“A wonderful stay at a great price!”

The Inn On The River
Ranked #2 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We purchased our room on a Groupon. My expectations were not high based on the fact that we paid about 60 bucks total for one night. When we pulled up the outside didn't raise my expectations. However the minute I got inside I realized I had been too quick to judge!! It was wonderful! They had Bath and Body Works amenities, including conditioner which is usually lacking in the Gatlinburg area. They have a nice indoor pool and hot tub. The bathroom was fancy for the price and clean, no cracks in the tub and a clean shower curtain. The room was very spacious and we had a nice walkout porch right on the river. The bedding was clean and comfy. There was a good breakfast buffet included as well. We will CERTAINLY be back!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank mgunter
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you for reviewing The Inn On The River! We are happy that we were able to "wow" you and hope that you will recommend us to everyone! We would be honored to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place is awesome! I don't have a single complaint. Every employee I came in contact with was nice, the room was perfect, indoor pool area was nice and clean. This will be where my family and I stay from now on!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your "perfect" review! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I visited for our anniversary. It was a good, quiet hotel and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was good and the breakfast area had a view next to the river. There were geese hanging out by the river and you could feed them.

Room Tip: When we arrived early, we requested a room facing the river, but it cost a little more. We decided...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to spend your special occasion with us! We were happy to be able to upgrade your for your anniversary trip!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I cannot say enough about our experience at this hotel. We were there the weekend of March 8th and 9th and from the moment we arrived until the time we checked out the staff was awesome! Friendly and informative and most definitely attentive to all of our needs. From Barbie in the office that helped me book our reservations, to the staff at the front desk, to the staff in the breakfast room, all were incredibly helpful and friendly. We will definitely stay at this hotel again when in the Pigeon Forge area! Overall experience was awesome!

Room Tip: The view of the river in the evening on your own private balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dianne C

Thank you for your review of The Inn On The River! We are pleased to have our great staff recognized and that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

AJ helped us to check in at the front desk--he was very nice, friendly and helpful. We were so impressed with the location of the hotel, the clean/nice rooms, hot breakfast every morning (and popcorn at night)! This vacation was the best vacation my husband and I have had in a very long time. We LOVED it and we will be back to the Inn on the River!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kim M
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

"Best" Review EVER! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for recognizing our great staff! We are looking forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I suprised my husband with a weekend getaway for our anniversary. When we arrived at the hotel I was very pleased to hear that our room had been upgraded for free. The room was beautiful!! I had ordered an additional package that had candles, cider, champagne glasses, rose petals, body wash and lotion. It was ready for us when we got there. Everyone was so nice!!! The Inn on the River gave us a wonderful start to our anniversary weekend!! Thank you so much!!!

Room Tip: The rooms on the backside facing the river provide for wonderful views!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley B

Happy Anniversary and thank you for your "perfect" review! We really appreciate having you stay with us! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had a room on the 2nd floor on the river side. The creek was nice and I could see the mountains in the back but there are building across the creek so keep that in mind. Also there are ducks and geese on the creek which was great for viewing pleasure but the geese woke me up both nights (not that the hotel can do anything about this but it needed to be mentioned). The room was just a standard size room but was clean. I did not feel it was dated as a previous reviewer. It had a refrigerator and the bed slept great. I thought the breakfast was good for a free breakfast, eggs, sausage, biscuit, gravy, cereal, waffles, bagels, toast, and the spreads. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The indoor pool and hot tub were nice but small. I was there on the weekend and it was crowded with kids and adults. The location is great. Walking distance to lots of restaurants, middle of the strip to the attractions, shopping near by. My only other thought is about the price. I was expected a little fancier for the price I paid especially for the time of the year I was there, it was high compared to per places in the area. I had a friend who stay at another hotel with a larger room, balcony on the river, for half the price on the same nights. I guess I didn't bargain shop enough on this one. I was overall pleased with my stay.

Room Tip: River side would still be my choice even with the honking geese.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy that your enjoyed your stay. We often have special rates and packages, so make sure to ask about them when you make your next reservation!