“The only place to stay in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg or anywhere that has Hampton Inn & Suites”

Hampton Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge On The Parkway
Ranked #11 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Illinois
Reviewed June 29, 2009

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at The Hampton Inn & Suites and I would never stay anywhere else. We had one of their kitchen suites each time and I can't tell you how nice everything was. This place has the nicest employees I've ever run into traveling, the cleanest rooms and lobby you would ever want. The pool was fantastic as well as the fitness room. One of the best things was the breakfast each morning. A very good variety was served every morning and was exceptionally good. I'm thinking of buying one of the beds and pillows for home since they do sell them. Even our 4 year old grandson said something about how comfortable they were. Both grandchildren want to come back next year. The wireless Internet was fantastic too. The only drawbacks I found were that the hallways were warm except on the first floor, but we weren't in them that long and the pool doesn't have a restroom close. You have to go to the lobby. One in the fitness room would have been nice since it's right by the pool door, but that certainly doesn't sway my thoughts about this place. It's the best in the states and it's at least a 7 star if not more in my books. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
TimothyRice, President at Hampton Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge On The Parkway, responded to this review, July 20, 2009
THANK YOU for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay at the award winning Hampton Inn & Suites on the Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN. It is daily goal to EXCEED our guest's expectations and we are glad to hear that we did. We look forward to your return trip back to Pigeon Forge and the Hampton Inn & Suites on the Parkway. Tim RIce, President, Mountaintop Management, LLC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Tazewell, Virginia
Reviewed June 2, 2009

My husband, Dog, "Sam" and I have stayed at this hotel since we acquired our "dog" because it is Pet Friendly. We have always received the best of service but this stay was beyond what we have ever expected. Our dog has been sick and had surgery about a month ago and has become very attached to us; much like a child. When we tried to leave him in a very large cage in our suite to go to dinner, he cried very loudly and even made sounds like a wolf. Chuck, the desk manager, had told us they would call on my cell phones, if he cried a lot but I knew this was going to get worse and to the point Sam was going to make himself sick. I called to the front desk and Chuck told me to bring Sam to them and he and Kathy would keep him until we could go for dinner. Kathy had not seen us check in so when I took Sam down to the desk, Kathy recognized him and came to talk to him. Well, to make a long story short, they took care of him Friday and Saturday night. They took him for walks and he was fine with them. One of the gentlemen (sorry I cannot remember his name) that works at the Hampton really paid Sam a lot of attention and Sam loved it!!! On Sunday, Linda and Billy took care of Sam at the back of check-in desk until we could go to church. Linda also took Sam for a walk.
We cannot say enough about the employees as how competent, compassionate and helpful they are and this Hampton Inn is very blessed to have such a staff. The suite we stay in is superb and clean. The housekeeping staff on that floor were very helpful, as well, since we do not have room service the whole stay. They make sure we have what we need. I remarked to our Vet today about how "Sam" was taken care of by our Hampton Inn friends and she could not believe it! The management and owner of this hotel should be very proud of your employees because you certainly do not find this everywhere you stay. I have stayed in Hampton Inn Hotels for many, many years and in several states but this one tops them all!!! Thank you Hampton Inn & Suites employees in Pigeon Forge for all your kindness. We will not forget you.

Dwight & Betty Conn - and of course, "Sam"

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank redhedad
THANK YOU for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites on the Parkway, Pigeon Forge. I personally will share your comments with the staff and management of the hotel concerning your recent stay. It is our daily goal to exceed our guest's EXPECTATIONS and that includes our four-legged guests as well. I am glad to hear that SAM was a satisfied guest as well. THANKS again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Tim Rice, President, Mountaintop Management, LLC.
Celebration, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2009

We stayed at this hotel back in March of 2009 and have stayed at this hotel on several occasions. Check in was quick and easy, all of the front desk staff were nice and provided any needed assistance. The lobby area is so nice that I could have relaxed on the couches for half the day. The continental breakfast had a nice variety of hot items which is pretty unusual for this hotel level and helped us save money on having to eat out for breakfast. There is a computer in the main lobby plus wi-fi in all of the rooms which worked very well.

The room is your typical Hampton Inn room, it had the new Hampton beds which are the most comfortable beds I have slept on in a hotel room and the room itself was very spacious. Finally, the hotel sits a little bit off the main Parkway which reduces the amount of noise that you get in the room. Overall in the couple times that I have stayed at this hotel I have never had an issue, if you are staying in Pigeon Forge you can not really go wrong here. Rates during the weekdays and off season can be pretty reasonable, especially compared to other higher end hotels.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
TimothyRice, President at Hampton Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge On The Parkway, responded to this review, July 22, 2009
First of all...THANK YOU for being a RETURN GUEST...welcome back! The staff and management of the hotel love to see our return guests. I will share your comments with them and they will be thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay and they EXCEEDED your expectations. We look forward to your NEXT STAY! Tim Rice, President, Mountaintop Management, LLC.
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed April 21, 2009

My family and I decided to take a "recession vacation". So instead of Disney this year we decided to try Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Dollywood. As I started to research the area I was dismayed to find that many hotels in the area were older and that there were very few suite hotels.

We have a toddler and like to have a two room suite so that we can put the baby down in one room at his 7pm bedtime, but momma and I don't have to go to sleep until WE'RE ready. I came across the Hampton Inn and called to ask whether their suites had two rooms separated by a door. It did. So after a little more shopping I settled on the Hampton. I emailed the hotel manager and requested that the sofa-bed in the second room be made up for my son when we arrive. I received an email back in less than an hour acknowledging my request. So far so good!

We drove into Pigeon Forge from the north (I40). I was a little dismayed to find that the hotel was on the northern edge of Pigeon Forge. This was both good and bad. Good because the area where the hotel is located is not in the "thick" of the touristy town, and is right across the street from a few shows and restaurants. Bad because, if you're headed to Dollywood or the mountains there are an unreal number of traffic lights in your way. (a day later we found a shortcut to Dollywood that bypassed most of the traffic lights).

The hotel lobby is beautiful, rustic, and clean. The staff is friendly and very attentive. I have nothing but compliments for everyone we dealt with, including the front desk staff, housekeeping, and the people who work the busy breakfast buffet in the morning.

Upon entering our suite, the door opens into a room that included a very well equipped kitchen with oven, microwave, sink, and full size refrigerator. There is also a bar top counter with marble top and a few chairs. The sofa was not opened up. We had to do it ourself -- which isn't BAD, but I mention it only because I specifically requested that it be open and made up so we could immediately put the little man down for his nap (he was asleep in the car and we wanted to get him right into bed).

When we opened the sofa-bed it was, indeed, made up. It is important to note that if you're going to do the same thing that on the sides and back of the mattress there were large gaps. We stuffed pillows down there to prevent our son from getting an arm or leg stuck in there during the night.

There was a short hallway that led to the bathroom sink. (Shower and toilet were in a separate room, sink was in the hallway). The main bedroom (two double beds) was separated by a door on the right.

Ok, two things. First -- sure would've been nice for there to be a king bed option for the suite. My wife and I were pretty cramped in the double and ended up spending the second night in separate beds Ozzie and Harriet style.

Second, because the sink was in the hallway (and we had to cross that hallway to get to the bathroom) we risked waking the little guy when we wanted to brush our teeth or use the restroom in the night. It didn't occur to me to ask about that when I contacted the hotel before we showed up. The good news was that it didn't seem to impact his sleep. BUT, if you're going to do what we did and bring kids in the second room, I thought it would be valuable to let you know.

The master included good high-speed internet access (wireless) and a very nice LCD television.

The swimming pool was outdoor only!!! If you're headed in early spring or late fall when it's too cold to swim outside keep this in mind.

Front desk staff called to check on us twice and even helped us to select restaurants and activities to do with our son. The hotel seemed new, modern, and impeccably clean. We sincerely appreciate everything they did to make us feel at home.

I think if we vacation in the area again we'll probably try to find lodging a little closer to Gatinburg, but if I visit Pigeon Forge for business in the future i'll definitely choose this Hampton Inn. Thanks a million!

2 Thank Mike W
TimothyRice, President at Hampton Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge On The Parkway, responded to this review, April 24, 2009
I wanted to THANK YOU for writing a review. I personally will thank the staff for a job well done. It is our daily goal to EXCEED our guest's expectations and I am glad to hear we did that. Being a pet friendly hotel is very important to us. We enjoy our four legged guests and want to make them as well as their owners comfortable. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return trip to the Hampton Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge and the Pigeon Forge area.
Brecksville, Ohio
Reviewed April 19, 2009

We spent four nights at this hotel for spring break the week after Easter. We are mom, dad and two kids. It was the perfect choice. The hotel and grounds were spotless and well-lit - if there was a problem with lighting as mentioned by previous reviewers it's been fixed. We were warmly greeted at checkin by the front desk staff, who were very helpful to us throughout our stay with all of our questions about the area.

Our room was a 2 queen standard room on the top (sixth) floor. When we opened the door we were greeted with the smell of clean. The room was absolutely spotless. It was a pretty standard Hampton room, flat screen tv, the wonderful beds, small table with chairs, flat screen tv, alarm clock, bed tray. Closet was in the entryway between the bathroom and the bedroom and contained an ironing board and iron.

The bathroom was also standard Hampton, with the green granite countertop with shelving underneath for towels, coffee maker (pot not one cup) and coffee fixins, toiletry holder (standard Hampton brand - sorry I forget the name but its the narrow square bottles they've had the past 2 years or so), curved shower curtain rod, etc.. All SPOTLESS! The only Hampton thing the room was missing was the three peg hanging rack above the toilet - only place to hang anything in the bathroom was one hook behind the door. We really weren't in the room except to sleep so we weren't trying to keep towels or anything straight from multiple showers so I didn't miss this all that much. If anything its absence eliminated the guilt I always feel for not using my towel for more than one day when I travel with family, as with four people in the room I find it impossible to keep track of used towels and who they belong to.

This was also the first hotel I've stayed at with my family in a long time where we've had enough towels for everyone on the first day. It always confuses me why hotels don't put towels for four in the room when its capacity/reservation is for four people - I guess they want to save on laundry. This is not a problem at the Hampton Inn and Suites on the Parkway as I NEVER had to call or write a note to Housekeeping to request more towels so we'd each have a set. Every time they cleaned the room, they left us enough towels for everyone.

As with other Hamptons, breakfast is included. It was a typical Hampton breakfast with two hot items, biscuits, other breads and rolls, cereals, toaster, instant envelopes (oatmeal, grits) and hot water, coffees and teas, milk, juices, etc.. There were a few differences/variations here though. They had three cereal options - Froot Loops, Cheerios, and (I believe) Corn Flakes - in canisters with scoops, rather than the small cereal boxes on the carousel. Rather than the pitchers of milk that constantly need refilled (usually when you want some), they had a dormitory-style milk machine that had skim and 2%. I'd never seen this before at a Hampton but I think it's a great idea. No one has to wait for milk refills at the Hampton on the Parkway.

The hotel also offers some other nice things that we did not take advantage of. There's a heated outdoor pool, a nice looking exercise room, a business center with computer and printer, and a very nicely furnished lobby area with lots of comfortable looking couches and chairs that would be a nice place to sit a spell and talk with friends. High Speed Wireless Internet was free - you get a code at checkin - and worked flawlessly.

There are two elevators to the upper floors and they both ran pretty quickly - never had to wait long for one. Near the elevators are several racks of tourist information pamphlets. They will give you a stack of stuff when you check in but there's lots more here - be sure to check it out as a lot of the pamphlets have coupons not available in the other books. On the Dollywood large brochure there was a great map of Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gaitlinburg that showed you where most of the major attractions and restaurants
were - I found this very very helpful.

While this hotel is at traffic light #0, it is very conveniently located to Dollywood. Make a right out of the hotel toward Sevierville, then another right on Collier Drive. Take Collier Drive to Veterans Parkway and turn right. The entrance to Dollywood parking will be several miles up the road on your left. This is way faster than taking the parkway to Dollywood Lane and has much less traffic. It is also a shortcut to the other end of the Parkway from the hotel as if you continue on Veterans past Dollywood, it will bring you out on the Parkway at Dollywood Lane which I believe is traffic light #8.

This is a pet friendly hotel, and I did see lots of pets being walked around the building. We were not traveling with a pet ourselves so I'm assuming we weren't on a pet floor. Despite the fact that I saw a lot of very well behaved dogs, I never heard any pet noise or smelled any bad pet odors anywhere in the hotel.

We were in a non-smoking room. If you smoke and prefer to go outside to do so rather than trying to get a smoking room, the hotel has areas set up outside with comfortable metal tables and chairs and ashtrays that are under shelter from the elements.

You are right off of the Parkway here, at a red light, so it is pretty easy to get in and out of the Hotel no matter which way you're coming or going on the Parkway. If you don't like to drive a lot there's a trolley stop pretty close to the Hotel also.

We will definitely stay here again in the future!

1 Thank PK_OH
Michigan
Reviewed April 18, 2009

Nice location and access to traffic light, (it helps with busy pkwy), yet is set back far enough that its away from the bustle. Hotel clean and inviting, staff takes pride in keeping it clean and making you feel welcome. Our suite was clean and comfortable, little kitchenette even had dishwashing soap provided avoid having to go out and get some. An extended stay in the room we had would be enjoyable. All the staff we had contact with were great, and seemed genuinely interested in our well being. We enjoyed our stay so much we extended our stay an extra day. However, upon returning home, realized we left a favorite jacket and sweater in room. A quick call to Cathy and she said yes Colleen had found them and had already turned them in for us. Cathy eased our embarrassment, and was very nice about it. She said staff have turned in things before, even including a very large sum of money once. They would be happy to ship it back to us. (we asked that they add it to our charge card.) We certainly know where we'd like to stay if we can get back to Pigeon Forge again.

Morehead, KY
Reviewed March 15, 2009

My husband, daughter and I (along with our two small dogs) just returned from 2 nights at the Hampton Inn (Parkway) at Pigeon Forge. It was a great weekend, even though rainy, much because of this wonderful hotel and staff. We had a one bedroom suite (pet floor) which was very comfortable, clean and stocked with everything you would need for a great stay! There was even a bag of microwave popcorn waiting for us! The pets were very much welcomed. At some pet friendly hotels, you feel your 'best friend' is not really wanted but tolerated. This was not the case at the Hampton Inn. The staff took time to compliment and give attention to our pets. The clean, comfortable beds, well stocked kitchen and complimentary breakfast each morning made for a wonderful stay...not to mention the granite countertops and outstanding, friendly service. One of the most notable things was we did not want our room cleaned so not to upset our pets. A 'maid bag' was placed in front of our door containing fresh towels, shampoo/soap, and even coffee! Have not had this happend before! Have stayed in 4 star hotels on many business trips and this hotel should certainly be considered competition. We will visit this hotel again in the 'near' future. Thanks, Hampton Inn staff!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family