“littlemolo”

The Inn On The River
Ranked #2 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Very nice hotel. Our guest service representative, Liz, was very nice and helpful. Great location to all events in Pigeon Forge. Breakfast was very good - a nice selection of food. Bathrooms were a little small - sink space was limited.

Room Tip: Rooms with a fireplace are recommended.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Thank you for a wonderful review of The Inn On The River and for recognizing our great staff! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I just don't understand why so many people rate this hotel so high. It doesn't appear to have been remodeled in the last few years, staff is ok but definitely not exceptional, room was ok but not clean, public spaces showed signs of wear and lack of attention (cobwebs, dirty vents, etc)... I could go on and on. For the money it costs to stay here, you could stay at one of the nicer and newer chain hotels right up the street. The river is a nice feature, but the path is dangerous and I am surprised it isn't an insurance liability. Breakfast was ok but not enough room for everyone to sit when it is busy. I agree with the other review about the pool area, it was freezing in there and my young son even wanted to leave.
Definitely will not make this mistake again... with all the hotels in the area, you can definitely do better!

Room Tip: Don't get stuck in the second building! You have to walk through the pool to go from your room t...
2  Thank J D
innontheriver, General Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on The Inn On The River. We are a 20-year-old hotel and have architectural plans for a multimillion-dollar renovation in 2014 that includes both the exterior and interior. Each of your comments was discussed at my weekly staff meeting and we are making all possible corrections. Our landscape architect’s January project is our riverfront path and timber replacement. Which he is working on today. I do take your comments seriously and would like to discuss it further with you to hopefully satisfy your needs. Please contact me on my cell (865.257.7775) or my email: karl@myinnontheriver.com

Karl Thomas

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We were on our way to Murfreesboro Tn and decided to stop over in Pigeon Forge for the night. It was the day after Christmas and traffic was bumper to bumper. We checked several hotels before we settled on this one, we were exhausted so we didn't care how much we paid. Our room was clean, very comfortable, it was overlooking the river. The beds were great and we did sleep very soundly. We won't stay here again because of the $$.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our rates do vary depending on the time of year and special events. Please contact the hotel directly before you travel to get the best available rates next time.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We thought the Inn on the River was very clean, the staff was very nice and courteous. However, major complaint from not just us of how cold it was out by the pool. The air temperature out by the pool was around 70 degrees. The water temp at 86 was okay but when you we're out by the pool and hot tub you felt cold. We told the front desk several times as well as other guests, maintenance man told us that they bought a dehumidifier and spent so many thousand on it and they couldn't raise the air temperature up anymore. At one time there we're 10-12 guests sitting out by the pool and several said they we're not coming back and I feel we probably won't either.

2  Thank Chris T
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I appreciate your comments and would like to discuss your stay with you. Please contact me at your convenience at 800.388.1727 or rebecka@myinnontheriver.com.

Rebecka Urban
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed December 25, 2013

MY husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. We were wanting somewhere nice, romantic but not to far from home. Pigeon forge was convenient, but there are so many hotels we didn't know if we could find a reasonable rate with a little romance.
The Inn by the River fit our needs completely. The room was spacious, beautiful fireplace, huge jacuzzi tub and even a small fridge. We were quite impressed with the staff, every person we encountered was friendly and anxious to help attend to our needs. After dinner we wanted a glass of wine, but only plastic glasses in the room. I called the front desk and they gave us a couple to borrow for the evening. A beautiful touch and even delivered.
Breakfast was really good, very busy, however. I would recommend going early if you stay on the weekend, don't wait until 9 like we did, not even a seat in the breakfast room. Good selection and choices for any taste.

Room Tip: Stay on the river side.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kgardner120

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again next year! Happy Anniversary!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stayed here several times over the years when it was a Hampton Inn, and always enjoyed the setting very much.

The lobby area is roomy and well appointed, and the staff was really great. I booked a room on the river, which I highly recommend for everyone. Don't get me wrong, this is a friendly place and it has always been clean and comfortable, but without the river out back this is just another hotel.

My room was quite comfortable and well appointed, although the bathroom vanity was not great. It was obviously like many of the Hampton vanities, with the open underneath look, but this one was sparse and unattractive with exposed plumbing. The shower was great and the room had everything I needed to either relax or work.

The price was excellent, and that helped seal the deal for me. When this hotel and its riverside rooms are priced competitively, it will continue to be my choice in Pigeon Forge when visiting for work.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room on the river! Also, upstairs at the end of the hall is much more peaceful...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are looking forward to your next trip to Pigeon Forge!

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed with the rooms. Our room had a spacious jacuzzi that was so relaxing. The beds were so comfy. The breakfast was great! My only complaint was some staff that I believe was housekeeping and maintenance went out the patio door (where guests are eating their breakfast) a total of nine times while I are my breakfast. Being this is December it was cold air constantly chilling the guests and our food. Plus the traffic going in and out the door with garbage etc was distracting.
Other than that issue everything else was great!

• Stayed: December 2013
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon!