“Good experience”

Hampton Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge On The Parkway
Ranked #12 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for two nights over a holiday weekend. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

We had asking bedroom with a fire place. The room was a good size and clean. It included a microwave and refrigerator which were good to heat up our leftovers from the tremendous portions of food served at the Apple Barn.

The free breakfast had a good assortment of choices. It was really nice that in the afternoons the hotel had cookies, hot apple cider, hot chocolate, as well as coffee and tea in the lobby.

My only negative was we never could get the room cold enough to enjoy the fireplace. We set the thermostat at 68 and the room was always warm, even with the fireplace off. (The outside temperature was 20-40.)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
TimothyRice, President at Hampton Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge On The Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for staying at the award winning Hampton Inn & Suites on the Parkway, Pigeon Forge. We love taking care of our guests and hope that we exceeded your expectations because that is our top priority. I have shared your comments with our management team and our Chief Engineer and the temperature control has been adjusted. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Our fireplace deluxe rooms are wonderful and hope that you arrange another return visit. Thanks again for your business. Tim Rice, President, Mountaintop Management, LLC.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights here the week after Christmas, We chose the hotel based on its excellent Trip Advisor rating and its high rating is accurate.

The lobby is large and laid out with easy chairs, couches, coffee tables and fireplace, giving it a cozy feeling rather than the large open lobby found in many other hotels. It also included tables for use at breakfast. The clerk that checked us in and answered questions during our stay was very friendly and very helpful with information on the area, including restaurants. The hotel is set far back from the main street, behind the commercial property, and was totally quiet from any noise on the busy main street.

Our room with a king-size bed, fireplace, microwave and mini-refrigerator was clean. It was slightly smaller than most other Hampton Inns we've stayed at, but large enough for the two of us. Our flat-screen TV had a nice selection of channels. Wireless internet access worked fine without disconnecting during our stay.

Breakfast was the standard Hampton Inn buffet. The hotel was fully occupied during our stay and a staff of several people kept everything clean and replenished, even with lots of families with children.

We were very pleased with everything during our stay and definitely would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank like2travel1
TimothyRice, President at Hampton Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge On The Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for staying at the award winning Hampton Inn & Suites, Pigeon Forge. We appreciate your comments and I have personally shared them with our staff and management team. We look forward to your return trip. Tim RIce, President, Mountaintop Management, LLC

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Based on previous stays at different Hampton Inn Suites , this was the worst experience from the beginning. First my credit card was being charged more than what my reservation fee was. Second the room was very small . I had breakfast at previous Hampton Inns and this by far was the worst. The waffle syrup had an oily taste, the fruits tasted like soap, and the danish tasted very old.The only thing positive was the cleanliness of the room and how quiet it was. When I called my credit card company to see why my charges were declined although my card has no balance. I choose to use my card with a certain limit because I knew the charges would be under that limit. So when he asked me for a different card because tht one didn't go through I was confused. The card had no balance it was paid off. I called the card company and found out I was being charged more than my confirmed price. The next morning I inquired about why I was being charged more than what the confirmed price was and they had no explanation.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank nuffrespect411

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge. It is our goal to provide legendary guest service to our guests. I have personally reviewed your comments with our management team at the hotel and wanted to provide you with a response. As far as your credit card, we don't charge your credit card in advance and charge your card upon check out. If you used your debit card then the bank places a hold on your funds and releases those after 3 - 5 banking days. That is a standard practice by all banking institutions and merchants that accept debit cards. We realize that breakfast is such an important part of your stay at the Hampton Inn and I assure you I have personally reviewed our service and product standards. I hope that you will give us another try to earn back your business. We are in the business of exceeding our guest's expectations. Tim Rice, President, Mountatinop Management, LLC.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

All I have to say Is once again Another Bad Experience

Room - Dirty

Breakfast - Horrible

Staff - Terrible

This stay the staff was Terrible especially in Breakfast & Front Desk

WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank David J

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Seldom do we receive such a bad comment for the award winning Hampton Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge. I would like to receive more details about your stay. I have personnally written you asking for more specific comments in order that I can solve the problems that you mentioned. It is our daily goal to exceed our guest's expecations and we consistently do that one guest at a time. I look forward to your response and I assure you I will personally take care of any guest service issues. Tim Rice, President, Mountaintop Management, LLC.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Lets just say --I picked this hotel because it is pet friendly up to 80# dog. We checked in Saturday around 2pm - yes our room was ready -- 1st floor room too. After driving around to the side door and getting our luggage and German Shepard out of the truck - our GSD is handicapped so requires a wagon to get around - the staff spoke to us about Grizzlys condition and even offered us a upgrade to a suite @ no charge - (to give Grizzly more room).

The room its self is a very nice room (go stay down on the strip in Gatlinburg - and try to find a pet-friendly room as nice as the Hampton offers -Good luck!) very clean - I could smell no foul odors in the room or the lobby -- NO pet smells!!

Breakfast in the morning was eggs - biscuits n gravy - fruit - breads - muffins -cereal - fresh waffles - yogurt - coffee/milk/juice...

This is one of the nicest - if not the best overall - considering amenities - staff friendliness -cleanest hotels I have stayed at the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area...btw..Im a local living within 40 minutes of the area -- I have stayed at plenty of hotels in this area!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cillaclarke

Thank you for staying at the award winning Hampton Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge. Our staff and management team strive to provide legendary guest service. We love taking care of our guests and look forward to your return trip. Tim RIce, President, Mountaintop Management, LLC.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This should be called the teeny tiny hotel. The rooms are way too small. The floor 1 and 2 are "pets welcome" floors,and they smell like wet dog. Peepee puddle by the elevator was there for 24 hours or longer. Rooms were fairly clean, not bad at all. Bathrooms worn out, tub grey looking.

Staff is very nice, helpful. Free cookies, cider, popcorn is a nice touch. Breakfast is ok. The lobby is lovely, with tv's, many couches,chairs, high top tables. Really warm and welcoming.

I would look for a palce with bigger rooms. These are 1/2 rooms. Crazeeee

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jhcatgirl

Thank you for staying at the award winning Hampton Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge and taking the time to write a review. I personally have reviewed your comments with the staff and management team in order that we can improve our service and facility. As you mentioned in your review, we do offer pet friendly rooms for our guests traveling with their four legged family members. These guest rooms and floors are maintained to the highest degree of cleanliness as prescribed by Hilton Hotels and local health department officials. Our staff is trained on how to deep clean each pet friendly room after each guest departure. Our guest rooms consist of twenty six - two room suites that offer 900 square footage and the remainder of our deluxe guestrooms are over 300 square feet in size which are larger then typical hotel rooms. I'm sorry we did not exceed your expecations during your stay. I hope that you will give us another try to earn back your business. Tim RIce, President, Mountaintop Management, LLC.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We just spent two nights at this Hampton. I was very pleased with how friendly and helpful the staff was to us. The rooms were clean and pretty typical for a Hampton. The breakfast to go was a great treat to take on the road with us for our trip home. They had fresh popped popcorn and cookies with cider for us in the evenings which was a nice treat. :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank thiery688

Thank you for selecting the award winning Hampton Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge. I have shared your comments with our staff and management team of the hotel. We love taking care of our guests and look forward to your return trip. Tim Rice, President, Mountaintop Management, LLC>