“Newly Renovated, a few rough edges”

Super 8 Pigeon Forge-Emert ST
Ranked #35 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Louisville, KY
“Newly Renovated, a few rough edges”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed here for two nights and enjoyed one of the newly renovated suites that included a large flat-screen TV, plush towels, crisp linens, granite counters, new carpet, all-new furnishings, and a very comfortable memory foam mattress. The room would have been perfect if it were to have an ironing board & iron. The front desk staff was very friendly and the breakfast included boiled eggs and biscuits & gravy, which is not normally included in the Super 8 chain "Superstart" continental breakfast. They are still putting some finishing touches on the newly renovated rooms (my room included the microwave and coffee maker, but the front desk informed me they were still waiting on the shipment of new mini-fridges to arrive.) The pool was not yet open, which I was also informed would be serviced at the conclusion of the renovations. Although there were still some "rough edges" in the process of being smoothed out, you could see that the owners had made a substantial investment in the property, and the low rate I paid (less than what the 1-star hotels on the strip charge) was an absolute bargain for such a beautiful and comfortable room. As long as the rates remain reasonable, I plan to return to this hotel again on my future trips to Pigeon Forge. Five stars. Looking forward to my next trip already.

Room Tip: When entering from the Parkway, turn into the Long John Silver's and continue straight through t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Robin_Mng, General Manager at Super 8 Pigeon Forge-Emert ST, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Cristopher,

We are so happy you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. Yes we are putting our finishing touches on the hotel and are very proud of our progress. We do have wonderful new owners. They have made a world of difference for us. We are proud of our new hotel and we thank you for telling everyone about us. We look forward to your next stay.
Have a Super day!
Sincerely
Robin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Pigeon Forge
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The re-modeling was a vast improvement. The rooms were clean and nice. The only negative was the breakfast was not very good an the orange juice was watered down

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Robin_Mng, General Manager at Super 8 Pigeon Forge-Emert ST, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Sean,
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am very glad to hear you liked our renovations. We love hearing back from our guest on what they liked and what we can improve. We are working on the breakfast and I will address the orange juice. I do apologize that it seemed to be watered down. I will make sure they are measuring correctly. I do hope you liked the new items we added to our breakfast. The biscuits and gravy, boiled eggs and bagels are new and something not offered at all Super 8s.
From the entire staff at Super 8, we thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next stay. Have a Super day!

Best Regards
Lewistown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I found this Motel to be newly renovated and you can still smell the fresh paint. The rooms are nicely furnished, and the beds were comfortable. The staff were very friendly and very accommodating, i.e. the WI FI was down when I logged on and the new employee went and reset the servers fixing the problem. I was disappointed in not finding a Gideon Bible in any of the stands, however, upon check-out the lady was very apologetic and made a note to correct this for the next guests. The entrance to the property is a little circuitous and a little hard to find from the Parkway, however, I would definitely recommend this Super 8 to other travelers and visitors to Pigeon Forge. The continental breakfast was not available for our stay, as they were still getting supplies delivered, however, a Continental Breakfast was available just next door at another Motel at no cost to you.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the view from our third floor room which is unusual for us as we normally do not take room...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Robin_Mng, General Manager at Super 8 Pigeon Forge-Emert ST, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you Wilard for you excellent review. Also we appreciate letting us the things we need to address. We have the Bibles back in the rooms now. We are putting the finishing touches on our renovation, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.
We look forward to your next stay with us. Have a Super day.
Best Regards
Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed April 27, 2014

They have done a nice remodel with updated breakfast(no meats). Rooms were nice, except they used the old plumbing and ceiling fixtures... took away from the clean look of the new room. The outside still needs some TLC. The bed was clean, but the floors had not been swept... there were crumbs of food from previous guests on the carpet and evidence of previous pets being in the room. We had to treat our little dog for fleas as soon as we left the room because she was constantly scratching all the way home in the car.
Our biggest complaint was that the rate quoted on the phone when we made reservations were increased once we arrived at the hotel. And... after a 15 hour drive to get there... we were too tired to argue with them about the mis-quote. We probably won't stay there again.
The staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for reservation confirmation.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to speak with and allow my the chance to address the quote difference. I am glad I was able to fix this for you. We strive to make our guest happy. I do hope we see you on your next visit to Pigeon Forge.
From all the staff we hope you have a great day.
Best regards