“A Great Place to Stay!”

The Inn On The River
Ranked #2 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 1, 2011

We loved The Inn so much when we stayed there in June that we scheduled a Thanksgiving stay before we checked out. The Inn is a clean, well-run hotel right on the banks of the Little Pigeon River. What impressed us at first is that everyone there is an American; the desk staff, maids, maintenance men, everyone. And every one of them is as nice and friendly and helpful as can be. Make sure you get a balcony room, and spend some time watching the Little Pigeon go by. The back porch (off the lobby) is a great place to do that, too. The complimentary breakfast is great, with plenty of choices for everyone. The pools (indoor and outdoor) are clean and well-maintained. They could do a little better job policing smoking at the far end of the building, but that is a very minor complaint. My family will not stay any place else in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg. We LOVE The Inn On The River!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Leo B
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2011

We appreciate your feedback and have taken you suggestions into consideration. We are very pleased that you enjoyed you stay with us.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

The Inn on the River is the perfect place to stay. We stayed with two small children (7 and 5) and we had so much fun! Breakfast was awesome, the pools were fantastic and the location was perfect to all the fun things to do in Pigeon Forge. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; we are looking forward to you next visit!

Reviewed November 30, 2011

I had the best time at this inn. The staff was wonderful and it was located downtown so we could walk easily to the store and back.

Room Tip: 3rd floor back rooms are quite.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2011

I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed November 30, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed with the Inn on the River.Most trips to the area are usually in a Cabin. This trip we took on a whim without our 2 and 5 yr old. Our stay here almost didn't happen. We'd already had reservations elsewhere. The Inn was highly suggested to us by a friend. So I really wanted to visit. The day I called the phone lines were down. SO I thought well I'll just pay more to stay at the other establishment. Finally about 3 pm I got though, but The girl said I need to call you back just in case our phones go out again. She called me back after a brief conversation they gave me a wonderful rate but I let her know I needed to make sure I could cancel my other reservations. I asked if I could call her back on her Cell phone needless to stay they made a great effort for us. Once I got everything on my end taken care of I called back and got our reservations. The people were so nice and caring and it was the BEST 2 nights sleep we've had in months oh wait since our 2 year old was born. Our entire stay was so relaxing. I would reccomend The Inn on The River to ANY and EVERYONE...

Room Tip: Rooms are clean. Our was the last at the end of the hall so easy to go out the doors and down the st...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for allowing us to host you for this well-deserved bit of respite from the chaos of everyday life! We enjoyed having you here and can't wait for your return trip.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

we love to stay at this hotel. Everytime we go to Pigeon Forge we stay here. Great location and always clean and polite.

• Stayed: September 2011

Can't wait for your next visit!

Reviewed November 30, 2011

Stayed 2 nights in a jacuzzi suite, and had a view of the river. Room was clean, and the staff was very friendly! Would return again!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for your great comments!

Reviewed November 30, 2011

This is an ok hotel. Yes its clean. Yes it has a full hot breakfast. But we were there for 4 nights over a weekend and never once saw any omelets. Just the same fare every day. Also the seating is very limited that even tho we were a family with small kids, we had to wait for table to eat breakfast and then even if we weren't almost rude, others would dash in and snatch the tables up. We paid extra for a river view balconey room. Well they gave us a first floor room which was simply a door that opened to the outside. Not a balconey where we could trust our children out themselves. We may as well went to a motel with exterior corridors. Very disappointing and not worth what we paid.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank BeachesRus06

I apologize for the less than perfect experience you had while staying with us. I hope that you give us another chance when visiting Pigeon Forge in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly when reserving your room and I will assure that you receive a room above the ground floor with a Balcony, rather than Patio, overlooking the Little Pigeon River.
I do understand your disappointment about the omelet station; we are planning an expansion of our breakfast area that will allow for this to be reintroduced in the future. I can happily report that our new furniture has arrived and we now have more seating available in our lobby.

Rebecka Urban