“dollywood trip”
Review of MainStay Suites

MainStay Suites
Ranked #9 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed January 16, 2014

me and my family stayed there when we visited Dollywood in December 2013..rooms and service were excellent only problem I had was their elevator is VERY VERY VERY SLOOOWW! they need to update that :)!

Room Tip: rooms are excellent I had a handicap room and it was plenty big enough for me to get around. mom and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for being our guest. We do have two elevators one near the front desk lobby and the other at the end of the long hallway. The building is made into a tee shape and has one long hallway,that is why we put the elevators in separate locations. However the main elevator is used more frequently. We appreciate you staying with us and are always looking to Improve. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Perfect place for exploring the mountains or just enjoying Pigeon Forge. Large, comfortable rooms, clean, everything in working order. Very good breakfast, but the breakfast room may be busy a times. Very good location in a nice rural setting, but only a short walk to "The Strip." The place is very well maintained, not "beat up" as so many of the motels in the area are. Management obviously takes pride in taking care of the motel and the guests.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for being our guest. I am also a Maryville resident and happy to see our friends and neighbors from Maryville visiting us here at MainStay Suites. Thank you for a great review of our property. We do care about our guest satisfaction and are doing more remodeling to our property to make even better.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

There was 6 in our party and the suite would sleep 6. Staff was extremely friendly and check in and check out was very easy. The breakfast was good even though they did not have grits. I am from the south and love my grits but I got by without them. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool. The wi-fi was a little slow in my room but I did not want to get on line much anyway and they had a computer in the lobby for guest use. It is just far enough off the parkway that it is quiet but only takes about a minute to be on the parkway. This will become my place to stay in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for bringing your family to Mainstay Suites in Pigeon Forge. We want it to "feel like home" while staying with us. I guess I might have to add grits to the breakfast menu. You are right we are just 1 block off the main strip with a quite, cozy, beautiful all suite hotel. Close to all the amenities that Pigeon Forge has to offer. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed at this hotel due to its high rating. Unfortunately, it was not what we expected. The hotel staff was great. The room needed some repairs including the curtains which had a major hole in them. Also the shower had two holes on the side where the top grab handle was missing. Cleanliness was fair but by the end of our four night stay there was a odor coming from somewhere we could pinpoint. We think it was from the garbage disposal which we didn't use. The breakfast was good but not enough tables to accommodate the crowd each morning. Location was great and close to everything. Parking wasn't an issue. Last thing was a hidden charge of a $1.50 a day for the safe. If it was anymore than a 1.50 I would have complained. Wasn't bad, just not what we were expecting from the high ratings we viewed.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

We certainly pride ourselves on being more than average. I'm sorry that you never asked to speak to me during your stay and have the opportunity to correct anything that was wrong. I expect my staff to deliver 100% guest satisfaction and I'm sure we could have moved you to a different room if repairs needed to be made. As for the safe charge the charge the fee is $1.50 per day but guest can ask for it to be taken off at check-in or refunded at checkout. All guest read and initial about safe charges as well as smoking and pet fees. We really enjoyed having you and hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

The location is nice. Away form the noise yet still close and has a trolley stop. But no front desk, they are back in an office. They just seem out of touch with what is going on. Outside door were often open at the pool... I asked why, they did not know the doors were open. There is a sign over the kitchen sink where the Continental breakfast is prepared that said don't rinse mops in this sink. Which lead me to believe that they had a problem with that in the past. Creakiest elevator i have even been on. Overall nice facilities just very passive management.

Room Tip: lower the floor the better...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us in Pigeon Forge. We pride ourselves on being in the top 5 of all Mainstay Suites.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We just needed a place to stay on the night before we got in to Asheville. Found this online for a very incredible price! Beautiful suite with 2 queen beds and a pull out couch. It also had a kitchen, full refrigerator and a deck! The staff was so courteous - true Southern hospitality. My whole family wished we could've stayed longer, by far our best find on our trip.

1  Thank 19KMA64
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

We truly hope you had a good Christmas season. Thank you for spending time with us and sharing your valuable comments. Our goal is to be "Your home away from home". Hope to see you in Spring or Summer of 2014.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Upon our arrival at Main Stay we was given room 217 2nd floor room at the end of the Hall, which was spotless. The room was very cold upon on arrival, went back and informed the front desk the heat wasn't working, they advised me the controls for the room was on the wall. I went back to the room changed the temp. controls and still nothing happened, my wife and I finally figured out the heating unit was unplugged, after we plugged the heating unit up the room warmed fairly quick. The fan going between the bedroom and living/dining room was a little loud, but worked great. We used the pool and hot tub, the area was clean very well kept. The complimentary breakfast was really good quality food, and the host was a exceptionally nice lady. I would stay with Main Stay again, but I do think Main Stay should insure the rooms are warm before guest check ins. It was a very unpleasant experience being at Dollywood all day and frozen from the cold weather and checking into a cold room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for the kind comments about our property and yes your room should have been warm prior to you checking in. I will work with my housekeeping staff to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. I look forward to seeing you back in the spring at Mainstay Suites