This was our first stay at a Mainstay Suites hotel. We typically do not stay in a suite due to cost, but this hotel was affordable and worth the chance.
The pros - The room was very spacious and clean. We liked the fact that housekeeping was on-request - called "light touch" at the hotel. They came in and provided fresh towels on our 3rd day (out of 4), but didn't bother us otherwise. However, we were told if we needed anything to call - we didn't have any such need during our stay. The queen size beds were comfortable, and we especially liked that the room was set up so that we could turn the tv towards the couch and watch a movie while the kids (6 and 8) went to sleep. The kitchen was nice - though we didn't actually do any cooking. However, we did make us of the large counter space. Great pool set up for the family with a lazy river included (a big hit with our boys). Having a private balcony on an upper floor made it easy for us to dry our swim suits and towels easily. Note: They have towels for the pool, but like most hotels they are really glorified hand towels. For the price you get quite a bit - the continental breakfast and afternoon snack (popcorn) are a plus. Finally, we were pleased to find the hotel was off of the "main drag" in Pigeon Forge. The surroundings were quiet and picturesque.
The cons - only two elevators means you will be waiting awhile. We were on the 3rd floor and used the stairs more often than the elevator. The continental breakfast was very basic - cereal, pastries, and bagel bar. They did have fixings for egg muffins, which was nice, but they didn't vary the menu during our stay so it got a little repetitive. If you need more variety, you'll probably want to make use of the kitchen in your room or go out to one of the many pancake places nearby. There is no restaurant near the hotel - unless you want to walk 1/2 mile.
Overall, we could overlook the downsides and found enough good things about the hotel to make us consider staying here the next time we visit Pigeon Forge. For the cost (save 10% by booking on-line) and the amenities provided, we think this is an above average place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mainstay Suites an ALL-SUITE hotel located in Pigeon Forge. Indoor/outdoor pools, full breakfast. Located near the new LeConte Center, Dollywood, Dixie Stampede, The all new Island, WonderWorks and Titanic Museum. We also have a convention center for up tp 350 guest with meeting room space available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your MainStay Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mainstay Suites Pigeon Forge
- Pigeon Forge Mainstay Suites
- Mainstay Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Mainstay Pigeon Forge
- Mainstay Suite Pigeon Forge