All reviewslazy riverthe main dragmain stayfull kitchenstove topconference centerindoor poolinner tubeswaffleskitchen areabiscuitstwo blocksoff the stripqueen suiteice makerfamily reunionsleeper sofa
Reviewed May 11, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a week, since my spouse had a business meeting there. The business facility looked quite nice, though I did not use it much. The room was odd. One problem is that the carpet was damp and dark. The living room felt old and dated. The bedroom was small, but adequate. I was glad it was a two-room suite, since each room was so small. There was a full refrigerator, cooking area and cups/utensils provided. There was probably more, but we didn't cook, so I really don't know. The tv was slightly possessed and kept changing channels on its own. Staff indicated that they are changing out the televisions with flat screens, so the possessed tv is going soon. Between the sofa area and kitchen area of the room is a table that serves both as a desk or a place to eat. It was a very functional and convenient area for working, and I used it daily.

They have both indoor and outdoor pools, which is a nice feature. They sorta have a lazy river, but not really - it's more like a skinny pool with inner tubes in it. It is very stark, just concrete, and it doesn't move you anywhere. The jacuzzi had a scary amount of chlorine in it, so we only put our feet in and didn't leave them in long. The complimentary breakfast was adequate. The common areas seemed cleaner and brighter and more well-maintained. The grounds were also well taken care of.

The Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg trolley conveniently picks you up at the hotel, running approximately every 30 minutes. All in all, I would go back, I guess, but hopefully, for $100/night, I could find something better. There seems to be an overwhelming number of inexpensive, dated hotels in the area, so maybe this is as good as it gets (but I hope not). I wouldn't recommend it or not recommend it, but tripadvisor doesn't give me that option. I would, however, recommend the Tanger Outlets and the Nike Clearance store (in the Belz Outlet area) for fabulous shopping deals.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank HappyTrails2U
Reviewed January 22, 2010

We vacation in Pigeon Forge every summer and always stay in different places. We have never found that "ONE" place we want to continue to stay until MainStay. We had extended family with us and we all enjoyed it. We did have a faulty lock on our door and got locked in for several hours but we just chalked this up as memories! The General Manager was absolutely excellent with the problems we experienced. The desk staff was very friendly as well as the cleaning staff. If I had to change something it would be the breakfast staff is not very friendly or accomadating and the lazy river pool needs to be cleaned and painted. But this now will be our family's hotel choice for our vacations.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2010

We spent one night at the Mainstay Suites in Pigeon Forge December 29th. We stayed here because we wanted the rapid rewards points. We actually had a good stay. Judging from the reviews it seems its hit or miss. We stayed in a first floor room so we did not deal with the elevator. We were also so busy we did not visit the indoor pool area but it looked fine. The first room they gave us smelled like someone had been smoking. I immediately went back to the front desk and she gave us another room which was great. We had two queen beds and a sofa sleeper which worked great for my husband and I and our two boys, 12&11. They can share a bed but when it works out where each can have their own, its so much nicer. The room is like a extended stay with a sitting area and a small full kitchen, a eating pennisula with chairs and a dishwasher. There was also a laundry area down the hall. It was winter but the outdoor pool area looked nice and they have a small lazy river. Breakfast was a delux cont. but we did not eat here because we always go to the Pancake Pantry in Gatlinburg! This stay would definitley make me want to stay again. The price was good, we get the Rapid Reward Points and the larger room with its ammenities is definitely more comfortable for the family. It is about two blocks off the strip but still close to everything.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2009

We were there for a beauty pageant. The entire hotel was SOLD OUT for 2 days w/ only pageant people. Hotel made a ton of money being sold out. My 70 yr old became ill w/ food poisoning Sat afternoon. She was vommitting all afternoon and all night. The event was to be over around 1:30 pm Sunday afternoon (check out time was 12pm). I asked if she could stay in the room an extra 1 1/2 hours and stay laying down until the event was over (again, the entire hotel was booked for this event) and I was told NO!!! Unless I paid them more money! MONEY over compassion for a 70 yr old woman! Just for 1 1/2 hours! After they had made so much money on this event! WILL NOT EVER stay again!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank perkypamw
Reviewed November 29, 2009

The hotel is in a beautiful location, however the interior is getting dirty and run down. The wallpaper is peeling off the walls, the beds are uncomfortable, the other furniture is the cheapest possible. Most startlingly, the elevator makes very strange popping noises and runs very very slowly--scary.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple