2,808 results
All reviewssweet teafree popcornwafflesfire pitwatching the duckslittle pigeon rivergreat place to stayevery eveningmellow mushroomeach morningclean roomsstaff was very friendlyrocking chairsoutdoor poolbreakfast barbreakfast was deliciousfirst floor
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We came in on a Saturday, which is not a good day to try and find a room in Pigeon Forge during
the holiday season. But I did get us booked in for a one night stay, we had never stayed here
before. As others have said the lobby is great, very "homey" the staff very friendly.
Was a bit disappointed in the room, there was not a micro wave in the room which is a common
asset these days, and the most irritating thing was there was only one electrical outlet in the room .We had two computers that needed to be plugged up, not to mention if we had needed to charge a phone.... very disappointing, and the wi-fi, was of poor quality. may have been better in another
room but not in ours and we were not "on the river" but on the parking lot. but that was ok, just thought access in and out of the building left a bit to be desired as well. elevator a bit slow and creaky. and two doors out of the building from the hall, So all in all .. I'd say I'd go back maybe... get a room on the river next time ... those seem to have better reviews..

Room Tip: Rooms on the river might be a better choice if possible.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for reviewing The Inn On The River! I was saddened to read that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. I can appreciate your concern about the number of available outlets in the room you stayed in. As we have become a society dependent on electronics, me included, with cell phones, computers, etc., we can definitely benefit from adding outlets. We are currently looking into feasible options and will hopefully have this remedied soon. I do want you to know we appreciate your review as it has been very helpful! We have a new Wi-Fi system and will work to determine why you had a poor signal. If you can contact me at the hotel I will be able to determine which room you stayed in and test the Wi-Fi in that room. I have passed on your concern about the elevators to assure safety and use. Please contact me at your convenience to further discuss and so I can personally address your concerns.

Rebecka Urban
Guest Services Manager
rebecka@myinnontheriver.com
(800) 388.1727

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had a great experience here at the Inn on the River. I chose this hotel because it was on the river so you could have the ambiance of a quiet setting to relax in, but be in the middle of everything, too. You are only mintues away from every restaurant, attraction, and shopping venue in Pigeon Forge. If you want a quiet trip in the woods to get away from everything you should rent a cabin. The rooms here are clean and the bed very, very comfortable. We had a room with a jacuzzi tub and fireplace with a balcony on the river. We loved the view of the mountains! No matter what time of day we saw a member of the staff we were greeted with a hello and a big smile. I don't believe I've ever stayed anywhere that the staff was so friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was great with biscuits and gravy, grits, REAL eggs, and the normal waffles and bagel stuff. This is a breakfast for folks on the go and shouldn't be graded like a restaurant, althought the grits and gravy is just as good or better than some restaurants I've ate at. If you want a higher end breakfast there are several pancake houses up and down the strip. This is a fanstastic place to take the whole family. I will be back! Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Pony up and get a room with a balony on the river. You'll be glad you did!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review! You said it just right, " ambiance of a quiet setting to relax in, but (be) in the middle of everything, too." We strive to provide everyone with a great experience and great customer service! It is great to hear that we were successful with you! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We arrived on a Thursday night with a late check-in to view the new Christmas lights of Pigeon Forge in the Smokies. We were tired from the trip and welcomed in and had a late nite popcorn snack. Our matresses slept well, our room was clean and we could see and listen to the sounds of the Little Pigeon River from our balcony. The staff was more than helpful with anything we asked. Each day our shampoo, coffee, etc was restocked and we woke up to a great choice of food for breakfast. We are usually a Holiday Inn vacation group, but everything seemed to be that quality. We could walk to the Christmas Place and the Partridge and Pear restraunt and were very close to eating, attractions, outlet and other shopping. We have stayed there for four years in a row and it just seems to get better! Would definately stay here again and reccommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: The balcony by the river is a must if you are going to the mountains
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review! We enjoy having you stay with us and look forward to next time!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My sister and I took a weekend trip in November 2012, and stayed at the Inn on the River. The staff, room, breakfast, atmosphere were all very nice. Many of the guests gathered in the lobby in the evening for popcorn and to socialize. It seemed as though you knew everybody. The hotel is right beside the Christmas Place which made it easy to walk to. Would definitely stay here again, but would book in time to request a room on the river.

Room Tip: Request a room on the river side.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your great comments! We would love to have you stay with us again; please call us when you are planning your next trip and we will try to get you a riverside room with a private balcony!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel has been here quite awhile and they've done everything they could to update it without having to start from scratch, and while there are alot of really nice things, there are alot of quirky things too. The location is right on the main drag in Pigeon Forge which is chaotic, but also convenient if that's where you are wanting to spend most of your time. We had a nice view of the river, the lobby was beautiful, the staff friendly and they have a really nice breakfast in the morning and popcorn served at night, and free internet access. The cons are that the elevators are a little scary, there were hardly any outlets in the room for scrounge up two free ones for cell phone chargers, and the heater/air conditioning unit was old, VERY difficult to regulate, and the heat smelled funny. The lighting in the bathroom was fluorescent and flickered, giving a bit of a headache, and the TV sounded like only one speaker worked, which was only an issue because we were so overwhelmed by the "Vegas for Families" atmosphere that we just wanted to hang out and relax. The rooms were very clean, and we had a jacuzzi in the room that was clean and really generously sized.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rubymagee
innontheriver, General Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you very much for your candid “Pros and Cons” review of The Inn On The River. I value your input and appreciate it mostly because I have had the pleasure of being a part of creating the pros. I am now working on each of the cons; all the items you mentioned are on my wish list of future improvements along with much more. Last week we sent a check in for all new energy efficient guest room heating and air conditioning units that will include new wall mounted digital thermostats. Both elevators are now scheduled for a complete upgrade. Some of our brand new flat screen TVs have sound issues and are being repaired or replaced by the manufacturer. I don’t know which room you occupied but I hope and feel certain maintenance has replaced the flickering bathroom light. If you would like, please contact me personally at karl@myinnontheriver.com or call me at 800-388-1727. Sincerely, Karl Thomas, General Manager.