trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife booked a 2 bedroom condo with a sleeper sofa for ourselves and our two college age kids For 3 nights for my birthday. Upon driving in from NC and arriving around 7 pm. There was no one to be found in the office as it was locked up tight. After riding the entire facility we finally found some good people that explained that our key way probably in the mailbox at the office. .we had no idea as no one had bothered to tell us but we drove back down and checked. .it was there. Upon entering the condo it seemed to be ok on first glance. We found some old pretzels and chips littering the floor but were willing to overlook it..of course after the drive everyone had to run to the restroom. .There was about a quarter roll of tissue in each bathroom. .that was all to be found. ..we overlooked it and figured I would let them know the next day. So we drove into Gatlinburg which is around 6 miles away. That's a plus and also close to Dolly wood. When we returned we were ready to sleep so my daughter was going to sleep on the pull out sofa. ..she pulled it out and omg...it looked as if something or someone had died there. Huge black and brown stains of only God knows what covered the bottom and top of the mattress. .not a small spot. .not a water stain..it was about a 3 foot stain....needless to say. .she didn't sleep there. The master bedroom had a whirlpool so I thought maybe I'll have a relaxing bath...After running some water and seeing. .stuff floating around I changed my mind...do these people not clean these condo's? ....next day I go down to the main office to let them know what is going on..they open at 9 am...about 9:20 a young lady pulls up and opens the door. .ignoring me as she was busy on her phone. ..I explain only about the matress and she puts in a order to have it fixed. ..we go uptown and come back at lunch and the maintenance guy who is very nice is changing out the matress. Says he sent pics to the manager and she was upset that this happened. We didn't stay around as to not get in the way but on the way out stopped to inquire about the toilet tissue situation. The young lady was rude and asked didn't I see the yellow paper in my room with the number on it if I had issues. She said I should have called immediately. ..remember. ..This is the place that I had to find my own key. ..lol. at that point I told her of the other issues also. Well as of today wichis 2 days later I still had no tissue for the restrooms other than what I had bought. When I called I was told that maybe they could find someone to run some up to me but I may be better served to go downstairs to the laundry. .maybe someone is there. .so I did...There wasn't. ..I had to get in my vehicle and drive to the front office to ask for tissue. I was told that management was giving me a voucher for a 1 night free stay to use when I wanted. ..for my trouble. .I said I live 7 hours away and probably won't be back soon. .if you want to do something just discount me a night on this stay....evidently that's unheard of...lol...so in closing...be smart and just stay somewhere else. .even when I used to travel and stay in hotels I never have had customer no service like this. .thanks for listening. .

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank tnteason
Edward N, Manager at Golfview Vacation Rentals at GolfView Resort, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Sir, when you booked through a third party, I don't think you reviewed our Guest Agreement. The reason I think this is because it spells out where your keys and documents are located in an after-hours check in event. I'm sorry this wasn't communicated to you. We take great pride in providing the same attentive service to our third party bookings as we do all the others. We'll be checking in to what the third parties provide to our guests in an effort to correct any lack of communication. You can read our policies on our website if you'd like to read what we hope you would be provided.

I'm confused about the pretzel/chip issue because your unit was thoroughly cleaned and then brutally inspected (other than the sleeper sofa) prior to your arrival.

I did speak to your housekeeper about stocking more toilet paper under the cabinets. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Also, we now pull out every sleeper sofa and inspect the mattress and the mechanism, even if it appears not to have been used.

We spent over $500 correcting the sleeper sofa issue (new mattress, and we decided to replace the mechanism at the same time) to accommodate the more than 2 people that you stated in your third party booking. I'm aware you were disappointed we we didn't gratuitously upgrade you to a 3 bedroom, as you requested the next morning, but A) we were booked, and B) our units are individually owned and we hardly ever move a checked in reservation. We honestly feel our tremendous effort resolved your issue with a more than satisfactory result.

I'm sorry you disagree...

Best regards,
Tina Nelson
Services Manager
Golfview Vacation Rentals
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The condo was nice and clean but.... We could not set on the balcony because of BUGS.
I went to office and asked them to clean them away,I was told that our building has an infestation
and they do not know what kind of Bugs they are.

On line they had 6 Condos to choose from,why put us in a building that had a Bug issue?
The walkways needed cleaning,you need to wash your own towels and the bed was hard.

It was close to things to do and you can hear the train whistle from Dollywood.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm so sorry that you (and other guests) were bothered by the black beetles released by the National Park Service (before the shut down) to save the Hemlocks from annihilation. The black beetles (a type of lady bug) eat the larvae of the bugs that eat the Hemlocks.

The black beetle infestation was annoying to the guests and housekeepers, and vicariously to the Front Desk. The beetles are now part of the environment to save the majestic Hemlock trees, just like the soot from the beloved Dollywood train has been part of the environment since 1962 (when it started out as Rebel Railroad). I will say the beetles seem to be swarming somewhere else, now (whew!). The soot is still wreaking havoc with our carpets, but we will deal with it as best we can...

Please accept my sincere apology for the condition of the walkways (the Resort usually looks so manicured and pristine). And, we're working hard to install new bedding by the end of November.

We do provide washers and dryers in each unit, but we don't expect you to wash your own towels; our guests are welcome to exchange their used towels for clean ones at our Front Desk. I promise you we're trying different ways to communicate this to our guests to enhance the comfort of their stay. I'm so sorry we missed the mark with you regarding this important aspect. Again, I do apologize.

We want you to be our guest, regardless if you book through us or a third party.

Best regards,
Tina Nelson
Services Manager
Golfview Vacation Rentals
Hixson
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had a great time at Golfview. The unit was immaculate. The check in was quick and professional. We would recommend this resort to anyone. It is close to town via the shuttle. The indoor and outdoor pools were great. Check out was fast and easy.

Room Tip: Rooms with bedroom facing the golf course were quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for Labor Day weekend. Booked through Cabins USA. Pretty good value but the lady at the resort gave me her card so we could book directly through them next time to save even more. Really nice cabins. Did not know they were a duplex though. The neighbors were a little noisy. Other than that our stay was perfect! We will definatly stay again and again :)

• Stayed September 2013
Harrison, Tennessee
Reviewed August 8, 2013

After several months of planning our annual vacation we decided to try somewhere other than a hotel. I researched cabins and condos and came across Golfview. I let my family know that I had found Golfview and like anywhere else you are always afraid to try some place you have never been. From the time I had called to get rates and more information to the time we checked out we couldn't ask for anything more. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The grounds are very well maintained. We had one little problem with our air conditioner and within 5 minutes of calling the front desk someone was knocking on our door to fix it. Turns out we had turned it down to low and it froze up. We had several rooms and 2 condos between our family and everyone was so excited about me finding Golfview and they say they will never stay in a hotel again when in town. Special thanks to all the staff at Golfview for making our vacation a place to remember and look forward to future visits.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family