“WORST EXPERIENCE DON'T GO THERE”

The Inn On The River
Ranked #2 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We went to this place and boy was it horrible. I was told if we wanted to cancel do nothing and we won't be charged. My daughter got there and wanted to cancel since she had problems with her cell phone there. They wanted to charge her for the night. She stayed after all. Then we went to go get tickets to the Dixie Stampede at the front desk (again I was told we could get discount tickets there) and when I got there I was told we had to get them from a ticket place and not at the hotel. NO DISCOUNTS FROM THEM (I go and learn on my day of leaving the hotel that they indeed had discount tickets which would have saved me 20.00 but no one gave me any.
I was out of the room all day from 10 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon and the room was never cleaned. The cleaning people were nasty after I complained about this to the front desk. They finally were in the room for not even 5 mins. How could they clean a room that fast? My daughter's room wasn't even entered by the cleaning people.
Then later that night I get a phone call from the front desk complaining that we were making too loud of noise and that other guests were complaining about it. I told them it wasn't us but he got nasty with me and told me to keep the noise down.
I complained to the manager on the day we were leaving and she had said to me I will give you a full refund for the 2 rooms. I went to sign the papers for her and found they only credited me 30.00 for my 2 nights which meant 15 each night. I have never had such bad treatment as I did there and I will never go back there.

Room Tip: The pics are nothing like the rooms. Those pics must be when the hotel first opened. None of the r...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fran1023
innontheriver, General Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

I am sorry to read about your dissatisfaction during your stay at The Inn On The River. Our hotel policy is, if any guest is unhappy, to allow cancellation without penalty. We are in the heart of Pigeon Forge and the only issues we have ever had with cell phone service in my 2.5 years as General Manager, has been with AT&T. We do not and have never sold Dixie Stampede tickets. There is a discount reservation card we give our guest that is informational. The guest may call Dixie Stampede’s number and make a reservation and get a $5 discount after you turn it in at Dixie Stampede. Again, we don’t sell them.
If you would kindly provide us with your room numbers, I can investigate further as to why your rooms were not cleaned by 4 pm. Unless you had Do Not Disturb signs posted they should have been cleaned. We do keep a housekeeper on until 11 pm nightly to clean rooms that might need attention after hours. If you would contact me I can see exactly who cleaned your room and why only 5 minutes was spent. If you do not provide me with details, I cannot responsibly investigate the noise issues or any others you’ve described.
Also, all of our guest room photographs were taken in June 2010, six months after we became The Inn On The River. The only changes today are improvements we’ve made, which include remodeling the lobby, painting, adding flat screen TV’s plus all new mini-fridges. We respect and value each and every guest experience.
I agree that if you expected a full refund you should get a full refund.
Please call me at 800-388-1727 or email me at: karl@myinnontheriver.com

Karl Thomas

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were in Pigeon Forge last year and passed by The Inn on the River. We checked out their website and decided it was the one to try out next time we were in town. We stayed here last week one day on our way up the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was definitely more than we ever expected!!!! We didn't realize the room we had booked was on the ground floor by the river which would be excellent for feeding the ducks and squirrels but... (we love higher up) so checked back with the desk.The Manager and the young lady at the desk that night took care of it and we ended up extremely pleased with our higher up room. The balcony view of the river was just breathtaking! The room was really exceptional....it had a fireplace and a jaccuzi that was in a separate room plus so many more amenities..we got in a little late so we couldn't wait for morning to come...it was barely dawn and we took a peek outside...the view was amazing...there were ducks swimming around the river in several places and a batch would fly through up the river occasionally...honking away. We went back to sleep and when we woke up to go down to the wonderful breakfast there were still lots of ducks swimming around. We highly recommend this Inn for a different kind of relaxing stay. We will be back next week for 5 days! They also have a great swimming poo...l and fresh popped popcorn in the evening...yum!

Room Tip: If you can get a riverside room, it's worth it! Even better with fireplace and jacuzzi if availa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike and Terri A
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review! We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

On the spur of moment we decided to stop in Pigeon Forge and fortunately The Inn On The River had a room for us. Great place, great price and great people! Clean with a good location and the best Hotel\Motel breakfast we've had in a long time as good as some restaurants. Will stay there again!

1  Thank Mbhoff
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for your great review! We enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to your next visit to Pigeon Forge!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

What a great Hotel in Pigeon Forge,we had the best time staying in the hotel,there was plenty of parking available as well as a walkway dwn to the river.Thr rooms were just perfect,very clean and plenty of everything tht we needed.The breakfast was very nice and plenty of choices to choose from as well as HOT.We very seldom find nice hotels in Pigeon Forge with nice staff but this one was excellent.I highly recommend this one to travelers as you will not be dissappointed at all. Thanks again,Wayne&Karen Riley

Room Tip: We had a room on the bottom floor near the end of the building which was very quiet
2  Thank pooh3160

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and for your great recommendation!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

After looking at almost ALL of the other hotels in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, and systematically ruling them out either based on bad reviews or absurdly high prices in Oct., we decided on The Inn on The River.
I was nervous leading up until check-in, because I am a very picky traveler, and insist on a nice and clean hotel or it ruins my trip.
I was extremely pleased with this hotel!!! We had a first floor King room, parkside, rm #107.The room was VERY clean,smelled nice and the bed was great. The lobby of this hotel is very nicely decorated and has plenty of room for guests to sit and enjoy breakfast, popcorn in the evenings, or simply to just sit and enjoy the fireplace and view of the river out back. My husband even used the lobby to sit and do some laptop work for his job late one evening and again at 6am the next morning.He was always greeted by the staff and made to feel very welcome, and hot coffee was always available to him.
We will definitely be back to this hotel, and will be recommending it to our friends and family as well.
Oh! We were also able to meet the famous "Cliff" that everyone raves about there on TA. He is a very friendly person, even helped us find some ketchup packets for some leftovers we were reheating, and definitely an assest to the hotel staff ;-)

1  Thank DazyBugg

Thank you for reviewing The Inn On The River and for your great comments! I would also like to thank you for recognizing our great staff, they are our best asset! We hope to see again soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

What a great time was had by all!!! Four cousins and four aunts (ages 73, 85, 85, and 85) met in Pigeon Forge for a small reunion. The hotel was a perfect choice!!! We could have not asked for anything better!! The staff was the nicest we could have had--everytime we left someone was there to hold the door for us. The breakfast was great and we loved eating on the deck overlooking the river. The rooms were very clean and quiet. I could go on....the popcorn, restroom in lobby, coffee all day, etc.....it was all grand!!!! We will stay again!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cyndi C

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and for letting us host your family reunion! We loved having you and your family stay with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed here in the past 4 months. Both times this place is GREAT. The staff is awsome ,cater to your every need.. Love this place, only place we'll stay if we get a hotel.........

Room Tip: get a room on the ground floor to feed the ducks
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We enjoyed having you stay with us!