2,857 results
All reviews sweet tea free popcorn fire pit waffles little pigeon river great place to stay every evening ducks and geese rocking chairs each morning staff was very friendly clean rooms outdoor pool breakfast was delicious first floor breakfast bar private balcony
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Inn on the River was an EXCELLENT place to stay!!!! Had a fabulous time. Rooms were georgeous (very clean and this is from a person who is hard to please in this area).... Everyone was extremely helpful!! (Especially our friend (Kathy V. who made sure our rooms had everything we needed) AWSOME friend. Breakfest in the morning was GREAT (and free)... Would recommend and stay here again!!!!

Room Tip: Awsome hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dana_John2008
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you for reviewing The Inn On The River! We appreciate you comments and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Inn on the River may be on the river, but it overlooks the Las Vegas- style busy strip of downtown Pigeon Forge. The website leads you to believe that it somehow tucked away into a quiet corner of the valley. This is not the case. There are many other similar lodges and hotels that boast "river" views. I purchased this as a Groupon, only to find that the rate I paid with the discount was actually more than what I would have paid by just reserving online!

Everything about this hotel is "fine" (except the breakfast, which is less than fine). The rooms are certainly not luxurious, as the website also states. They are your basic hotel room that you would find in any mid- level chain hotel. To give a comparison, I think a Hampton Inn is one above The Inn on the River. If you are going to the attractions in Pigeon Forge and want to be close by, where all the hustle and bustle is, it's a great location. If you were under the impression that this is a more elegant and rustic alternative to places on the strip, then this is the wrong impression.

The breakfast buffet is similar to all the other breakfast buffets at hotels, but everything was watered down for economy to the point that I found some of it inevitable. Here we were in the South and the grits were the worst I've ever had: hard and not cooked enough, yet very, very watery. The coffee was watered down, even the eggs had so much milk added to them that they were watery.

The heating system was old and when we came in, the heat was not on (in November). However, the system goes from oppressively hot to too cold and there was no temperature gauge, so I ended up getting up a few times a night to turn off the heat and then turn it on again when it got too cold.

All in all, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone else. If it was 75 dollars a night? Yes. But not at the 130+plus rate that I paid ("on discount" mind you).

The biggest lesson I learned is to stop buying all these Groupon- type discounts that turn out to not really be a deal at all!

1  Thank GeorgiaJohnson
innontheriver, General Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

I was very disappointed to read your review of The Inn On The River. Your opinions are very important to us. I understand that you purchased a Groupon voucher and without knowing which of the 4 offers your purchased I cannot speak to you specifically, except two of the offers included two adult tickets to Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies that are valued at $56.35. Our website rates for your room type during November were from $117.95 to $127.95 plus tax. We take a lot of pride in our breakfast items to the point of not using instant grits or oatmeal, and unfortunately do run out occasionally and they take an hour to cook. As for your guest room heat and air conditioning, we are waiting for our brand new heat and air conditioner units to arrive which will include a wall mounted digital thermostat. Please contact me to discuss further so I may find out more details to use your review constructively.

Karl Thomas, General Manager (800-3881727) or karl@myinnontheriver.com

Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I actually left another hotel in Pigeon Forge that was already paid for to go back to this one. Our expectations were surpassed especially since this is one of the more affordable hotels in the area. The staff was very nice, accommodating and tended to all our requests. The complimentary breakfast was delicious, fresh and filing with lots of options for every taste. Also, I am not sure if this happens year round, but while we were there they had a 24 hour hot beverage station which included coffee, tea, and hot chocolate as well as free popcorn from 7-10 pm. The rooms were very clean and comfortable with many updated features including: the A/C and heater unit (which ran very quietly), the furniture, bathroom fixtures, television etc. We stayed at the hotel during the late fall so the open fireplace with a spacious common area was a very nice feature when you didn't want to be cooped up in your room at night. Since it was cold we also took advantage of the heated indoor pool and hot tub. There was also a heated exterior pool, but it was too cold for us to be interested in trying it.

All in all our stay at this hotel was a great experience and should we ever go back to this area again, The Inn on the River would be our first choice.

1  Thank Ryan C
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for your great review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We met friends at the Inn on the River and had a wonderful stay. Since the reason for the trip was to see friends we hadn't seen in a year, we spent a lot of time in the very large comfortable lobby.
The staff went out of their way to help us and make us feel welcome. The hotel was clean and breakfast was great.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank schaney26

Thank you for your great review! We truly enjoyed having you and your friends visit with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Was easy to find and get in and out in the traffic. Had a nice view of river. Clean and plenty of bath supplies. The bed slept good but, mine and the boys pillows felt like extra large cotton balls.The bed clothing was extra clean and the extra blankets I really really liked. Not much tv channels but, who comes to Pigeon Forge to watch tv. Didn't have to drive far to find some nice places to eat. Minutes from Wal-Mart for items you forgot.

Room Tip: Rooms next to river was quiet. We were on the 2nd. floor and had nice view and got to watch the geese and ducks.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments and concerns and will use your review constructively. We hope to see you again soon!