The Inn On The River
Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$109
Best Western Plaza Inn(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$87
$80
BestWestern.com
Ramada Pigeon Forge North(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$59
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$109
Clarion Inn Dollywood Area(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$55
Creekstone Inn(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Music Road Resort Hotel(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$105
Econo Lodge Riverside(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$199
$179
Hotels.com
Country Cascades Waterpark Resort(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$99
Travelocity
2,657 results
All reviewssweet teafree popcornbath and body worksice waterfire pitwafflesgreat place to staylittle pigeon riverevery eveningfeed the ducksrocking chairseach morningstaff was very friendlyoutdoor poolclean roomsbreakfast barfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My son & I stayed at the Inn on the River for 4 nights in July, and it was really a lovely place to stay! Everyone was so friendly, and it seemed that every employee greets you each morning - from the people washing the windows to the women who are serving breakfast! Speaking of the breakfast - amazing! I've never been to a hotel that serves such a wide variety of foods that are included in the price of your stay. And they don't let it run out if you're a late riser - they continually refill the buffet so that the last people have the same options as the first people. The women who were refilling the items on the buffet (Amy and Valerie) were extremely friendly and helpful and did a fantastic job keeping up with the demands of the service. The rooms were very nice and super clean! (One recommendation if you're a light sleeper - take a little fan or something to block out noise... I did ask for a quiet room, and while they tried to accommodate my request, no one can plan for people who just make a lot of noise when they come to a hotel.) The inn provides coupons for several area restaurants and attractions upon check-in, and I thought that was a very nice touch. In the evenings, there is free popcorn in the lobby that was delicious. They really know how to pamper their guests! I would definitely stay here again, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great, comfortable, friendly place to stay when they are in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area!

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room, and they gave me a room on the 3rd floor in the wing farthest from the lobby. I'd still take a fan or some little noise maker if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for a great review! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is our second time staying at the Inn. This time we brought our two granddaughters. Check-in was no problem. The staff was very friendly. They helped with our tickets to Dollywood and the aquarium. The two pools were a hit for our granddaughters. The breakfast was hot and had lots of variety except the meat choice. Suasage every morning. Our room was clean and comfortable. We requested at check-in for a microwave, It was in our room by the time we got our luggage up to the room. They have plenty of luggage carts. From the look of the Inn, they have been up-grading their facilities. Yes it is nearly twenty years old, but it is still in great shape. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We have stayed on both sides of the Inn. The river side is quieter in the morning. Early departures are sometimes noisy. ( We had a loud motorcycle in the parking lot two mornings)
1  Thank waterguy_12
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for reviewing The Inn On The River! We are happy that you chose to stay with us again and looking forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

oh my gosh it was absolutely wonderful great food free breakfast and they treat you just like family. it's also right where the things to do are at. they have an indoor and outdoor pool. my family and I felt so welcome. the beds were so clean and comfy. when you get up you can go to the 1st floor and get free breakfast ( my favorite is the biscuts, gravy, toast, peanut butter, there was also coffe milk orange juice and cranberry juice.) I felt like family and plan on telling every one about it.

Room Tip: ask for a.j he is so nice
1  Thank Kayla D

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had a difficult time choosing the hotel that will meet my needs. Before I reserved, I used the tripadvisor for the reviews. It was rated 3rd and offered a good deal for the room I wanted. It was a little bit costly (for the review that I have read that it needs to be remodeled), but I took the risk because of the positive reviews. We stayed 4 nights the second week of July. We had the deluxe room with Jacuzzi and balcony facing the river. We enjoyed our stay because our room has the Jacuzzi. The first time we entered the room, it really smelled good and clean. The area of the room was typical to other hotels like Best Western, Hampton Inn etc. Without the deal, a little bit costly compared to Wisconsin Kalahari which has bigger area 2 rooms 2 bath with microwave, ref, fire place, sofa, safety box etc. For me, the size of the Jacuzzi and the area is a “triple A” rating. On the other hand, I was expecting Jacuzzi not jetted tub. The Jacuzzi produces more bubbling water, isn't it? We were expecting the real Jacuzzi. Also, one downside was the ref. It was small for the deluxe room. Next size of the ref would be a plus! I would suggest a microwave inside the room would make it perfect for the same price. There are hotels w/ inexpensive regular rooms that has a bigger ref and microwave ( we have check-in in one of the hotels I'm talking about after our 4th night in your hotel).You have only 2 rooms with Jacuzzi; it would not cost you a lot to have those added, isn't it? When everything was quiet at night, the room aircon was loud. The breakfast was better compared to other hotels we have stayed. I suggest you could change your menus every other day so guest staying for 2 - 4 nights have variety to eat. I'm sure you would be the best hotel. Valerie was nice and greeting us made a good customer service. When we arrived, opposite to most what I have read in the reviews, front desk lady was not friendly and not accommodating. When I ask something, I was expecting front desk clerk would be suggesting something to make our stay more fun. As what most of the hotels do when guest would check-in, front desk clerk didn't even tell us about the breakfast time etc (though I knew it) . She was dry to tell what's going on. She was a one questioned -one answered person. On the other hand, the last day we had, around 9:30pm (after we arrived from our walking adventures) we entered the lobby, the night shift lady was better, all smiles and greeted us. Also, she offered to take our pictures and it was a great feeling! We never ask her to help us but she offered her service. Thanks for that! Chlorine in the swimming pool area bothers us every time we crossed for breakfast. We never have a time to use the pool. We always arrived 9:30pm so pop corn was almost gone. I just don't know if you are refilling it but I didn't see anybody in charge refilling the popcorn. So, I guess you are not refilling it around those hours, am I right? We liked the location. It is conveniently located to all the attractions. Overall, we enjoyed our stay in the hotel. I would recommend your hotel to my friends. With your deals, I'm sure my friends and other people would love to try. So, it's up to you to improve and keep up the good work!

Room Tip: deluxe room with jacuzzi facing the river
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy to read that you found us on TripAdvisor and decided to give us a try! I did look to see how you made your reservation and which room you stayed in, to be able to address all of your questions properly.

You stayed in on of our two Riverside Two Queen Bed Jacuzzi rooms. We do have eight Riverside King Bed Fireplace Jacuzzi rooms. We find that this seems to work out well as not everyone is interested in a Jacuzzi room. All of our rooms do have mini refrigerators and we have microwaves available upon request. Please let us know when you make your next reservation that you would like a microwave and we would be happy to have one delivered to your room.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed breakfast every morning! We do not alternate our breakfast items, but have over 20 items available every day to accommodate all of our guests.

We do serve freshly popped popcorn nightly beginning at 7pm; our guest services staff keeps the popcorn replenished until 10pm.

I am concerned about the service you received at check-in, we take pride in our guest services. It is possible that the clerk that checked you in was new, and perhaps still training. I am happy that you found this was not the norm during your stay.

Again, I want to thank you for reviewing our hotel and hope if I can be of further assistance, you will contact me directly at rebecka@myinnontheriver.com or 800.388.1727.

Rebecka Urban
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Excellent, clean hotel. Our room, 120, sleeps 6 and literally the back door opens to steps of the outdoor pool and the front inside door opens to the indoor pool, elevator and around the corner ice, coke and door 3 to the outside. The beds are hard, I am a bigger gal and had a hard time sleeping, but my husband and kids slept like babies! I would suggest getting more pillows sent down and lay on them if you are the only big one in your family. The outdoor & indoor pool area is great, no water is over 4.5 feet. Plus on the ground floor you have access to the Little Pigeon River directly anytime you want. My husband and I sat outside on the porch while it was raining, it was beautiful.
The hot breakfast is amazing. You get almost everything you can dream of: eggs, homemade waffles, biscuits & gravy, sausage, toast, bagels, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice, milk, water, coffee, hot chocolate, banana muffins. Excellent breakfast. We had 6 people in our party and was able to eat at a table each morning about 8 am or so. No problems. They also have outdoor seating by Little Pigeon River. The nightly popcorn, tea, coffee, and hot chocolate was a welcome treat. We enjoyed our trip and we would return to this Inn again.

Room Tip: Room on the ground floor and on towards the Little Pigeon River. You can also order any extras ahead of time like towels or pillows too.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Inn On The River! We are happy to read that your family had a great time. We are looking forward to your next Pigeon Forge Vacation!