“We will be back!!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Roopville
“We will be back!!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our room was clean and even smelled clean. They don't use the old bedspreads that do not get washed or changed after every stay. I always carry a can of Lysol to spray everything down but didn't even feel like it was totally nessasary here. The location on Parkway is also great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We take a lot of pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and are pleased that we met your standards! We are looking forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (826)
  • Arabic first
Indiana, United States
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We bought a Groupon deal to stay at The Inn on the River during spring break. The hotel was very nice and clean and located in the middle of Pigeon Forge. My son enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pool and we enjoyed the river view and watching the ducks. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Bruce and Tim who helped my son and I locate a missing pair of goggles. It was late at night and they had other work to do, but took the time to help us.

Room Tip: We asked for a 3rd floor room to have a better view of the river.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review of The Inn On The River! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!
Kingsport
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We really enjoyed out stay at the Inn on the River. The staff is very helpful. One in particular, AJ went above and beyond in helping us move our things to the second room that had a hot tub. He was very helpful and kind.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review and for recognizing our great staff! We hope to see you again!
Grand Blanc
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights this week and paid 139.99 per night. I guess from all the raving reviews I expected something a little better. I have stayed at the Music Road Inn for much cheaper and it was way more elegant and much nicer. This is an average hotel in my opinion. I realize spring break is pricey, but 140.00 per night is way too much for this hotel at any time. Rooms were clean, bed comfortable. We paid extra for the river view. It was nice but if I were to stay there again I would get the cheaper room on the other side, just not worth the extra cost since we never actually sat outside. Breakfast was just ok. They had bagels, toast, muffins, oatmeal, biscuits with gravy, powered eggs, sausage links (very gross tasting), cereal, yogurt, some fruit, and waffles. Milk, juice and coffee. Staff was ok. No one seemed super friendly except the man working the breakfast bar. They had a pool. It was quite small but kids did not mind. Bathroom was a little cramped. Tub had quite a bit of mold on faucet turn handle. It also did not have a working exhaust fan which made it a pain to get ready in the morning with fogged up mirror. Had to wipe off with towel. Not sure if all the rooms had non working fans for just ours. I did not like that you had to walk through the pool area to get to the lobby for breakfast. Floor was super slippery in area that was not covered by the mat. Overall, I would probably not stay here again unless the price was around 80.00 a night. Way too expensive for this hotel. If price was lower I would recommend but Music Road Inn is a better Hotel if your looking for a really nice place to stay.

1 Thank onthemoveMichigan
Thank you for reviewing our hotel; we appreciate you comments. I am sorry to hear you were not extremely happy with your stay. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel, the high level of guest service we provide and the quality of our breakfast served. This is proven by the numerous guest reviews here on TripAdvisor and other sites. I would like to have a little more information about your stay to be able to address your concerns. Please feel free to contact me directly at 800.388.1727 or rebecka@myinnontheriver.com to further discuss your stay, or if there is anything I can do for you.

Rebecka Urban
Guest Services Manager
Huntington, Indiana
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed four nights at the Inn on the River and overall had a pleasant experience. The rooms are nicely furnished and very clean. There are a number of things that could be improved, however. There is a lack of outlets - there were four of us in the room and a total of nine electronic devices (cell phones, computers, iPad, iPods) that we needed to charge. With three females in the room, there were also curling irons, straighteners, hairdryers to plug in when getting ready in the morning. There is one outlet in the bathroom (barely adequate) and one barely accessible plug (single outlet) between two pieces of furniture, and one in a far corner of the room that is difficult to access. We had to unplug lights to access the plugs. The outlets would have been adequate in the 1980's before the advent of personal devices, but are very inadequate now. We commented several times that if we stay here again, we will bring a power strip.

Lighting in the room is also a problem. With all lights blazing, it's still a bit dim at night. In the morning when we needed to plug in curling irons and such, we had to unplug one of the lamps, so the lighting was worse. There is a beautiful mirror on the wall in the room, but it is in such an unlit area that it is not very useful.

The fixtures in the bathroom could also be improved. The vanity is relatively small ({but very nice). The size is made noticeable because the in-room coffee maker takes up about half of the usable space. I know that this not uncommon in hotels, but I find it distasteful to have a coffee maker in the bathroom. We did not use it so it just took up needed space for us. There is nice shelving under the vanity which is very helpful. The vanity is quite tall (have seen this model in Hampton Inns elsewhere and this used to be a Hampton). I am five feet tall and had to stretch on tiptoe to spit into the sink. Not a problem for most adults, but if you are short like me or traveling with children, it's an inconvenience.

The biggest need in the bathroom is for hanging space for towels. There is one hook provided, no towel rack. The rest of us had to just throw our towels on the floor. There is even a sign in the bathroom indicating that we should hang our towels on the rack if we don't want the maid to take them. What rack? I amused myself in the bathroom by counting the number of places one could put a towel rack if one wanted to - I came up with 8. For the love of Mike, give us one. :-)

We had a river side room with a balcony. Very nice with a view of the river, which is quite close to the hotel. We had fun watching the wildlife on the river banks. The breakfast was perfectly adequate and in a nice location with a view of the river. However, we were there in a busy week and never were able to find a table to eat at when we came down for breakfast in spite of trying different times. On nice summer days there are outdoor tables for eating, but it was not warm this week so we were stuck with the limited seating indoors.

The hotel staff was very courteous and helpful. The hotel itself is well cared for and attractive. On the whole we had a good experience. I hope the hotel will address some of the easily fixed items to make it an even more pleasant destination.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate your comments and hope that you will choose to stay with us again! We agree that with the use of different electronic devices such as cell phones, iPads, etc., more outlets are a necessity! We are looking into different options to allow for more outlets in our guest rooms and will be looking to make this change soon. Hopefully this will alleviate the stress of unplugging a lamp or deciding which device to charge. We are also looking into new entrance lighting inside all guestrooms.
Our vanities are at a standard level in the majority of guestrooms; however we do have some where the vanity is lower. (Please ask for one of these rooms on your next visit.)
Also, we are happy to report that we are currently installing more towel hooks in all of our bathrooms to aid in our effort to be a green hotel and for the convenience of our guests.
Again, we appreciate your comments and do hope to see you again!
Rebecka Urban
Guest Services Manager
jakgraham
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I chose to stay at this hotel with our kids fairly blindly, we'd been to Pigeon Forge before and stayed elsewhere
but were hoping for something nicer this time. After much searching we decided on this one based on reviews and pictures. We stayed 3 days and I absolutely loved it! First I want to say that it is clean, our room looked recently renovated and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was a decent size, not one of those you are crammed into. Plenty of mirrors and marble type countertop in the bathroom. Again...CLEAN! With kids and a general concern for cleanliness, the fact that it was so clean was a huge plus in the comfort area! A huge thank you to the cleaning staff on floor 3, what a pain i must've been taking them our trash daily because we like to keep a do not disturb sign up. they were sweet, and very patient with me. Tim was everywhere all the time doing all things! he was great also, great friendly smile and personality, just easy to stay in a place that not only takes such care of things but does it while treating you like a friend. We had chosen a room with a balcony overlooking the river, we all loved it, especially my 3year old, he spent the most time sitting in a chair enjoying the view! It is a pretty view of the river with some businesses in the background but not too close. Now...BREAKFAST! It's a full buffet, scrambled eggs, delicious sausage, biscuits, gravy, make your own fresh waffle, fruit, and on...... Something for every appetite. My kids will miss it! (Me too!) the wonderful staff that they have working the buffet were not only great at keeping us fed and keeping things cleaned up and in order, but they were so pleasant. I cannot remember the names of the man and young woman who do it every morning but thank you both! It's nice to stay somewhere with people who converse so easily with you like they've known you. Staying away from home shouldn't feel like you'd out of a homey environment, the people I encountered at The Inn seemed to understand that. Again...Thank you for helping make our trip comfortable and enjoyable!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms overlook the river, ones without overlook the parking lot and adjacent business.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jakgraham
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
What a wonderful review! Thank you for your great comments and for sharing your vacation with us! We hope to see you again soon!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was our first trip to Pigeon Forge and I wanted a place with an indoor pool, since my kids love to swim. So, I went with the Inn on the River based on reviews from this site. Our room was very clean and not terribly cramped. Everyone that I came across was very friendly! The kids loved the indoor pool and even though it was cold outside I understand from others that the pool outside was heated, but we did not try it out. The breakfast in the morning has something for everyone. Cereal, yogurt, fruit, waffles, grits, oatmeal, biscuits, gray, eggs, sausage, and different types of bread that you can toast if you would like. My children enjoyed getting their own popcorn in the evening in the lobby. We had a great time!

Room Tip: I agree with other travelers that it seems the smell of the chlorine is a bit much on the 1st floor.
Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review The Inn On The River! We appreciate your comments and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!