We booked our stay through Orbitz and arrived around check-in time on 8/1. We loved the location since it was off the strip but close to everything. The staff was friendly and the room was very clean. The continental breakfast was very good.
The hotel only has one elevator and it is very slow especially when the hotel is full.
Once we walked into our room and saw how small it was, we asked to upgrade but was informed there was not really anything larger. We had the one queen bed layout which I would not recommend. This layout made it hard to keep the bedroom cool since the A/C did not blow into this room and it felt very small.
The queen size bed we slept on had a very firm mattress which for us was very uncomfortable. We didn’t get very much rest because of this. The hotel staff and management said they are upgrading the mattresses soon but this didn’t make my stay better.
The hotel offers a light touch cleaning service where the house keeping only makes the bed, brings fresh towels, and takes the trash if requested that day. Otherwise, they don’t do a full cleaning until the fourth day.
Our issue with this is we have a 17 month old child and needed trash taken out daily due to dirty diapers. Being on vacation and based on the amount we were paying for the stay, I didn’t feel I should have to take my own trash out. On the morning of the second day we requested the light touch service and no one ever came. The third day we again requested light touch service and someone came but they didn’t really make the bed the way we expected. On the fourth day, we didn’t get the full service at all.
We met with an assistant manager the morning of our check out and he said the Manager was out of town and would contact us when he returned about our stay-never happened.
We were told since we used Orbitz, the hotel could not refund our money at all because Orbitz paid them. The assistant manager said he would discourage people from using Orbitz because of situations like these and if Orbitz keeps me from getting compensated for an unsatisfactory stay, I agree with the assistant manager.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mainstay Suites an ALL-SUITE hotel located in Pigeon Forge. Indoor/outdoor pools, full breakfast. Located near the new LeConte Center, Dollywood, Dixie Stampede, The all new Island, WonderWorks and Titanic Museum. We also have a convention center for up tp 350 guest with meeting room space available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your MainStay Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mainstay Suites Pigeon Forge
- Pigeon Forge Mainstay Suites
- Mainstay Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Mainstay Pigeon Forge
- Mainstay Suite Pigeon Forge